It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE Ustreams of NATO Summit Protesters in Chicago!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The NATO summit is where some of the top terrorists and criminals of the world meet, right?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RadioactiveRob

I believe their real name is the fourth reich....

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

Thanks for the links.

They (guys on the occupiedair stream) just said there are a bunch of snow plows they intent to use for crowd control, anyone else catch that? Is that supposed to be safe?
edit on 20-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

I need a word that describes a comedic tragedy cause that's what I see here.

I find it extremely pitiful and yet humorous at the same time how these people are corralled and made to use a designated area for protesting and then them willfully using it.

Rebelling in a designated area is such a tragedy

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

As long as they don't use them to plow through people it should be OK. If they start moving I'd imagine it wouldn't be pretty.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Let's see if tonight the lines of that "designated area" will be tested and breached.

With that being said, you are sitting behind a computer talking about people who go out into the world themselves to fight for a cause, sacrificing their personal freedoms and safety. You call that pitiful... from behind a computer screen. Think about that.

Fact is there just isn't enough people yet to be an overwhelming force. If you look at the protests during the late 60s, the number of people that showed up was phenomenal. Though people didn't one day just pop up and start protesting, there was a momentum. The dissent snowballed and developed into what it was, it had to start somewhere. You can thank MSM censorship for the active attempt at trying to prevent the snowball effect, they've learned; not everyone knows what ustream is.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Co-signed. I tip my hat to these protesters because at least their trying to bring about social awareness, but I agree with you. I remember reading about MLK's bus boycott's and protests that actually disrupted the flow of society and forced people to pay attention and feel their pain. I remember reading about Gandhi's Satyagraha's that brought industries and empires to their knees in awe of these peoples sacrifice. These movements had strongly defined principles and intentions, unlike the ones we are witnessing today which looks like some carnival or halloween party. There has to be a 100 or so movements or protests happening there. Pure chaos, just like the TPTB likes it.

Still, I will watch it though.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nahahh
How come i don't believe NOTHING these people are streaming? How do you know they aren't working with the police? How do you know these people aren't government shills? Do you really believe the government wouldn't take care of the streaming video department? Come on now. How "stupid" do you think TPTB are?

ETA: My gut tells me, whoever is streaming these videos...are COPS! Why is the girl the only one in disguise??? They SMELL LIKE 5-0!

They act like they're so important, that the entire police force is after them? One of their friends was arrested, interrogated, detained for 6 hours, and released? Then, he tells them that they asked him, who is friend was? Come on now. Who's writing this stuff??? Where's the protest???? These people are just driving around. Probably distracting us from the real action. DONT FALL FOR ANY OF THIS PROPAGANDA. NOTHING, these days, CAN BE TRUSTED!!!

These people have exposed themselves, a few times, in the 15 minutes that i've been watching. I'm not biting!!! I feel like i'm watching some kind of Psy-Op.

BTW....why did they bring a girl with them? To make us 'believe' the lie more??? I'm not buying it!!!
edit on 20-5-2012 by nahahh because: (no reason given)

Dude, seriously, you are wrapped way too tight. Chill.

I think they are legit, and are being targeted and harassed. All they are doing is streaming live events, which is neither illegal nor easy to manipulate. If these aren't the real protests, then that means the government built a replica of Chicago and filled it with extras. I can't accept that.

This is real.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I wouldn't say they're sacrificing anything. All their doing is expressing ideas - I can do that from here. Furthermore, I think a lot can be done for the rights of humanity from behind a computer screen. Just look at Anonymous or Wikileaks for example. Ideas incite action.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Interesting...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

They are out there getting arrested voluntarily for civil disobedience. People are being hurt, some people might get gassed tonight, beaten, etc all in the name of an idea, that is personal sacrifice and the civic duty of every American. That's why they say freedom ain't free, you have to fight for it. There will ALWAYS be oppressive forces developing in the world and in our country. Our nation was born to fight these forces, it's time we realized it.

Ideas are good, but it takes real life action to change things. The people have to present a threat in order to be recognized, otherwise we'll all just sit idly in our homes while a creeping authoritarian "idea" takes control of everything we have, including ourselves. It's already doing it, we are already there. Look at the number of prisoners in the US when compared to anywhere else in the world, it's already happened. They take our money and use it to fund a real "pinky and the brain" style take over the world scheme, all the while constricting the freedom and money of average people. We are truly becoming "sheep" who have no say in anything.

"All men are created equal" not "All men in a tax bracket are created equal"

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I agree with all that, but can you tell me what this protest/march is about? I know there is a NATO conference but I am sincerely confused to why all these people are out there right now? I've seen/heard everything from Bradley Manning to NDAA to the FED to the wars to social inequality... I haven't heard anything about NATO. What is the mission?

Thanks.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you. I think that ideas are more important than action because it is the ideas of injustice that inspire change.

Don't get me wrong though - I'm not opposed to them standing in a corral protesting - I just see it as a tragic comedy.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Found a few more Ustreams for the NATO Summit protests:

1. codeframeosf
2. crossxbones
3. therevolutionwillbestreamed

codeframeosf's feed just showed police advancing on protesters in full riot gear. Wearing gas masks...

Veterans will be leading the march.

edit on 5/20/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
No fly zone over Chicago. Authorized choppers and fighter jets excluded. Currently choppers flying over Chicago monitoring the protests. POlice as far as the eye can see lining the streets.

codeframeosf is the current recommended Ustream.

codeframeosf
edit on 5/20/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Everything is owned or entitled now in some way or another, so no matter where you go you are in a corral. You are right just the same as I am, I think it probably takes a combination of ideas and action to change things.

There is a war of ideas and actions going on though. Pardon the mistakes and the lack of artistry, but I just made this up for the hell of it, it would be interesting to make a full chart of events, actions, ideas and influence:

Back on topic, one of the cops just called the MSM the "lame stream media". Win.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The march is starting!

Storms are slowly starting to form to the SW of Chicago and heading NW towards the city. Maybe in a few hours it's going to get wet there.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Originally posted by RSF77
Everything is owned or entitled now in some way or another, so no matter where you go you are in a corral.

I think this is the major problem with our society (everything has already been claimed before we were even born), but I'll leave my thoughts for another thread.

In response to the diagram you drew: Did you consciously have "money is the root of all evil" in mind when you drew that?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I notice every police officer in the world is walking with the protestors. I wonder what kind of chaos is going on outside the downtown area while the police are all wrapped up. I would be watching out for opportunist crimes during the event.
It Seems like an extremely large march going on. I will be paying attention to today's events closely.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Why are 99 percent of Chicago police fat and overweight? I mean, it's kinda startling to see that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join