It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE Ustreams of NATO Summit Protesters in Chicago!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

Yeah, that is what I was just thinking. There are numerous large groups, why don't they unify and move together? That's the trouble I have with these protests, there is seemingly no direction or purpose other than to walk around like herded cows.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Woman run over by police truck, medics tending to her.

Yeah tim talked to someone who said there is a video up on youtube, or will be soon of the incident...

"Occupy the ??" was the youtube channel name... no one could make it out apparently what he said

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
They are now on a bridge over the freeway, lots of cars passing by honking.

A moment of American unity.
edit on 19-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Guy being interviewed by CNN says, "we are protesting the fat cats, the fed, congress, wall street, all of them". This is a NATO protest right?

They always get the idiot on camera.

ETA: Jack from Occupy NYC is the person run over by police van, according to WeAreChange.
edit on 19-5-2012 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Yea they did the same thing earlier with one of the three or so "clownbloc" guys that were there. The MSM obviously swarmed to the most ridiculous looking protestor possible.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Chanting:

"What's the solution"

"Revolution"

"What's the reaction"

"Direct action"

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Two people ran over, Jack from OccupyNYC and rumors that the woman laurern(?) might have died...

(edit)UPDATE: Bad Rumor. They're both together and alive
edit on 19-5-2012 by kingllama because: confirm rumor was false

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingllama
Two people ran over, Jack from OccupyNYC and rumors that the woman laurern might have died...

Uh oh, that can't be good.

Occupy Eye says lots of random police raids across the city.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Forgot to mention they were riot police vans. Keep in mind that it's a rumor right now, although both are confirmed to be in the hospital

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Occupytheroads supposedly is the one with the footage of Jack getting ran over. I think "lauren" was a mistake, it was actually Jack.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kingllama

If someone died then it won't be a rumor for long, as this kind of news will leak through hospital personnel. If this is true then the crowd will take on an entirely new emotional state, as will the defensiveness of the police and other enforcement personnel. Does anyone know the exact situation in which the two people were run over? Were they at fault (running into traffic or police cars, etc) or were they hit when it could have been avoided?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

yeah occupytheroads on ustream...

this is the supposed clip... i cant make out anything... this guys video feed seems to be real bad quality...

link

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Whoever is beating those drums is doing a fine job. Reminds me of marching to cadence and all that in basic training.

reply to post by Aleister

Don't really know yet, other than it appears someone was hit by a truck. People are saying it was a police truck.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Here is a ustream video of the van/protester incident (at about 2-3 minutes in).

Now I'm no protesting expert here, but challenging fearful police in multi-ton vehicles cannot end well. They were pounding on the back of the van at the time it happened.
edit on 19-5-2012 by Sek82 because: error

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It is way more intense in Montreal right now
a new law was passed yesterday
that will make ilegal any protest of more then 25 person
you could be fined between 5 to 10 thousand dollard
and illegal to wear a mask
and you need to call the police to let them know for a protest to be legal and which way it will be heading

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

As far as the woman getting killed, that didn't happen. Somebody spreading rumors. The two are both together though.

Yeah that doesn't show anything substantial unfortunately. I'll keep an eye out. Earlier I found a video of a van that kept pushing a guy a good 20-30ft when he was trying to get out of the way. Definite scare tactics.

Cop Van Pushes Protester in Chicago

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Another Ustream link occupiedair

I believe this guys name is Thorin and he's at the hospital LIVE now. Apparently some protesters injured but they will be OK. No one died.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Yeah, I agree. Plus, that footage looks like it was shot using a wet potato chip.

"Mic Check! Mic Check! Mic Check!" wth is going on?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
Here is a ustream video of the van/protester incident (at about 2-3 minutes in).

Now I'm no protesting expert here, but challenging fearful police in multi-ton vehicles cannot end well. They were pounding on the back of the van at the time it happened.
edit on 19-5-2012 by Sek82 because: error

Man that is pretty crazy!!!

They should never hit the gas with a person infront, no matter WHAT period.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The demonstration is dying down, tune in tomorrow.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join