It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Are LOADS Of Jobs Out There, But People Don't Want To Work!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

No High Horse? Then why the extremely odd timing after another member just posted about their job struggles? Just a coincidence? Or an intentional attempt at a slap in the face to any one struggling? Oh and you are not the only one who has put in sweat and hard work to get where they are, if you only knew the half of anyones situation or story, you might sit down, shut up and try to understand some of us before judging why or why we are not off as well as you. That my friend, is you on a High Horse, your dang title is literally a rude retort to a previous thread. Period.

link   

Originally posted by Kryties
That's $90 many people don't have. Nor does everyone have to ability to learn something out of a book as opposed to a classroom.

If you dont' have kids you can EASILY save up $90
Even if you have kids it can still be done, please
And if you can't afford kids why did you have them?

Whoopie for you mate, aren't you bloody lucky you are smart enough to be able to buy one book and make your fortune. Sorry to burst your little bubble but not everyone has this ability or the money to be able to do so.

I strongly dislike today's education
teachers see a student that has issues and prescribes Ritalin rather than sitting with them

I don't know maybe I have ADHD
I study and starting thinking about everything which is not what i'm reading
I start thinking about batman, spiderman, spaceships, or another TV show or something that happened to me one day
One day I was jogging while reading an audio book about programming as I as ran against the wind I started thinking about quantum tunneling where a particle moves through a barrier in my case being the wind.

I most likely have ADHD, I am not smarter than you
Just commitment]

link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

If I consider myself more capable than any of you only then I would consider myself to be on a high horse
My path to where I am now was not easy

There's no high horse, only sweat, time, effort and commitment & looking towards the future!

Tx

Did you have a family and children relying on you to bring home the bacon every week while you took your little sojourn off into programming-land? Hmm?

Let me guess, you only had yourself to look after. Like Ive been saying all along mate, not everyone has the same situation and opportunities as yourself.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

WITH WHAT FREAKIN MONEY?!?!?!?!?! Aren't you people getting our point? Jesus you lot are blind.

Did you not read the many posts where I say this won't happen overnight?

Work and SAVE!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
>>>

"IS THIS THING ON????"

Why are you ignoring my question, OP?
edit on 19-5-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

which question
You had more than one

Tell me which one and i'll answer it ASAP!

No, there was only one. Where is the logic in spending years and thousands of dollars to train in a field, only to have that career ripped away from you, and then turning around, spending more years and more thousands of dollars to train in a NEW field, with the mindset that it wont happen again?

Why would anyone think this is logical?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

If you dont' have kids you can EASILY save up $90
Even if you have kids it can still be done, please
And if you can't afford kids why did you have them?

FFS, times change mate. People get laid off from jobs they has comfortably which enabled them to have children at the time . How freakin dare you accuse people of selfishly having children they couldn't afford. Wake the hell up.

I strongly dislike today's education
teachers see a student that has issues and prescribes Ritalin rather than sitting with them

I don't know maybe I have ADHD
I study and starting thinking about everything which is not what i'm reading
I start thinking about batman, spiderman, spaceships, or another TV show or something that happened to me one day
One day I was jogging while reading an audio book about programming as I as ran against the wind I started thinking about quantum tunneling where a particle moves through a barrier in my case being the wind.

I most likely have ADHD, I am not smarter than you

Yep, thanks for confirming you believe everyone should think and act like you.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Did you have a family and children relying on you to bring home the bacon every week while you took your little sojourn off into programming-land? Hmm?

Yes I did
My grandmother was very ill, she's no longer with us but I worked hard and saved up a little for myself and paid for her care

Let me guess, you only had yourself to look after. Like Ive been saying all along mate, not everyone has the same situation and opportunities as yourself.

Listen
Don't guess

I'm not guessing, which is why i'm saying it won't happen tomorrow but work towards the future

This is not rocket science
While growing up I even had issues getting jobs because of my skin color

Life was not easy on me

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Why bother working when the government's just going to take it away from you because you're too wealthy and some other poor soul needs it more than you? Or some other CEO will just charge you for using their services so much that you'll be broke within a day or two? Or the banks will just take away your house with fraudulent mortgages?

Why bother at all?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

WITH WHAT FREAKIN MONEY?!?!?!?!?! Aren't you people getting our point? Jesus you lot are blind.

Did you not read the many posts where I say this won't happen overnight?

Work and SAVE!

Your starting to make circular arguments mate. How is one supposed to be able to work and save when jobs aren't available in order to do so? How is one supposed to support his family (and don't you DARE questions anyone's right or reasons for having children) and take on a whole new education without working?

Have you been drinking tonight or something? Your logic is ridiculous and you are arguing in circles.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
No, there was only one. Where is the logic in spending years and thousands of dollars to train in a field, only to have that career ripped away from you

Nothing was ripped away from you unless you felt you had a right to it to begin with, which is wrong
I realize the issue you are bringing up sure
But that's life, every career decision you make is a gamble
Doesn't mean every gamble you make Govt.(other people) have to bail you out

Originally posted by captaintyinknots and then turning around, spending more years and more thousands of dollars to train in a NEW field, with the mindset that it wont happen again?

