It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Are LOADS Of Jobs Out There, But People Don't Want To Work!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nahahh

You do know you need to be licensed and insured...right?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by Kryties
Mate, no offense but what a complete load of nonsense. Newsflash: Not everyone lives the same life as you and can so easily take on new education or training without sacrificing essentials like food and rent.

My life was perhaps worse than any example you can give
Then I learned programming and networking
Did alot of contracts which ALLOWED me to pay for essentials like food and rent
Otherwise I would have had to go on welfare
But I refused, never went on welfare and never took unemployement
Then I saved and paid for my own education via a private trade school

And now I work for a large IT Company, currently under contract

And those contracts were done WHILE I already had a another job
Thing about contracts is clients have jobs, that's how they pay for it
So they very much welcome working on weekends and after hours.

Stop making excuses

There you go again, assuming everyone has the same life and opportunities as you.

Pray tell, how did you learn programming and networking? Did you pay to learn it by any chance? You would have had to in order to get official qualifications to work in the field so can you please explain to the rest of us how exactly you were able to pull money out of your ass in order to pay for said training? I am sure many of us would love to know how to make free money.....

+22 more 
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Did you create this thread specifically to bash the thread of another member having trouble finding work? With the odd timing, and ignorant point of your post, I think so. You do not know, nor can control the local hiring of where other citizens live.. and to judge unknowingly making a whole new thread just to argue what the poor member has said about their struggles, is rude and ignorant in my opinion.

edit on 19-5-2012 by Katharos62191 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Revealation
Quick question....

Do you have any kids? Try doing an about halt with 3 kids....1 in college which we're trying to scrape the money up for and 2 others in catholic school because the public schools in NY suck.

Hard to do when every cent goes to surviving a family of 5 while helping my mother take care of my father who's been diagnosed with alzheimers for the last 5 yrs.

Quick question

Why have kids if you were not financially ready?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
>>>

"IS THIS THING ON????"

Why are you ignoring my question, OP?
edit on 19-5-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
^^^ Let me just first of all say to what Revealation says above: AMEN!!! ^^^

I'm almost 26 and I've been working with my hands for almost 10 years now (Framing, dirt-work, concrete, painting, remodels, drywall etc. etc. etc.) and let me say SPOT-ON brother...

Electricians? Plumbers? These are often union jobs, with people lined up for years to get a spot... period.
Landscapers? Laborers? These are the jobs that immigrants are doing. I'm not even willing to point fingers at the cause of this or if it's even a problem it's just that around where I live, the mexicans are VERY established in many of the trades, landscaping being a big one...

Here's my big ol' 2 cents on the issue of jobs:
Real wages compared to inflation and cost of living has been stagnant for 30 years.
The current model for employment is failing... It appears to be a relic from the industrial revolution that has failed us mightily... This ties in DIRECTLY with the education issues we're having now. We can't just keep thinking we're going to program our youth to be the cogs in the industrial machine as it once was.

What's happening around the country is people are learning once again what it means to survive, make ends meet, prosper, and live day-to-day in OTHER, MORE CREATIVE WAYS.

The nine-to-five and a paycheck uncle Sam gets %15 of is fading fast. People are remembering what it means to be able to take care of their families on their terms and SELF-SUFFICIENCY is the meme of the hour.. (See: preppers, farmers markets, DIY everything, etc.)

People don't want jobs anymore.. That's not to say people don't, wont, or can't work. It's just that the people want to be happy, healthy, and prosperous, and the old model including the big business it supports is becoming a thing of the past.
edit on 19-5-2012 by JRedBeard because: .

+2 more 
posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191

Did you create this thread specifically to bash the thread of another member having trouble finding work? With the odd timing, and ignorant point of your post, I think so. You do not know, nor can control the local hiring of where other citizens live.. and to judge unknowingly making a whole knew thread just to argue what the poor member has said about their struggles, is rude and ignorant in my opinion.

Actually I think the OP is either completely blind to the reality around him/her or is deliberately getting on their high horse that they managed to find a job and others haven't and therefore that means the rest of us are lazy.

Other than that I can see no logic or rational thought in their argument.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

There you go again, assuming everyone has the same life and opportunities as you.

Pray tell, how did you learn programming and networking? Did you pay to learn it by any chance?

I bought a book on web design and web programming
I believe in total it must have costed me maybe 90$ in total

You would have had to in order to get official qualifications to work in the field so can you please explain to the rest of us how exactly you were able to pull money out of your ass in order to pay for said training? I am sure many of us would love to know how to make free money.....

I bought a book and did contracts for web design

After a while I studied database development, SQL and database adminstration
Then I created database applications and tried selling it to local video stores and other types of stores

During this time I had no IT degree or certifications

+12 more 
posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

You are expecting people living on welfare to just SUDDENLY have the knowledge and skill necessary to do these jobs, which is impossible and stupid. Hitting the
icon 50 times won't make you right. If you are living on welfare and trying to care for children, trying to find a job that will hire unskilled labor, how do you expect them to be hired for SKILLED labor when they have none?

