It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pi, Golden Ratio and Speed of Light encoded into Great Pyramid

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Wow, pyramidiots, futile research, ignoring proof, they even downtalk Petri...wtf? Really?
It seems that rather than me, and all other that dont believe in the current simplified explanations not wantin to accept the truth, its yours and the rest of mainstream that really try too hard to discredit anyone/anything not fittin your view, when its totally obvious that theres loads of data that points to difficult to reach conclsions that are far from reached.
As for as Revelations of tne pyramids, i agree it gets to a ridicolous concusion, but overall rises to some key points and undeniable facts, that are on the countrary totally denied/ignored.
And Schoch? Funny how when it fits the bill a geologist aint the right person for geology, kinda fits your view that engineers shouldnt study the ''engineering anomalies'' if they dont fit the AE mainstream view...
But really, i dont even know why i bother since its a one way argument.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bon3z
Wow, pyramidiots, futile research, ignoring proof, they even downtalk Petri...wtf? Really?

Yep Petrie was wrong about a number of things but it was early on in Egyptology

It seems that rather than me, and all other that dont believe in the current simplified explanations not wantin to accept the truth, its yours and the rest of mainstream that really try too hard to discredit anyone/anything not fittin your view, when its totally obvious that theres loads of data that points to difficult to reach conclsions that are far from reached.

Mainsteam does virtually nothing to 'discredit' fringe theories, the vast majority of scientists have never even heard of them (the details). However others do work to clear the air of nonsense and misinformation - like old stuff like, centre of the earth - which you didn't comment on.

So what is all this 'data' you are referring too?

As for as Revelations of tne pyramids, i agree it gets to a ridicolous concusion, but overall rises to some key points and undeniable facts, that are on the countrary totally denied/ignored.

Such as?

And Schoch? Funny how when it fits the bill a geologist aint the right person for geology, kinda fits your view that engineers shouldnt study the ''engineering anomalies'' if they dont fit the AE mainstream view...
But really, i dont even know why i bother since its a one way argument.

No idea what you are saying, Schoch gave his opinion, others disagreed with him and his career has not been destroyed contrary to fringe belief....so what is the problem

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'd like to point out that the equation above, based on the orbits of the moon, produces a value which is closer to the best experimental number for the speed of light than the SI value which we all quote as the speed of light value. The SI value of 299 792 458 m / s is rounded up to a whole number.

As far as I can see, the best experimental figure comes from Evanson in 1973 using lasers. The value they gave was 2.997924574 x 10^8 m/s (with uncertainty)
Source:
math.ucr.edu...

The equation (based on whole number constants applied to moon orbit data) (1.2x10^13 * (45/44) * ((e^(1+pi)) (pi^(-1-e))) * ((2 * golden angle) - (100/41)) ) / 86164 = 2.997924574 × 10^8

That is exactly the same as the best experimental value.

edit on 7-8-2013 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

The Great Pyramid is known to be built at the centre of all the earth's land mass. So if the Nazca lines and the Great Sun Pyramid is 7,669 miles in distance - I wonder if there are any other anomalies we can find that are either the same or relatively close.

I am off to fire up G-earth to have a look. This should be interesting and Thanks!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by miner49r
reply to post by murkraz

The Great Pyramid is known to be built at the centre of all the earth's land mass.

Actually it isn't it's simply a made up story

The centre of mass

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

You can also find that the speed in light in meters expressed as a latitude of course,(299792.458km/s) also passes though the pyramid and 10,000 of thousands of other things, old thing too and that latitude is repeated twice in circling the world once above and below the equator.....

Can you name some of the other old thing that appear on the latitude? I spent a long few hours scrolling around google earth trying to find anything else interesting on that latitude and didn't see anything.

But it is easy to miss even huge things on sat photos - the pyramids themselves aren't too easy to find on satellite without knowing exactly where they are.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by yampa

Can you name some of the other old thing that appear on the latitude? I spent a long few hours scrolling around google earth trying to find anything else interesting on that latitude and didn't see anything.

But it is easy to miss even huge things on sat photos - the pyramids themselves aren't too easy to find on satellite without knowing exactly where they are.

Sure it runs through a half dozen tombs in the west field mastabas just to the west of the Khufu tomb.

Now to more serious matter how do you account for the AE knowing to put that pyramid there?

