It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE Ustreams of NATO Summit Protesters in Chicago!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
In response to the diagram you drew: Did you consciously have "money is the root of all evil" in mind when you drew that?

In a way, though I don't think it is necessarily the idea of money that is wrong... it's the affect it has when you consider human nature. Money isn't evil, just incompatible with human society as it is now. Very few people can obtain a lot of money and remain empathic towards others. Money IS influence in our society (you know, "money talks"), so it would naturally play into a chart of influences.

The demonstrators are now chanting the 99% slogan. Some news organizations are saying 75,000 people, that seems a little high though I haven't yet seen the end of the march. From what I have seen on the streams I would estimate 10,000 or so, maybe a few thousand more. In addition I would say several thousand onlookers and media personnel, etc.
edit on 20-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

Do you know of any aerial streams? I'd like to see what the streets look like so I can get a feel of the magnitude of the protestors.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is history guys, we're making history!

2nd

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think an excellent protest chant, or a campaign poster, would be:

'What's inside an Evil Man's mind? I just HAD to know'.

courtesy Skinny Puppy

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by nahahh
How come i don't believe NOTHING these people are streaming? How do you know they aren't working with the police? How do you know these people aren't government shills? Do you really believe the government wouldn't take care of the streaming video department? Come on now. How "stupid" do you think TPTB are?

ETA: My gut tells me, whoever is streaming these videos...are COPS! Why is the girl the only one in disguise??? They SMELL LIKE 5-0!

They act like they're so important, that the entire police force is after them? One of their friends was arrested, interrogated, detained for 6 hours, and released? Then, he tells them that they asked him, who is friend was? Come on now. Who's writing this stuff??? Where's the protest???? These people are just driving around. Probably distracting us from the real action. DONT FALL FOR ANY OF THIS PROPAGANDA. NOTHING, these days, CAN BE TRUSTED!!!

These people have exposed themselves, a few times, in the 15 minutes that i've been watching. I'm not biting!!! I feel like i'm watching some kind of Psy-Op.

BTW....why did they bring a girl with them? To make us 'believe' the lie more??? I'm not buying it!!!
edit on 20-5-2012 by nahahh because: (no reason given)

Dude, seriously, you are wrapped way too tight. Chill.

I think they are legit, and are being targeted and harassed. All they are doing is streaming live events, which is neither illegal nor easy to manipulate. If these aren't the real protests, then that means the government built a replica of Chicago and filled it with extras. I can't accept that.

This is real.

That may be real...but not every participant in the game, is a real player. I may be wrapped too tightly, but apparently, you're not wrapped tight enough. How do you KNOW they're not shills or government agents? How do you KNOW FOR CERTAIN. How do you even know, the person next to you...protesting...is on the up and up? Fact is: YOU DON'T!!!

To believe such a thing...let's me know you have no STREET experience...and know nothing about our government; which is always 2 steps ahead.

If you wanna protest....chanting in the streets....AINT GONNA WORK. Has a "peaceful protest" ever worked? They don't care about your banners....your "protest". If they did....our world would be for the better; not for the worse. And let's face it.......NOTHING.....is getting better!

Oh, and THIS is their logo right? Hmmmmmm I guess once you pick up on the symbolism...it's hard to put it down.

ETA:

Freemasonry: The ouroboros is displayed on numerous Masonic seals, frontispieces and other imagery, especially during the 17th century.
Ouroboros - Wikipedia
edit on 20-5-2012 by nahahh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Do you know of any aerial streams? I'd like to see what the streets look like so I can get a feel of the magnitude of the protestors.

Chicago is under a no fly zone order so the only aerial streams are from the military I'd think.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nahahh

That is not the ouroboros, nor does it have anything to do with it.

Maybe gives us some facts about this symbol first before you start going on wild goose chases:

The only thing you said was: "this is their symbol". Who are "they" and what are you talking about?

What it means (quite obviously) is that the streamers allow the protestors to be heard and the protestors are fighting so the streamers can be seen. It has nothing to do with the ouroboros.

