It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Are LOADS Of Jobs Out There, But People Don't Want To Work!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
anecdotal evidence ?

what a joke

so tell me, is it the italian plumbers and mexican landscapers that are lazy ?

booooooooooooooooooooooo

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by beezzer

And that is why corporations these days act the way they do, with no sense of responsibility, because they know that as long as they keep getting free market politicians into office, they will be able to collect their corporate welfare check.

Well, you're part right. If corporations get bailed out (Too Big To Fail) then they'll never change their way either.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I wouldn't have expected this much opposition to this thread
I am very much surprised

really????

Being responsible is a fringe topic?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Im still waiting for you to answer my question. Where is the logic?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I wouldn't have expected this much opposition to this thread
I am very much surprised

really????

Being responsible is a fringe topic?

Yup! Personal responsibility is kin to saying "ribeye" at a PETA meeting.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Corporations are the biggest welfare queens of all. Even without the bailouts, they are constantly receiving money from the fed gov. From pork barrel projects, to low interest loans, to big military contracts, to free harvesting of public assets, giant corporations rake in trillions these days.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

I answered your questions

Please let me know if there's anything I missed
if so I apologize

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Corporations are the biggest welfare queens of all. Even without the bailouts, they are constantly receiving money from the fed gov. From pork barrel projects, to low interest loans, to big military contracts, to free harvesting of public assets, giant corporations rake in trillions these days.

Well, um,. . . . . okay. Can't argue too much (GE, Solyndra et al)

Yet our government threatens cutting pay to cops, teachers becuse they WANT people and/or corporations addicted to the government.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

You have yet to answer any of my points. All you have done is take on the weak arguments.

Glad to hear you are doing good, been there done that a few times myself. Still, I got screwed big time over this last decade.

So when was the last time you tried to hire a plumber and couldn't find one. Maybe you could give a personal example, cause I don't see what you claim to be a reality.

And how much do you think a skilled plumbing contractor should charge?
edit on 19-5-2012 by poet1b because: add last line

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You have yet to answer any of my points. All you have done is take on the weak arguments.

This is not true
What strong arguments have I neglected?

Glad to hear you are doing good, been there done that a few times myself. Still, I got screwed big time over this last decade.

Everytime the currency gets lowered in value we all suffer my friend
Not just you
Grocery store bills is not what it used to be, as well as even a dinning table

So when was the last time you tried to hire a plumber and couldn't find one. Maybe you could give a personal example, cause I don't see what you claim to be a reality.

For a plumber specifically I have no examples
But if you are saying there's not enough plumbers then there's a thirsty market right there
I can only talk about progammers and DBAs

And how much do you think a skilled plumbing contractor should charge?

I am not a plumber but the question is the same for any market
depends on the speciality
There is still profit to be made nonetheless

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I answered your questions

Please let me know if there's anything I missed
if so I apologize

you certainly did not. Explain the logic of repeating the same actions that left people in the position they are in, expecting to get a different result.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Solyndra was small potatoes, all the banking investment companies, utility companies, oil companies, insurance companies, and essentially every company on the fortune 500 is a welfare queen, and over fifty percent of our taxes goes to corporate welfare, it not far more.

You pay for your own unemployment insurance, it isn't welfare. Everything you get from government, which is mainly the roads, you pay for with direct taxes, through sales.

You need to figure out who the person behind you doing the screwing really is.

And anyone who thinks they should be able to pay $20 bucks an hour for a skilled contractor is oblivious.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

you certainly did not. Explain the logic of repeating the same actions that left people in the position they are in, expecting to get a different result.

2 incidences is not a trend

Tell me of your experiences to backup this question

Warning: I have more than 2!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

2 incidences is not a trend

Tell me of your experiences to backup this question

Warning: I have more than 2!

Never said a trend. But the fact is, thousands of people are in the exact position I describe. So tell me why those people should go, again, and sink their money into training and expenses all over again.

All this does is advocate a broken system, and keep people in an endless loop with no chance of getting out.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
$1,000 bucks in 1913 has the current value of over $23,000 the monetary policy with the addition of failed regulation and guess what people social programs is regulation keep people right where they are where the will never produce what they could.

Wish people would see that more people are just willing to roll over play dead and get that "fat government check" for the rest of their lives.

I agree with the bunny narcotics to keep people down.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

You have ignored every counter point I have presented.

For a plumber specifically I have no examples

Then the whole point of your op has been proven to be completely false.

I hire contractors all the time as part of my job, and there is no shortage.

Would you be willing to set up my IT department for $20 an hour?

I am sure there is a great deal of business out there for IT people willing to pay that much money for expanding their IT operations, if they thought they could get something of value for their money. Obviously you are failing to tap a vast market. What does the company you work for charge for your services? Can you give us a ballpark, over $100 per hour perhaps?
edit on 19-5-2012 by poet1b because: Add last paragraph.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I am not surprised at all. I starred and flagged you earlier, when you had a ridiculous 1 flag for this thread and were overwhelmed with posters insisting they're victims, but I had nothing to say that I haven't all ready said before. You pointed out early on that people could go into business for themselves, learning a trade that is always in demand, like plumbing, or electricians, or landscaping, and this is an argument I've been making since I've joined this site. More than just plumbing, or electrical work or landscaping there are all sorts of demands that need to be met that any individual with enough ingenuity can do.

Further, if we as a nation are ever going to pull out of this mess, more individuals starting their own businesses is what will have to happen, but most people do not want to work for a mom and pop organization. The small business cannot be bled in the way these people believe corporations can be bled. It matters not that corporations have consistently moved off shore to escape the leeches, the leeches cry democracy and believe that they can demand government forces multinational corporations to not only give them jobs, but high paying jobs with loads of benefits.

Paid vacations, yearly raises, health insurance and retirement funds are not something a private plumber can offer his - or her - employees. These leeches do not want to start any business that can grow into a business that employs many, pays them well, covers their retirement and health insurance, they want someone else to do that for them, and then they want that someone else to have caps put on their salaries and are convinced those that create these high paying jobs with loads of benefits should be taxed beyond the pale.

It doesn't surprise me at all. Welcome to the New Millennium, where the masses have declared they have a right to be given, where they have a right to take, to plunder, and to show total lack of regard for those who actually produce this world they believe is their birthright.

edit on 19-5-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And the fat cats are rolling in the government welfare funds, laughing all the way as their limousine drivers take them to the bank.

What sheer nonsense.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic
All of these jobs require training (especially electrician) which is not free or even cheap.

Wow
This thread has had alot of lazy posts
Life is not easy

It sounds like you want a fast bandaid solutions like yesterday instead of working for tomorrow

Welfare mentality!

It's very easy to criticize people when one is doing ok . I think your views are pompous and self righteous. You know nothing of other peoples situations . You are using your own good fortune as a measuring stick and that is soooo wrong.

I hope you continue to prosper , because god forbid anything should happen that will make you eat your words .

DP

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

All of those jobs you mention REQUIRE one to have one of two things

A) Experience
B) Education

We live in a society where people and corporations no longer want to train individuals. Yet, they want people with experience. Quick question. How in the hell is someone supposed to get experience doing anything if no one is willing to show them?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join