So how did they know 4.500 years ago that some Frenchmen would create the metric system? How did they know that a 'minute' would be divided in to sixty seconds by an Arab dude (al-Biruni) a thousand years ago used seconds for the first time and how did the AE also know that the committee that decided on the present mechanism of latitudes and longitudes would decide?

Longitude is given as an angular measurement ranging from 0° at the Prime Meridian to +180° eastward and −180° westward other methods were proposed but rejected how did the AE know that one and not one based on 100 equal parts would not be used

lol
edit on 7/8/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Sure it runs through a half dozen tombs in the west field mastabas just to the west of the Khufu tomb.

Now to more serious matter how do you account for the AE knowing to put that pyramid there?

So how did they know 4.500 years ago that some Frenchmen would create the metric system? How did they know that a 'minute' would be divided in to sixty seconds by an Arab dude (al-Biruni) a thousand years ago used seconds for the first time and how did the AE also know that the committee that decided on the present mechanism of latitudes and longitudes would decide?

Longitude is given as an angular measurement ranging from 0° at the Prime Meridian to +180° eastward and −180° westward other methods were proposed but rejected how did the AE know that one and not one based on 100 equal parts would not be used

Hm, a graveyard next to the pyramids is not really what I meant. I went around the world on that latitude, looking for points of interest and didn't see anything.

The Sumerians were using sexegesimal divisions of time and angle over 5000 years ago. It is a natural system to use because of the easy number factorisation. Mathematically, it is easier to do operations on equilateral angles than those based on, say, decimal divisions of the circle.

For example, using a compass and straight edge, I can easily draw you a 6 degree angle, but it is proven impossible to construct a 5 or 10 degree angle with a compass and straight edge (it requires a cubic equation).

I haven't yet seen any reason to believe the longitude of the pyramid is significant. But as for the latitude -

The french metric metre was an attempt to produce a length based on 'one ten-millionth of the length of the Earth's meridian along a quadrant', so that too is based on a natural constant. The initial french measurement had error, but that length has been modified consistently over the last 300 years. It is now based on the path travelled by physical photon particles synchronised against atomic oscillations, and those oscillations are still counted using base 60/sexagesimal angular units (seconds).

I have just shown how you can plug numbers from lunar observations into a fairly simple equation to get the same meters per second number as used in the current SI meter (mine is more accurate than the SI unit, according to Evanson's lasers(1973)). So maybe they knew how this equation really works and knew how to define the meter based on that? I have a strong feeling that the meter is more mathematically based than you might believe.

We don't even need to be too accurate with the speed of light number - we only need 29.9792° - six figures, in order to land on the great pyramid. Scott Creighton has also shown how a rod very close to the meter can be produced via seconds pendulums and solar observations. There are a lot of possibilities for ancient acquisition of the meter here. And then there are all the other unit conversion possibilities. Many have written about the cubit itself being based on the speed of light.

We also have to consider what is happening when you plug a number into the current GPS system. That is, in order to divide the earth into common measures, you have to define a reference ellipsoid. The current reference for the GPS oblate spheroid is WGS84 (World Geodetic System, 1984). Choosing a canonical reference ellipse means there is a possibility of picking the same reference used by the ancients. There is a great book by mathematician Stephen Brabin where he proposes that a large part of the design of the pyramid is based on defining a reference ellipsoid for the earth. He goes into great depth to calculate this and also talks about the cubit being based on the speed of light.

Lot of real possibilities based on real data here.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

What were you looking for and why didn’t you look along the other southern 29 line? I’m sure we could find a tomb somewhere on those two lines – just like there are tombs just to west of Khufu’s tomb.

Please show that the Sumerians divided time in the matter you suppose.

Yes and there are scores of other possibilities too like the English method using miles and inches. The Chinese system, Indian system, Islamic how did they know those wouldn't be used? How did they also know that of all the systems in use during human history that particular one with that particular characteristic would be picked?

You also didn’t explain how the AE would have known that a 180 degree system would be used instead of 100 or a 180 with the equator as 90 – instead of 0. Care to explain how they knew all of that would occur at x point in history?

Thanks

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I was looking for ancient megaliths or alike. You are proposing that on any given latitude, you will find interesting things. I didn't find any (to my disappointment) so if you have any other sites on the same latitude as the speed of light which aren't directly associated to the giza culture, please do inform me, as that might support my case. I looked on the southern hemisphere too - surely there must be something?

