It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantic Tropical Weather Outlook - Tropical Storm Alberto Forms off South Carolina

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Navy/NRL Weather Page

Track updated

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
regarding tropical storms being nothing to worry about..... i lived in houston when tropical storm allison went through. it stalled out and dumped 22" of rain in one spot and killed quite a few people. DOWNTOWN was so severely flooded it was insane. people died when they got of work and got on the elevator to go to the parking garage unaware that the parking garages were all under water.

imagine taking an elevator down to your car and the doors open underwater.

that was one messed up tropical storm. not a bit of wind.... just non stop hard rain for an entire day.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ragiusnotiel

Somebody needs to tell that thing that Hurricane season doesn't start for another 2 weeks!

It is odd to start in that location this early in the year. We've had an unusually hot spring season though, so the ocean temps are surely higher than normal. The South needs the rain, so this storm is actually a good thing.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

This kind of weather development isn't unheard of

On the contrary...

A first in recorded history, 2 named tropical storms on E & W coast before season officially starts

Indeed, tropical storms aren't unheard of, but their timing in this case has set a record.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yea, I checked the coastal water temperatures, and the general area it's in is coming up between 74 degrees and 79 degrees.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Something that was in the back of my mind,and I found it!

Nice little toy to play with.

oiswww.eumetsat.org...

I can explain it to you after you look at it.
edit on 19-5-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

Winds down - pressure up a bit

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ragiusnotiel

This will affect the weather all along the northeast US and Mid Atlantic US Coastline and 1000 miles inland from the Atlantic Ocean. The Ocean below and off Myrtle Beach is 80 degrees F due to more photons in interplanetary Space reaching the earth-heating up the Atlantic Ocean. Apparently the Gulf Stream has dissappeared and the hot stagnant area is a perfect breeding ground for hurracaines. Thew Space between the earth and the sun is brighter and therefore hotter due to the contents of the new interstellar bubble leaking into interplanetary Space.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

While tropical storms can be very damaging, this particular system is not as strong as others have been. It's also relatively contained to a smaller area than we would normally consider devastating. This system is nothing to be concerned about, like I said earlier though; let it serve as a reminder to be prepared for the ones that are a threat!

reply to post by UberL33t

We were referring to the location in that post. But yes, the timing is a bit early. It makes me wonder what the rest of the season may be like.

reply to post by siluriancryptic

What? There's no evidence that Interstellar space bubbles have breached anything, and I definitely haven't heard of them making the space between us and the sun any brighter! On top of that I'm not really sure how those have effected ocean temperatures off the coast of Myrtle Beach.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What is both interesting and alarming, is that tropical depressions just about never begin developing this far north, and in the gulf stream for that matter. It says to me that the gulf stream is warmer than usual for this time in the year, which needs some numbers to back up, and I will post em if I get em.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

I apologize for the big picture,here is the latest sea temps.
It's a little warmer then usual.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by charlyv

I apologize for the big picture,here is the latest sea temps.
It's a little warmer then usual.

Great data, and seems to be the culprit.
It could be a wild hurricane season this year if this anomaly persists.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join