It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Are LOADS Of Jobs Out There, But People Don't Want To Work!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
How easy is it to get a plumber to your house same day and sometimes same week?
How often does a plumber call you back even?
And how much does it cost?

This market is thirsty for more plumbers
More plumbers is more competition which will be better prices for you as well

What about an electrician?
Are they easy to get at your home same day?

And even more importantly landscapers
You call a landscaper sure they may come same day, but when will they start the project?
Sometimes months or weeks ahead
Sometimes they give you a quote and never call you back
Sometimes they come to do an estimation and they never send you the quote unless they do it onsite

Many of these guys are either irresponsible or they have so many contracts to work on that they don't care
And that's from the horse's mouth

There are plenty of jobs out there
But when people think of jobs they only think about the help wanted ads or monster.com
They never think of starting their own business and THAT is the problem

They wait for a job to come to them instead of them themselves going towards a new business initiative

Come on people!

I realize that this is not universal truth, some areas in ghettos have very little buyers for landscaping and also may live in appartments where the landloard takes care of it.

But in the city and suburbs there's loads of jobs
And if you live in a ghetto maybe you can drive outside of town for such a job and then move out

However let's not say there's no jobs out there
That's just not true

I'm not saying it's easy out there, but you don't jump to "There's No Jobs!!!"

+131 more 
posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Plumbers, electricians, landscapers....pretty much all trades require years of training and apprenticeship on ridiculously low wages before one is fully licensed where I come from.

+5 more 
posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
Plumbers, electricians, landscapers....pretty much all trades require years of training and apprenticeship on ridiculously low wages before one is fully licensed where I come from.

What's a licensed landscaper?

Plumber or electrician sure
But work your way through it, think long term not just how will you eat today, that's irresponsible and forcing the state to cut for your slack

And as far as low wages again you are doing the same mistake I spoke about
You are waiting for a job rather than going towards it

When did I say work for a landscaping company?
Create YOUR OWN!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Why did you start a new thread when their is all ready a thread open about the topic?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

The topic is not there's no jobs
It's not a lazy thread

This is thread is there ARE jobs!

+87 more 
posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

But work your way through it, think long term not just how will you eat today, that's irresponsible and forcing the state to cut for your slack

Create YOUR OWN!

Mate, no offense but what a complete load of nonsense. Newsflash: Not everyone lives the same life as you and can so easily take on new education or training without sacrificing essentials like food and rent.

+65 more 
posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Create YOUR OWN!

So those of us who spent years training for our current career only to have it ripped out from under us should disregard the money and time already spent, and do it all over again, with the mindset that "this time, itll be better"?

As for starting a business, not many who are unemployed have the capital to do so.

+6 more 
posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Right on POINT....OP. How many computer programmers/repair persons out there? Better yet, how many photographers, artists, musicians? Do you people have SKILLS? Or, are you just COMFORTABLE....having someone else feed you. If that hand stops feeding you, then what?

I made up my mind, 6 years ago....after being laid off, for the final time....THAT WAS IT. So, i became an independant contractor. Someone needs an oil change..then, dag-nab-it...im a mechanic. If they need their dog walked and bathed: "Poodles R Us". If they need graphic design work....bring on the photos.

Stop relying on a damn J.O.B. It leads to a DEAD END. Start thinking age 60...NOW!

Oh, and, can i also say......the internet is a good way to do business. Are you a fashion designer....event planner...IDK.....THINK OUTSIDE THE "TELEVISION". Oops....i meant...."BOX"!

+22 more 
posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm a white male who has 20 years experience in all aspects of home remodeling/costruction/plumbing/electric/roofing/siding/windows/doors/tiles/kitchens/bathrooms and anything else my hands can touch and fix or build.

lazy????? Far from. I own my own van and have all my own tools for just about any job. No company is willing to hire me for $200 using my own van and tools (which for my caliber of experience is a major pay cut). I don't know where you're from...but yes I WILL go there.......Illegal immigrants are all I see working anywhere I go unless it's the business owner.

You may say I should open my own business. Well some people are craftsmen not business men. regardless there isn't a man who I will allow to outperform me. I'm strong, fast efficient and very experienced. If you're faster, my quality is better. I've been outta work for almost 5 yrs.. even before the financial nonsense, so I'm tired of hearing everyone whine about their year or 2 outta work.

And just so ya know Illegal immigrants make about $150 -175 a day in NY. How would you not pay an extra $25 dollars for an experienced mechanic who should be making at least $350 a day. Find me a company and I'll prove myself to any man. Talk is CHEAP. My work speaks for itself.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Mate, no offense but what a complete load of nonsense. Newsflash: Not everyone lives the same life as you and can so easily take on new education or training without sacrificing essentials like food and rent.