It's NOT POSSIBLE. No one will contract you if it's your first time and you're working alone. No one will contract you to fix their toilet when all you're doing is running off what the internet tells you. No one will allow you to become an electrician without training and certification.

There are real and in some cases insurmountable hurdles placed before the people you are calling lazy.

The true laziness is in your inability to empathize or even consider what their life might be like. You refuse to walk in their shoes. You likely have not even met someone struggling to live on unemployment. You are ASSUMING what their life is like. You are ASSUMING they can be hired for skilled labor as they are unskilled. You are ASSUMING so much, and you're wrong. You are plain, and simple, and completely wrong.

You do not know how poverty or the world works. You do not know how hiring works. You do not know how skilled labor works.

Stop pretending that you do.

Stop pretending you're more intelligent than anyone else in this thread.

Just stop. You're making a fool of yourself.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

How do you know I wasn't 18 yrs ago for the first kid and 9 yrs ago for the next 2? Things happen. Some people are good at handling financial situations and investments. I'm a man who build fixes and creates. I have Ideas...maybe I need an agent....or investor...... again trying to trust someone and put whatever I have left in investments is a gamble when I have responsabilities which take precedence over anything.

Besides somethimes $**t happens. Should I have just abandoned my kids or had abortions????? you tell me

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic
You are expecting people living on welfare to just SUDDENLY have the knowledge and skill necessary to do these jobs,

My entire point is that it won't happen suddenly if you have read my posts
Read people.... read!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
>>>

"IS THIS THING ON????"

Why are you ignoring my question, OP?
edit on 19-5-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

which question
You had more than one

Tell me which one and i'll answer it ASAP!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Great, thanks for ignoring everything else I said and proving that you just want to be childish and call everyone lazy. Have a great day.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I do believe you are correct there. But just a fair warning to the OP.. It hurts when you fall off that high horse, and when you trampled on the rest of us down here, I for one will not be one to help you back up. Oh well I'm off to go be another lazy citizen! Oh P.S. Delusion is the perfect word for this thread and poster.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

I bought a book on web design and web programming
I believe in total it must have costed me maybe 90$ in total

That's $90 many people don't have. Nor does everyone have to ability to learn something out of a book as opposed to a classroom.

I bought a book and did contracts for web design

Read above statement about not everyone being able to do this.

After a while I studied database development, SQL and database adminstration
Then I created database applications and tried selling it to local video stores and other types of stores

During this time I had no IT degree or certifications

Whoopie for you mate, aren't you bloody lucky you are smart enough to be able to buy one book and make your fortune. Sorry to burst your little bubble but not everyone has this ability or the money to be able to do so.

Jesus mate, think for a second about what you are saying. You are focusing only on your OWN situation and projecting that as if everyone should have similar lives. How bloody ridiculous. Wake up mate, take a look out the window and realise there are 7 billion other people on this planet and not all of them are like you.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
reply to post by nahahh

You do know you need to be licensed and insured...right?

To hang drywall? I hardly think so. To paint? Nope! To mow the lawn? Nah.

You want me to be honest.......all i hear is EXCUSES and reasons why you cant. Sure you can....the problem is...you feel you DESERVE something "special". Top Dollar. You people have that F.U. pay me attitude, and you haven't even gotten to the F part of that phrase.

I started a business, with a family...of 7; And i've been in business for 9 years. Do you know how much i make, at times? $3 bucks a day. Sure, i'm fortunate that i own my own land/home....but still....my greater plans will happen...if i stay FAITHFUL to the smaller things. My business is suffering from the economy....but i'm still in business....and not losing money. My electric bill is due in 10 days....but i aint trippin'....cuz i've got options. I've got ways to make my ends. My resources are not limited by my MENTALITY!

You complain....because you're not HUNGRY ENOUGH!!!!

Funny i should be writing this.....i got a customer who's a 1st timer, who just brought another customer with him. See how BUSINESS WORKS????

You know those infomercials are built around the concept of WORD OF MOUTH, right? Who's speakin' your name. Be back later........money calls!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191
I do believe you are correct there. But just a fair warning to the OP.. It hurts when you fall off that high horse, and when you trampled on the rest of us down here, I for one will not be one to help you back up

If I consider myself more capable than any of you only then I would consider myself to be on a high horse
My path to where I am now was not easy

There's no high horse, only sweat, time, effort and commitment & looking towards the future!

Tx

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
But people need to go to university and sit in an office all day long. Plumbers, Electricians only a fool would want to do that... right?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nahahh

To hang drywall? I hardly think so. To paint? Nope! To mow the lawn? Nah.

Umm....actually yes.

I started a business, with a family...of 7; And i've been in business for 9 years.

WITH WHAT FREAKIN MONEY?!?!?!?!?! Aren't you people getting our point? Jesus you lot are blind.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Were you on welfare, struggling to keep afloat when you started on that path?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join