I'm not making it up that the Sumerians used sexagesimal, surely you can look that up yourself? Lots of info out there about this.

"The Schoyen Collection contain the earliest examples from Sumer and Babylon where mathematics was invented’ including details about MS 3047, which is a multiplication table for numbers in the Sumerian base 60 system – considered to be the oldest known evidence of mathematics (from the 27th century BCE)."

What name you give to your degrees is not really important, what is important is the proportional relationships between the angles. Proportions of circles based on 60 minutes/ 24 hours etc are easier to construct than decimal divisions. That is a mathematical fact. You pick these proportions because they are natural constants. Ancient peoples picked numerically efficient proportional relationships to calculate from, just as sensible modern scientists do. Explain why modern scientists are still using a 5000 year old division of the circle if this is not the case?

The Chinese system, Indian system, Islamic or whatever culture system can still only pick from the natural divisions and proportions of numbers - no culture has ever invented something new in mathematics. It is only ever about rediscovering what is latent in the natural structure of numbers.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Once people discovered that a year is 365 days - an extremely ancient early paleolithic (at the latest) discovery, it's a simple step to just use 360 days with five days leftover for festivals and whatnot.

I submit that it is the 360 day "year" that leads to the sexagesimal system through the creation of the twelve subdivisions (months) which is an approximation of the number of moons in a year.

It has already been explained in this thread where the 24 hour day arose - it was Egypt, not Mesopotamia, and the hours were variable, not all the same length.

Harte
edit on 8/8/2013 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

You didn't provide anything that showed the Sumerian invented minutes and seconds, so it goes back to my original question.

So in a system that divided the earth by 100's where would 29 be? Near Giza? Nope. Where would a system that divided the world's L & L by 360 instead of 180 - where would 29 be? Near Giza? Nope. They could have also divided the world in 12's, 20's or 60's or any other number they liked - so again how did the AE know that would happen?

Again how did they know that just a thousand years ago a guy would think up a sixty second minute?

Why is it 29 for one L and not the other - I might be more impressed if it were at 29 x 29 - wouldn't you? Why didn't they do that?

Again how did they know that that precise measurement for the metric system would be made in that exact way?

Oh my you are backpeddling and adding restrictions, its now has to be a megalith (why?) and non Egyptian - (why?), does it have to be older or younger? Does it have to be built of limestone?

So what effect has continent drift and precession have on your theory - when do you think the AE spent years building the pyramdi to 'encode the metric value of light speed using three systems that didn't exist back then'. Just wondering, a date would be very helpful

Please explain

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

reply to post by yampa

You didn't provide anything that showed the Sumerian invented minutes and seconds, so it goes back to my original question.

People did not invent the fact that base 60 is a uniquely useful division of periodicity - you don't seem to understand that? People *gain* from dividing our circle/time in this way. We gain because it is more efficient to calculate this way. This is the same reason we still use seconds and 360 degree circles in science. It is not an arbitrary convention.

www.webexhibits.org...
"Five thousand years ago, Sumerians had a calendar that divided the year into 30-day months, divided the day into 12 periods (each corresponding to 2 of our hours), and divided these periods into 30 parts (each like 4 of our minutes)."

en.wikipedia.org...
"They also used a sexagesimal (base 60) place-value number system, which simplified the task of recording very great and very small numbers. The modern practice of dividing a circle into 360 degrees, of 60 minutes each hour, began with the Sumerians."

www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk...
"The Babylonians divided the day into 24 hours, each hour into 60 minutes, each minute into 60 seconds. This form of counting has survived for 4000 years. To write 5h 25' 30", i.e. 5 hours, 25 minutes, 30 seconds, is just to write the sexagesimal fraction, 5 25/60 30/3600. We adopt the notation 5; 25, 30 for this sexagesimal number, for more details regarding this notation see our article on Babylonian numerals. As a base 10 fraction the sexagesimal number 5; 25, 30 is 5 4/10 2/100 5/1000 which is written as 5.425 in decimal notation."

en.wikipedia.org...

"In the Archaic System time notation was written in the U4 System U. Multiple lunisolar calendars existed; however the civil calendar from the holy city of Nippur (Ur III period) was adopted by Babylon as their civil calendar.[6] The calendar of Nippur dates to 3500 BCE and was itself based on older astronomical knowledge of an uncertain origin. The main astronomical cycles used to construct the calendar were the synodic month, equinox year, and sideral day."

