It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Are LOADS Of Jobs Out There, But People Don't Want To Work!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wall Street built nothing, they were low life scum bags and parasites from the beginning, and the sooner we get rid of this scum, the better off the U.S. will be. Starting with Rockefeller and JP Morgan, one successful crook after another. Most of their wealth came from government welfare in the beginning.

You post pure ignorance.

edit on 19-5-2012 by poet1b because: add "with"

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

SCABS.

That say's it all, doesn't it? What is a SCAB?

4. Slang A person regarded as contemptible. 5. a. A worker who refuses membership in a labor union. b. An employee who works while others are on strike; a strikebreaker. c. A person hired to replace a striking worker.

A contemptible person who shows the audacity to break out on his own and make his own way without any allegiance to labor unions. This is what you mean, isn't it?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

SCABS.

That say's it all, doesn't it? What is a SCAB?

4. Slang A person regarded as contemptible. 5. a. A worker who refuses membership in a labor union. b. An employee who works while others are on strike; a strikebreaker. c. A person hired to replace a striking worker.

A contemptible person who shows the audacity to break out on his own and make his own way without any allegiance to labor unions. This is what you mean, isn't it?

Nope. I mean they are people who work under the table, who cross picket lines, who work for pennies on the dollar because they do not have the same training or backing as reputable workers.

But lets stop here for a second-are you asserting that it is better to have an untrained workforce out there working electrician or plumbing jobs?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
So only people who are part of a union are reputable workers? Do they have any certificates or papers to show that they are workers who are part of a union in order to be reputable workers?

Edit:

Furthermore, why is it that only members of a union can be reputable workers if the non-union member has the exact same skill qualifications as the union worker?

Why does it take the belonging to a special group to be considered a reputable worker while a person who has the exact same education and skills is not considered to be one?
edit on 19-5-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by avatar01

you could be the next Mark Zuckerberg.

Yeah, if you are born into an upward middle class family who can hire you a tutor to learn programming as a young man, and send you to Harvard.

link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
So only people who are part of a union are reputable workers? Do they have any certificates or papers to show that they are workers who are part of a union in order to be reputable workers?

Wanna show me where I said anything even remotely close to this?

link   
Ether pledge alliegence to the union

or

Be independant.

Hmmmm. . . . . . . .

link   

Dear Lord! If you cannot be honest with yourself, you sure as hell are not going to be honest with the rest of us. All you did is rephrase the definition supplied. Yes you do mean someone who won't play by labor union rules. That is precisely what you mean.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Dear Lord! If you cannot be honest with yourself, you sure as hell are not going to be honest with the rest of us. All you did is rephrase the definition supplied. Yes you do mean someone who won't play by labor union rules. That is precisely what you mean.

No, that is what you want me to mean.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

For a plumber specifically I have no examples

Then the whole point of your op has been proven to be completely false.

If you believe so you have not read my OP or my replies

I hire contractors all the time as part of my job, and there is no shortage.

For a plumber specifically I have no examples

Would you be willing to set up my IT department for $20 an hour?

Currently no because of experience
But if I started out I would do it for less an hour

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Would you let a surgeon operate on you if that person had no certification?

If not, then you are just being a hypocrite.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Edit:

Furthermore, why is it that only members of a union can be reputable workers if the non-union member has the exact same skill qualifications as the union worker?

Why does it take the belonging to a special group to be considered a reputable worker while a person who has the exact same education and skills is not considered to be one?

It should be noted that the only person bringing up unions is YOU.

link   

Here you go:

Nope. I mean they are people who work under the table, who cross picket lines, who work for pennies on the dollar because they do not have the same training or backing as reputable workers. But lets stop here for a second-are you asserting that it is better to have an untrained workforce out there working electrician or plumbing jobs?

When you read between the lines that is precisely how you sounded and came across. If not then you should clarify yourself.

link   
reply to post by poet1b

I would hire an independant before I hired a union worker.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Here you go:

Nope. I mean they are people who work under the table, who cross picket lines, who work for pennies on the dollar because they do not have the same training or backing as reputable workers. But lets stop here for a second-are you asserting that it is better to have an untrained workforce out there working electrician or plumbing jobs?

When you read between the lines that is precisely how you sounded and came across. If not then you should clarify yourself.

You see mention of the word "union" somewhere in that post?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Actually the previous guy you responded to brought the question up.

I was just asking pertinent questions.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

To be honest, the OP certainly was a little smug right off the bat.

The days of walking into a company with your resume and high hopes are over. Unless you know how to brown-nose with the best of the best, you are toast.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I don't think OP understands, well, much.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Would you let a surgeon operate on you if that person had no certification?

If not, then you are just being a hypocrite.

Doctors are the third leading cause of death in America!

A recent study published in The Journal of The American Medical Association (2000:284:94) by Barbara Starfield, MD, MPH, showed that in the U.S. there are:

· 12,000 deaths/year from unnecessary surgery
· 7,000 deaths/year from medication errors in hospitals
· 20,000 deaths/year from other errors in hospitals
· 80,000 deaths/year from nosocomial infections in hospitals
· 106,000 deaths/year from adverse effects of medications

This totals 225,000 deaths per year from iatrogenic causes, placing iatrogeny as the third leading cause of death in the U.S., second only to heart disease and cancer. The scary part is that this does not include disabilities and disorders; just deaths in hospitalized patients. In any event, when one ponders that more than four times as many people die in one year from doctors' mistakes than died in the entire Vietnam War, one is aghast at why this information isn't making headlines or why huge think tanks funded by medicopolitical interests haven't formed.

Those would be certified doctors doing all that damage. Hell your safer from licensed drivers than you are from licensed doctors...which is not to say you are safe from licensed drivers.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Wifey is salaried at a pharmacy.

But the hourly workers are union.

The union takes a huge chuck of their pay as dues.

If they had a choice, almost certainly they would not join.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join