It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a Feeling there will be a 2013.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Last night I was thinking about all this 2012 stuff, and I just really can't see the world just up and ending. Seems ridiculous to me.

One thing I do believe in is that some very big events will be happening this year, but I can still picture the year 2013 in my head. I can see it on a calendar, I can see myself writing a date with the year 2013 at the end, you know?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Of course there will be a 2013... as well as a 2014, 2015...etc. The Mayans never said 2012 was going to be the end of the world... It is the end of their calender... And nothing else.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I absolutley agree. Things do seem to be building to make this an eventful year and I think that the Mayans have nothing to do with it, and if they do then they are misinterpreted, purposefully or on accident, and used to sell fear

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Well, you're quite the optimist.

Of course this whole 2012 stuff is just stupid, and now with that girl killing herself over it maybe a little more restraint could be in order. Let's give 2012 back to the calendar makers and Olympic hopefulls and look forward to a great rest of the decade..

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Hi Solar
WB

I also have a feeling there will be a 2013
the sun will be shining on a brand new world

edit on 5/19/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Exactly, once 2013 actually comes around, maybe people will stop living in fear and actually enjoy life.

I can't wait for this year to be over so everyone can move on already.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I cant wait for the 21 december of 2012

Light will be shining where darkness was

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Let's see, with more then 6 BILLION people on the earth,statisically your going to have higher levels of death from mother nature.Earthquakes,Fires,Wars, you know, the usual death suspects.

More people equal more destruction of life in larger volumes at once.

Are we having catastophic calamaties every 3600 or 12,000 years and 2012 hits the cycles?
Mayyyybe.

Are we due for some solar flares that may knock off ATS and the power grid for a bit?
Mayyyybe.

Is earth going to be rid of most humans again and we start over again with the "special people,who knew of the coming destruction and went underground?" I personaly doubt it.

I for one ain't quitting my day job.

Bugout Bag? I already moved to the hills.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
I can't wait for the 21 december of 2012

Do you know what happens 23 December of 2012? Festivus!!!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
You are right, Remember that there have been many times throughout history when people thought the "end of the world" was nigh. Many myths about the end of the world precede the 2012 myth. There was July 1999 In Quatrain X-72 of Nostradamus; January 1st, 2000 (Y2K); June 6th, 2006 (supposed 6000 years A.D., also 6/6/06, the devil's birthday in some religions); any October 31st, and September 9, 2009 (999, again, a reference to the devil's day) and also May 21 2010. There have been prophesies of worldly doom associated with the appearance of comets, the eruptions of volcanoes and the alignment of celestial bodies. There have been many predictions of the world being doomed according to gurus, prophets and know-it-alls, many seeking fame or recognition, some suffering from delusions and others just misinterpreted. It would take a long time to name them all. All of them have reasons, but no facts to back them up.

Look back at all the other prophecies of doom and see where they went and what happened to the people promoting these predictions. Not one of the prior soothsayers has successfully predicted the end of the world,

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The human mind loves patterns; there are sound, biological reasons for our pattern recognition inner software that aided our survival throughout history. However, when this goes into overdrive, it also causes us to assume things that are actually not of significance but are easily the stuff of paranoia and imagining. One of the things you might read includes the "significance" attributed to the date 12-21-2012 (or 21-12-2012) by numerologists. All those twos and ones seem to form a pattern but they don't - since the solstice is always on 12-21 every year and since we've already had other candidate years such as 2001 and 2002, there is nothing special about the 2012 date.

