It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can one live on 2000.00 (US) a month?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn
I think if all my expenses were gone like cars, internet, mortgage, all the trappings that make us "modern" participants in the world, I'd be fine. COuld I just use this moony to travel around the world.
edit on 19-5-2012 by wrkn4livn because: Didn't never put anything in the post

Unless you plan on teleportation, I don't know how you're going to 'travel the world' on 2000.00 per month.

You gonna walk/hitch hike (might be difficult crossing the ocean but...)?
You have a car? Gas...insurance?
You have a sleeping bag? Hotel?

Lot of variables excluded from scenario.

How old are you?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Two grand a year, sheeeeeet. Find source of water, get bicycle and tent, stock up on oatmeal.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaVice
Two grand a year, sheeeeeet. Find source of water, get bicycle and tent, stock up on oatmeal.

One of my cousins is a vietnam vet.. came back with a load of money after he was discharged and we saw him onlu once a year at family reunions or if there was a funeral. He and I were pretty close and he gave me some sage advise upon my college graduation " take 1000 bucks and a bag of smoke, get a greyhound bus ticket and see the country". And here I thought he had allergies!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Definitely great advice. I think greyhound still has a deal where you can purchase a 30 or 60 day ticket.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

I have lived on a lot less that that. Not recently, however. Right now I pay $900 a month to live in a house and have a few comforts. But, like most everyone else, We are just one paycheck away from starving, or robbing.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I live on less now, not saying it's good living, but I'm happy. There are people who live on almost nothing and are the happiest people.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

I agree with Katharos, I am already living on around $700 a month, and doing fine. Although I don't desire material things, either. I am going to be moving soon, and my expenses will be something like the following:

Rent / Internet / Utilities: $300
Gas: $100
Food: $200

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

You could do it. Especially in a lot of countries that the dollar value goes a long way. Like 2nd and 3rd world places, and india, indonesia, asia, central and south america.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join