"Although not directly derived from it, there is a 1:2 proportional relationship between SI and Sumerian metrology. SI inherited the convention of the second as 1/86,400th of a solar day from Sumer thus, two Sumerian seconds are approximately one SI second.[8]"

I'd rather not spend any more time googling on your behalf, you could have easily answered those questions yourself and could have moved to a more productive objection.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

It has already been explained in this thread where the 24 hour day arose - it was Egypt, not Mesopotamia, and the hours were variable, not all the same length.

Harte
edit on 8/8/2013 by Harte because: (no reason given)

Explained by who? I already showed a bunch of links proving that the Sumerians were using 86400 seconds a day - why did you choose to ignore those?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by yampa

Well thank you for researching that - the Sumerians and Babylonian did invent a mathematical second but I wonder how they recorded it?

In yours hours of 'searching' the 29 lines did you happen to come across a place called Persepolis? You might find it of interest and I was wondering why you rejected it?

I also wanted to ask where you came up with the idea that the pyramid was a megalith? Since the pyramid isn't a megalith why do other structure have to be a megalth to 'count'?

Just wondering and I'd appreciate your answering the other objections and showing that the AE used seconds.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

reply to post by yampa

Well thank you for researching that - the Sumerians and Babylonian did invent a mathematical second but I wonder how they recorded it?

In yours hours of 'searching' the 29 lines did you happen to come across a place called Persepolis? You might find it of interest and I was wondering why you rejected it?

I also wanted to ask where you came up with the idea that the pyramid was a megalith? Since the pyramid isn't a megalith why do other structure have to be a megalth to 'count'?

Just wondering and I'd appreciate your answering the other objections and showing that the AE used seconds.

You can count time with a pendulum. A pendulum with a rod of 99% of the length of a meter will swing 86400 times day. That was the case with the Sumerians, the Egyptians and us today.

Sarcasm and semantics does not a good discussion make.

360 degree circle = 4 quadrants of 90 degrees - right?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The Great Pyramid is the most remarkable building in existence on the face of our planet today. It was built with such precision that our current technology cannot replicate it. This pyramid is so precisely constructed that until recently (with the advent of laser measuring equipment) scientists were not able to discover some of its subtle symmetries (not to mention duplicate them). Among other aspects, there are also very exact geometric relationships between all the structures in the pyramid complex at Giza.

www.timstouse.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by yampa

I would agree with this line of thought.
All evidence suggests that humans 10,000 years ago probably had the same core mental abilities as people do today.

If you were to take a bow hunter today and put him up against a bow hunter from 10,000 years ago in a forest with the same bow, who would be the most proficient hunter? The guy who does it as a hobby in between work and twitter from 2013 or the guy who does it to survive?

It's like the going to the Moon thing....people might look back in 10,000 years and say people didnt have the knowledge to go to the moon in the 60's as there is no widescale evidence of this occurring afterwards.

Same thing with the pyramids...probably a collection of the best stone masons and architechts in the known world presiding over things that are pretty much unmatched in human history.

Just because something appears extraordinarily difficult or impossible to the layman in 2013 doesnt mean some other human couldnt conceive and and deliver it before that date.
edit on 9-8-2013 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Good spot dude! Persepolis is really close to that latitude. I should do a more detailed survey of Iran, it's so easy to miss stuff with just one extra level of zoom.

I've been looking for a way to put a band of the same width as the pyramids all the way around the earth on google maps/earth, not found an easy way yet.

So looking around Persepolis, we find the ancient city of Estakhr on the same latitude as the great pyramid.
en.wikipedia.org...

Not saying that proves anything.
edit on 9-8-2013 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Explained by who?

By me.

I already showed a bunch of links proving that the Sumerians were using 86400 seconds a day - why did you choose to ignore those?

One link to wiki, which you misread, is not "a bunch of links."

Your wiki link states that the sexagesimal system was invented in Sumer. It says nothing about the Sumerians using it invent the concept of standard hours, minutes or seconds.

With hours not being the same length (daylight had 12, and night had 12,) your claims simply make no sense at all, and therefore can be ignored without any loss of information.

The earliest indications we have of any culture subdividing days into hours indicates the Egyptians were the first to do this. And, again, the hours were not constant and did not measure the same amount of time even day to day, much less week to week or month to month.

All of this can be easily verified at another wiki page here.

Harte

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join