My life was perhaps worse than any example you can give
Then I learned programming and networking
Did alot of contracts which ALLOWED me to pay for essentials like food and rent
Otherwise I would have had to go on welfare
But I refused, never went on welfare and never took unemployement
Then I saved and paid for my own education via a private trade school

And now I work for a large IT Company, currently under contract

And those contracts were done WHILE I already had a another job
Thing about contracts is clients have jobs, that's how they pay for it
So they very much welcome working on weekends and after hours.

Stop making excuses

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
All of these jobs require training (especially electrician) which is not free or even cheap.

Programming takes years of learning to be considered for hiring without a college degree backing you.
Electrician requires certification, as does plumbing.
Landscaping is the easiest of the bunch to get into, but you still have to have an eye for aesthetics and the skill to do what you're told with the landscape.
edit on 19-5-2012 by cetaphobic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with working as a landscaper.
I started out as a landscaper and worked / qualified my way up from there.
It's hard, honest, decent paid work with all social insurance contributions and good employment prospects, at least in Germany.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
I'm a white male who has 20 years experience in all aspects of home remodeling/costruction/plumbing/electric/roofing/siding/windows/doors/tiles/kitchens/bathrooms and anything else my hands can touch and fix or build.

lazy????? Far from. I own my own van and have all my own tools for just about any job. No company is willing to hire me for $200 using my own van and tools (which for my caliber of experience is a major pay cut). I don't know where you're from...but yes I WILL go there.......Illegal immigrants are all I see working anywhere I go unless it's the business owner.

Once again you missed the point of the thread
Do not wait for jobs to come to you
If you have all your tools and a van start your own company

This is not rocket science!

You may say I should open my own business. Well some people are craftsmen not business men. .

To own your own ladscaping company wouldn't require an immediate need of business sense
Just basic arithmetic and some accounting
Get some contracts then pay for an accountant

And just so ya know Illegal immigrants make about $150 -175 a day in NY. How would you not pay an extra $25 dollars for an experienced mechanic who should be making at least $350 a day. Find me a company and I'll prove myself to any man. Talk is CHEAP. My work speaks for itself.

Again find a company

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic
All of these jobs require training (especially electrician) which is not free or even cheap.

Wow
This thread has had alot of lazy posts
Life is not easy

It sounds like you want a fast bandaid solutions like yesterday instead of working for tomorrow

Welfare mentality!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

No company is willing to hire me for $200
Let me stop you right there...so you can MEDITATE on those words..............................................

Ok, breaks over. 1) You ARE your own company, 2) You are your own boss and 3) You're charging too much! Lower your prices. Go after $100 instead. How HUNGRY are you? Not only do you offer GREAT service....but GREAT prices, as well. Business is done, by WORD OF MOUTH. If your work is good, and your prices are GREAT.......people WILL flock to you. Do you think Coca-Cola gained it's billions, from $10.00 a bottle or $1.00?????? During these HARD TIMES....people still have leaky roof-tops. HOOK-EM-UP. 1 New Customers, gets you 3 more.

+21 more 
posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Wow
Life is not easy

It sounds like you want a fast bandaid solutions like yesterday instead of working for tomorrow

Welfare mentality!

Wow
This thread has a lot of unabashed morons
Certification is not cheap

It sounds like you want people on welfare or unemployment to stay on it for the years of training required to do these jobs!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Wow
Life is not easy

Welfare mentality!

So please, explain the logic in spending years and thousands of dollars to get trained in an area, only to have that career taken away by budget cuts, and then turn around and do it all over again, getting trained in a DIFFERENT field.

Why would I possibly do that, and not think the exact same thing will happen?

+1 more 
posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The only time I have ever heard of anyone not being able to get a plumber or an electrician, is when they don't want to pay what the contractor charges to get the job done.

At least this is the case where I live.

There are tons of handy men out there, struggling to succeed.

Well, most contractors refuse to work for a lawyer, because lawyers are notorious for not paying. They know how to tie you up in court You aren't a lawyer are you?

Personally, I have no desire to work residential. People will nit pick you to death.

+2 more 
posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Quick question....

Do you have any kids? Try doing an about halt with 3 kids....1 in college which we're trying to scrape the money up for and 2 others in catholic school because the public schools in NY suck.

Hard to do when every cent goes to surviving a family of 5 while helping my mother take care of my father who's been diagnosed with alzheimers for the last 5 yrs.

Where's the money for start up. I haven't got a pot to piss in. I've landscaped before but where am I buying a trailer and landscaping equipment? Sounds good in fantasy land but in reality....not everyone knows wich avenues to take to go about starting new ventures. May be easy for you but as stated....I'm a craftsman...not a business man

edit on 19/5/2012 by Revealation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Wow
This thread has a lot of unabashed morons
Certification is not cheap

It sounds like you want people on welfare or unemployment to stay on it for the years of training required to do these jobs!

Life is never cheap if someone struggling stagnates

Certification is not cheap? Again you are thinking like I insinuated you go to your hardware shop, buy tools and there's your business.

No wonder all jobs went to china with this mentality

No you can do other types of contracts and then go to some trade school

This is not a one day solution people
Where's the depth in your thought process?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join