It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN censors Obama’s live G8 speech

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
So CNN broke from their regular broadcast to cover Obama speaking live at the G8.

About 5 to 10 minutes into it, Obama mentions lifting people out of poverty and right after Wolf Blitzer talks over him saying that this is a speech from the G8. So I thought that was kind of a weird conscience but then something much more striking happened.

Obama starts talking about ending the war in Afghanistan then CNN goes black then to commercials. When then returned they started to talk about Romney and didn’t even mention Obama’s speech. I turned to FOX news to see if they had any coverage of the speech but they didn’t.

Wow, I thought, blatant censorship of reality by the media. What a sad state of affairs.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I wish I could post a video. I just thought that I could go back on my DVR live recording the video tape it but I lost the recording when I changed the channel. Sorry guys. Hopefully someone else can back me up or someone will have a video of it.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
that is weird, whats even more blatant evidence of media censorship is how ABC covered the Trayvon-Zimmerman hearing and did not mention on air how THC was found in Trayvon's system, whys that, cause the public would be outraged to find out they've been fooled into thinking that a 14 year old black kid is not capable of doing drugs and attacking people while high

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
it's not censorship. there are under no obligation to show obama's speech.

it's their station, there equipment, their personnel.

if they wanted to, they could show a guy sitting on a chair picking his nose for 24 hrs.

what they do have an obligation is the truth to whatever they are showing.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

You're kidding right? You really believe that? They don't have an obligation to truth in any way shape or form. The ONLY obligations they have are to the contracts they have entered into and their stock holders, seriously.

edit to say: Sorry I hit enter too fast. I do think that it was rude to over speak the President. I feel if you are going to show a live speech you give him and the people watching the respect of showing it without interruption, otherwise don't show it live and edit later.
edit on 19-5-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
it's not censorship. there are under no obligation to show obama's speech.

it's their station, there equipment, their personnel.

if they wanted to, they could show a guy sitting on a chair picking his nose for 24 hrs.

Well then CNN has made it clear they don’t want coverage of anyone including the President talking about ending the war in Afghanistan, at least not today anyway.

Way to defend the media’s right to control our reality though. You do have a point though, and I have a right to point out bad business when it affects the masses.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

good point, so should CNN change their station name to WDHT (we don't have to) ???

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I don't see this as an example of conspiracy so much as yet another exampled of how much CNN sucks. It was once a serious news organization, but now it's shoddily run, has been for at least a decade or more. Wolf Blitzer is the worst. He's not a news man anymore (he once was decent), he's more a "master of ceremonies," spending most of his time saying, "over to you Chuck," or whatever other talking head they have cued up to say inane things that passes for analysis or reportage.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Great. Thanks for giving some producer an idea for a new reality TV show.
I can see it now, some Snooki-lookalike picking her nose for an hour.

The news media aren't obligated to tell the truth though. If they were we might hear more of it from them.
edit on 19-5-2012 by butcherguy because: Spelling

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

Usually people are relaxed on pot. Over half of all teenagers in the USA use marijuana, I guess that makes them thugs.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Seriously, it's the drunks that are violent. When is the last time you read about a crazed pot smoker using a gun in a violent crime?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
People still watch cnn? WOzorz
They're hardcore idiots and trying to incite violence

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Way to derail my thread. Go talk about the Zimmerman case elsewhere.

This thread was meant to inform people that Obama said he wants to end the Afghanistan war and CNN doesn't want you to know that.

edit on 19-5-2012 by IndieA because: sp

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
Way to derail my thread. Go talk about the Zimmerman case elsewhere.

This thread was meant to inform people that Obama said he wants to end the Afghanistan war and CNN doesn't want you to know that.

edit on 19-5-2012 by IndieA because: sp

obama said he'd end the afghan war 4 years ago, nothing new here

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd
that is weird, whats even more blatant evidence of media censorship is how ABC covered the Trayvon-Zimmerman hearing and did not mention on air how THC was found in Trayvon's system, whys that, cause the public would be outraged to find out they've been fooled into thinking that a 14 year old black kid is not capable of doing drugs and attacking people while high

Oh just stop!

For starters he was not high. They found TRACE amounts of THC in his system, which is why he was staying with his father.... he was suspended from school for getting high.

I got news for you... people who smoke weed do not go running around attacking people. They are much more likely to order a pizza, spend hours playing a video game, watching lots of TV... but attacking people? Not likely.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Oh just stop!

For starters he was not high. They found TRACE amounts of THC in his system, which is why he was staying with his father.... he was suspended from school for getting high.

I got news for you... people who smoke weed do not go running around attacking people. They are much more likely to order a pizza, spend hours playing a video game, watching lots of TV... but attacking people? Not likely.

The medialeft out alot of things besides the thc test. It's a circus out there in lala land

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

right, we don't even know what truly happened and won't for a while, but like the OP said, lets not derail his thread , i should've kept the zimmerman-trayvon thing outta this, but as for CNN , yea they're no better than any other media outlet delivering half truths and whole lies. Real media is dead and gone S&F for the OP for bringing light to this though, think i'll go get my news from The Onion instead now
edit on 19-5-2012 by ZeroUnlmtd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

reply to post by HamrHeed

right, we don't even know what truly happened and won't for a while, but like the OP said, lets not derail his thread , i should've kept the zimmerman-trayvon thing outta this, but as for CNN , yea they're no better than any other media outlet delivering half truths and whole lies. Real media is dead and gone S&F for the OP for bringing light to this though, think i'll go get my news from The Onion instead now
edit on 19-5-2012 by ZeroUnlmtd because: (no reason given)

Oh you didn't hear? The Onion is an enigma wrapped in a conspiracy wrapped in an enigma.
Or haggis

On topic- How the hell does cnn survive? I thought they would be toast by now especially after all the racist morons they parade through there.....................................
edit on 19-5-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

From what brief details i have from Fox, he was championing the rights of women worldwide. But actually, in my opinion, he was cleverly making a stronger bid to the American female voter for her vote again. In other words, he was making a political speech for the home audience and working with an issue that NATO really, really should not be bothering with at this stage. so CNN perhaps decided to censor his blatant political spiel.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by IndieA

From what brief details i have from Fox, he was championing the rights of women worldwide. But actually, in my opinion, he was cleverly making a stronger bid to the American female voter for her vote again. In other words, he was making a political speech for the home audience and working with an issue that NATO really, really should not be bothering with at this stage. so CNN perhaps decided to censor his blatant political spiel.

Wrong and misleading. The media wants people distracted by political campaign crap when we should all be
concerned with bigger issues like a government that can't pass a budget and is enslaving it's people through massive debt. Ending the needless Afghanistan war would be one way the US could cut spending and save lives.

But there's too much money at stake for special interest so they don't want to end something that is making them money.
edit on 20-5-2012 by IndieA because: sp

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join