It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN censors Obama’s live G8 speech

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Maybe it's because even CNN is starting to get tired of Obama.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
it's not censorship. there are under no obligation to show obama's speech.

it's their station, there equipment, their personnel.

if they wanted to, they could show a guy sitting on a chair picking his nose for 24 hrs.

what they do have an obligation is the truth to whatever they are showing.

Actually, media is supposed to be self governed and have integrity. That was the whole thing behind "journalists going to Vietnam and getting killed" and what not. That was the whole thing behind the photo that won a journalist's Pulitzer prize. Journalists are supposed to report the events without bias and usually with some misguided "morals" they pick up from school that tells them to be "neutral" and all that.

But who cares about that stuff...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd
obama said he'd end the afghan war 4 years ago, nothing new here

No, 4 years ago he actually ran on ramping up the Afghan war to try and fix the mistakes that were made in not focusing on it to get into Iraq. He ran on getting out of Iraq, which we have basically done. So he kept both of those campaign promises, though whether ramping up the Afghan War solved anything is another matter.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by IndieA

From what brief details i have from Fox, he was championing the rights of women worldwide. But actually, in my opinion, he was cleverly making a stronger bid to the American female voter for her vote again. In other words, he was making a political speech for the home audience and working with an issue that NATO really, really should not be bothering with at this stage. so CNN perhaps decided to censor his blatant political spiel.

Wrong and misleading. The media wants people distracted by political campaign crap when we should all be
concerned with bigger issues like a government that can't pass a budget and is enslaving it's people through massive debt. Ending the needless Afghanistan war would be one way the US could cut spending and save lives.

But there's too much money at stake for special interest so they don't want to end something that is making them money.
edit on 20-5-2012 by IndieA because: sp

I believe that is exactly what I was saying but he had a zinger for his own purposes included! Get it?
edit on 20-5-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

edit on 20-5-2012 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join