I bet it does however have something to do with this.

"The whole world is watching" was an iconic chant by antiwar demonstrators outside the Chicago Hilton Hotel during the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

No I know that there wont be any news copters. I was just thinking maybe there are some feeds from atop of the buildings - I just can't find anything.

Have that sealed off all roof tops and floors above ground level aswell?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yeah, these Ustreamers need some Gatoraide to replenish their electrolytes lol It's so hot out there and they haven't had much sleep some of them are starting to sound exhausted, especially codeframesf.

Water won't cut it.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

No I know that there wont be any news copters. I was just thinking maybe there are some feeds from atop of the buildings - I just can't find anything.

Have that sealed off all roof tops and floors above ground level aswell?

I don't know. I see there's a double decker bus at the front of the march with MSM (CNN & FOX) crew on top filming the crowd. That's the highest view I've seen so far. They're on the move so any rooftop shots may only appear on YouTube.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Is anybody else noticing lag on the Ustream? Seems to play for 5-6 seconds, then lag, and repeat. I know it's not my Internet connection.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
Is anybody else noticing lag on the Ustream? Seems to play for 5-6 seconds, then lag, and repeat. I know it's not my Internet connection.

Yeah, I'm checking all the streams and they all seem choppy. Could be the area their in or it could be cause the storms are moving in, I don't know.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
City of Chicago apprentley confirmed up to around 75,000 protesters in the city and/or marching.

Severe thunderstorms could be moving in within an hour or so. At least it will help cool them off. Hope it doesn't damage the Ustreamers camera equipment.

stopmotionsolo 's feed is a little choppy but better than the others.
edit on 5/20/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Intentional or unintentional CO exposure to the march by having the 3 buses in front?

Obviously it's windy there so it may or may not disperse the fumes more.
But if I wanted to subtly tire out the marchers... why not a little carbon monoxide exposure?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
They are playing taps for some reason, anyone know why?

I'm assuming it's for what taps is traditionally used for, respect for fallen troops.

Edit: Nvm I didn't see it was the veterans speaking.

reply to post by MeesterB

Yea MSM is too lazy to walk it out with everyone else, I say they take a route that makes it difficult or impossible for a bus to remain with them.

Or just surround the bus and keep it stationary until it reaches the end of the march... or indefinitely.

On the tube:

My favorite:
Chant: "#'s #ed up, #'s #ed up and bull#"!!!!

Protestors clash with police

On the march

Veterans

RT coverage

There's a paradigm coming through, move out of the way.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evildead
Yeah, these Ustreamers need some Gatoraide to replenish their electrolytes lol It's so hot out there and they haven't had much sleep some of them are starting to sound exhausted, especially codeframesf.

Water won't cut it.

Yes, water will cut it. Good consumer....

Gatorade™ has colorings that turn your intestines blue. The colorings are intellectual property, so we don't need to know what poisons are in there.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann

Originally posted by Evildead

Water won't cut it.

Yes, water will cut it. Good consumer....

Gatorade™ has colorings that turn your intestines blue. The colorings are intellectual property, so we don't need to know what poisons are in there.

lol I'd never drink Gatoraide but they need something to put electrolytes back in their system. Water won't work... plus most water has crap in it that's probably even worse than Gatoraide. They need something besides water, don't know if there's another clean alternative that will put needed electrolytes back in their system. They've been out in 90 degree weather all day and yesterday.

I agree with your post, though.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
god bless america, im so grateful we have such strong minds in california

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Veterans are currently giving back their medals at the march... this is really going to fire up the crowd for the rest of the night.

Thank you vets and thank you for being honorable enough to stand for what you believe in and give up those medals. Amazing...

Listening to these vets giving their speeches, giving up their medals... chills.

stopmotionsolo
edit on 5/20/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra.EXE
god bless america, im so grateful we have such strong minds in california

This is happening in Chicago, Illinois.

Unless you are trying to hint at something else, maybe explain yourself better.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join