It's called life
People way more poor than anyone you know in third world countries will work as masons without govt. assistance to pay for their lives
You are way better off then them

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Your starting to make circular arguments mate. How is one supposed to be able to work and save when jobs aren't available in order to do so? .

Did you even read my thread?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

That is definitely the stupidest question I have seen asked in a while. Do you think everything stays the same. One day you are on the top of the world with your career a few years later due to unforeseen circumstances you don't have a pot. With your attitude no one would have children or a wife. Oh my I can't control the future so therefore I can't live like I might have one.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Your starting to make circular arguments mate. How is one supposed to be able to work and save when jobs aren't available in order to do so? .

Did you even read my thread?

Several times, yet I am still flummoxed as to how you think everyone's situation should be the same as yours, and how you think people can just up and change the direction of their lives in an instant when they have responsibilities and other things that do not allow for this?

You are arguing in circles, your logic makes no sense whatsoever and methinks you have only created this thread to get on your high horse and stroke your e-peen.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
That is definitely the stupidest question I have seen asked in a while. Do you think everything stays the same. One day you are on the top of the world with your career a few years later due to unforeseen circumstances you don't have a pot. With your attitude no one would have children or a wife. Oh my I can't control the future so therefore I can't live like I might have one.

I started out very difficultly
I now have a wife and a kid on the way

I DECIDED not to have kids until I could afford them
Why would I put a kid through a low income with litle food and clothing?
I would consider myself a horrible father if I did that mistake

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I agree 100% with the OP. If times are really that tough, people should not be turning away ANY type of work.

People are afraid of a little hard work. They all want to work in a cushy office and start from the top.

For the life of me finding a plumber, electrician, painter, etc. is impossible.

I hired guys to paint my house and two months later they still haven't started. Too busy.

The sense of entitlement among this generation is appalling.

link   

You must live in Atlantis because you certainly are not in the reality of the US. Nobody and I mean nobody does anything with out licenses and codes and tax numbers and the list is endless. Don't even try to compare the US and its bs to 3rd world countries. Most of them can do whatever to make money without an entire army of beauracrats up the butts. So talk is so cheap especially when it is coming from someone either naive or simply full of themselves.

link   

Until you've walked in another man's shoes................you're just blowing hot air outta your pipe.

Is your ass jealous of all the crap coming outta your mouth?

Sorry but I understand how it could sound easy from your perspective and things may have worked out for you ....but I can't and wouldn't change my current situation. My kids are my world.

By the way you answered my question with a question....So,do you have kids?

Besides......... the fact is simple......America is outsourced. Everyone wants cheap labor/products. The working man is the one who keeps the machine running and is the one who pays the taxes to keep the fat cats well endowed and pays for those on welfare...............

When he's/she's the one who should be prospering.....

All you're doing is making excuses and sympathising with the corrupt people who are the ones whop actually intentionally destroyed the economy in the first place

reply to post by nahahh

I've been in the business for 20 yrs so I know all about word of mouth. I've done side jobs.. but you are clueless...... Even if you don't need a license what about insurance...... What happens when a homeowner claims YOU were the cause of the PROBLEm which occured as a result? You're clueless and talking nonsense..... If you're not licensed and insured you've been lucky so far, even landscapers need to be insured......

If you're not it will com back to bite you in the ass.

Let me go finish drinking myself into a depression which is why I'm lazy in the first and making excuses for not being able to find a job. (SARCASM) ...I don't drink , smoke or use drugs................

Honestly, I'll let you fella's finish this cause we all have our points of views and beliefs. Regardless....wish ya all the best of luck. Peace out

link   

Several times, yet I am still flummoxed as to how you think everyone's situation should be the same as yours, and how you think people can just up and change the direction of their lives in an instant when they have responsibilities and other things that do not allow for this?

It is because they have other priorities which they need to finance that they should be taking my path!

You are arguing in circles, your logic makes no sense whatsoever and methinks you have only created this thread to get on your high horse and stroke your e-peen.

There's no e-penn
I do not need e-props
That's not going to put money in my pocket

I wouldn't have to argue in circles if people read my posts properly

link   

I started out very difficultly
I now have a wife and a kid on the way

I DECIDED not to have kids until I could afford them
Why would I put a kid through a low income with litle food and clothing?
I would consider myself a horrible father if I did that mistake

You must have missed the multiple points made by multiple different posters in this thread that sometimes people have kids when things are good and the future looks bright only to have the carpet ripped out from under them and their world turned upside down.

Yep, you must have missed them. Either that or you are confirming my thoughts that you are completely blind to the reality of the world around you.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
Besides......... the fact is simple......America is outsourced. Everyone wants cheap labor/products.

The fact is simple
None of the jobs I mentioned in this thread is outsoursable.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join