Equally filled with drama but no substance are any claims about planetary alignment and a dark rift. Any planetary alignment is fascinating for us but without impact. Any gravitational effect from any solar system object other than our Moon is negligible due to the great distances involved. As for the concept of a "dark rift" in our Milky Way on 21 December 2012, in which our Sun is supposed to combine its gravity with the black hole (Sagittarius A*) at the center of our galaxy, there is no substance to this fantastical theory. There is no rift––it is dust and gas covering up stars located in the bulge in the center of our universe. Second, the Mayans didn't know of any black hole––this is thanks to astronomers discovering it, so predicting something about an entity of which they knew nothing at all seems very far-fetched. Third, the Sun is always aligned in the Milky Way. The Earth moves, and has been in that one alignment many hundred times. Finally but most tellingly, given that we're 24,000 light years away from this black hole, it's impact on us is negligible. Put it this way––our Sun has a gravitational pull on Earth that is 2 million times greater than that of our galaxy's black hole but we're still here.[3]
Another claim to be skeptical about is anyone claiming that the winter solstice is the special reason behind 2012 doom scenarios. The evident reason is this––while 21-21-2012 is the winter solstice in the northern hemisphere, it's the summer solstice in the southern hemisphere. And last time anyone checked, the oblate spheroid that we know as our Earth consists of both hemispheres.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
In a nutshell, the Classic Maya civilization thrived between 300 to 900 CE (AD). Highly advanced for its time, Mayan culture showed good understanding in such fields as mathematics, medicine and astronomy. The Mayan calendar was a complicated affair; indeed, it was a "system" rather than a single calendar as we understand a calendar to be today. It consisted of three calendars used simultaneously, showing different cycles (yearly, 50 yearly and long term). One of these calendars was known as the "Long Count", noting each day from a base date of 3114 BCE (BC). It is this calendar that some Mayan scholars believe is due to come to completion on the solstice of December 21, 2012. However, even here there is disagreement, with other scholars calculating different end dates, such as 4772.

We are upon the end of the fourth Great Cycle of a Long Count calendar. We've survived three other ones! All Mayan calendars would tell of a date when there would be a dramatic end, but the interpretation was that this was always a beginning to a new cycle or a "new age". Seen in this light, the ending of a calendar is a positive sign, not a negative one.
Uncertainty is rife in interpretation of Mayan hieroglyphics due to the fact that they were no longer used after the Spanish conquistadors arrived in the 1500s. As such, clarification of exact meaning is difficult and subjective.
Most scholars believe that Mayan calendars were focused on keeping a track of time rather than predicting the future.
Just because there is nothing past the 2012 date on the "Long Count" calendar doesn't mean there will be the end of time. It is the only Mayan calendar of which we know that ends after the fall of their civilization. Had they continued to thrive as a civilization, chances are that they would have continued to keep making the calendars well into the unforeseeable future. But the charlatans will twist the truth still whats next 2013 etc.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
reply to post by Ben81

Exactly, once 2013 actually comes around, maybe people will stop living in fear and actually enjoy life.

Of course, there will be another Harold Camping to predict the end of the world. And, the galactic federation will channel some new mumbo jumbo.....Always a buck to be made off the gullible I guess. It's when damaged people buy into these frauds, and kill themselves, or others...that's when the magnitude of the power of words hits us in the face.

I look forward to 2013. Hopefully is will be a lot less crazy than this year.

Des

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
What makes me laugh is, If the Mayan civilization had prophesied an end of the world in 2012, its reliability has to be doubted given that they didn't manage to prophesy the demise of their own civilization.

peace to everyone and op i star and flagged you because i am sick of hearing woohh the end of the world is nigh from some of the people on here who buy into the charlatans end of the world hoaxes.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

No one said the world would end. misconception. Occult illuminati power structure will be destroyed though

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

Originally posted by Ben81
I can't wait for the 21 december of 2012

Do you know what happens 23 December of 2012? Festivus!!!

Yeah i know, .... waking up with two naked blondes

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
reply to post by Ben81

Of course, there will be another Harold Camping to predict the end of the world. And, the galactic federation will channel some new mumbo jumbo.....Always a buck to be made off the gullible I guess. It's when damaged people buy into these frauds, and kill themselves, or others...that's when the magnitude of the power of words hits us in the face.

I look forward to 2013. Hopefully is will be a lot less crazy than this year.

Des

Yes' you are right as the charlatans must have made millions with selling orgone rods to the public.
Come buy your orgone rods get them while they are hot only 200$ guranteed to bring down alien gray mother ships, come my sheeple buy my rods give me your money coz i wants it .

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I find it is best to prepare for tomorrow but don't focus your life around preparing for it. Live today to the fullest and don't worry if 2013 will come around.
Other animals don't do like we do. They don't threat tomorrow. They are totally in the moment and it's never failed them.

The best thing you can do is be here now.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Yes, we are living in strange times, but I'm certain there will be a 2013. Are there big things happening this year? Clearly...Like I always say, the "end" is not going to be what most expect.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 001ggg100

People transpose "The end of the age" with "The end of the world." They did it with the bible as well.
edit on 19-5-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join