It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL 2012 GOP Delegate Count >HERE<

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Pure speculation.
Not strait from the horses mouth.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Pure speculation.

Keep telling yourself that.

The fact is that Ron Paul has pulled back on his campaign...and it happened right after his supporters acted crazy at a couple conventions. Then we have people within the campaign saying he doesn't like the tactics being used.

But believe what you will.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well, count me as one for CD and one for SD. Now am "I" the only one? LOL! Good info as always my friend.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Pure speculation.

The fact is that Ron Paul has pulled back on his campaign...and it happened right after his supporters acted crazy at a couple conventions. Then we have people within the campaign saying he doesn't like the tactics being used.

But believe what you will.

Two Ron Paul supporters were assaulted, 1 in AZ, the other in OK.

So which of Ron Paul's supporters acted crazy at a couple conventions?

You made the claim, now back it up.

And please don't say they boo'd Romney's kid off stage, they didn't boo his speech, they boo'd his attempt to plug in his dad's slate when he was in no position to, yes Romney's supporters boo'd the shady attempt as well.

So please, do say how Ron Paul's supporters acted crazy. I'd love to hear it.

Now, go dig.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Speculation and assumptions are just that.
The real votes at the convention will be the real facts.
And no one will know the truth till the convention.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

See...you already know how they acted like fools.

They booed Romney's son off the stage. They got in a brawl with Romney supporters. And they held a fake convention in a parking lot saying it was official.

Like it or not...Paul's supporters are embarrasing him.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

reply to post by MrWendal

Ok 5 year old...you get in trouble by your parents...they say you are not to watch TV, if you do you will be in more trouble. You are going to spend the day at your grandparents, your parents tell your grandparents that you are not to watch TV, your grandparents say OK, but if they catch them watching TV they aren't going to punish them, but they will let the parents know about it. Your parents tell you that when you go to your grandparents that you are to not watch TV, if you do...even though your grandparents won't punish you, you will be punished when you get home.

It's really not that hard of a concept to understand....but then again I didn't know I had to explain things to you like you are 5.

That was so cute

By asking you to explain it me like I am a 5 year old, I mean explain the situation in simple terms. Not make up a story out of thin air, backed by nothing, to explain to me a situation that is by and far much different. We are talking about delegates and the RNC rules concerning them on a National Stage. Not weather or not those delegates can watch TV.

Using your analogy though, I must ask you. How much trouble did Brian Jenkins get in? It does not appear to be much at all, if any. And assuming your perspective is 100% accurate (which we can only assume because you have shown nothing to indicate it is accurate, maybe a prior example perhaps?), how do you know that is not a risk delegates are willing to take? Such as Brian Jenkins did.

It was said by Paul campaign staffers and senior aides.

So either it is true...or Paul's campaign is falling apart and spreading lie about their own candidate.

You also missed two other options, they are wrong or purposely putting out disinformation.

In any event I do admit it is disheartening, but I also must admit I have not personally looked into the whole issue. I do know a lot of it stems from the physical altercations that took place at two State Conventions, and to my knowledge there are mixed reports about who assaulted who and there may even be video out there of the incidents, so only time will tell.

Either way, this whole area of conversation has nothing to do with Rule 38 and what can and may happen on the Convention floor in Tampa. Even by your own assertions, those rapid Ron Paul followers will simply disregard what they are being told, so why wouldn't they vote their conscience on the first round ballot? Especially since there is precedence to do so?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

They booed Romney's son off the stage. They got in a brawl with Romney supporters. And they held a fake convention in a parking lot saying it was official.

Boo'ing somebody for doing something they shouldn't be doing is labeled crazy?

Ron Paul supporters being HIT and not fighting back is considered a brawl?

Using parliamentary procedure to complete the meeting because the meeting was adjourned illegally is fake?

You WOULD use logic like this to make arguments.

I guess you could say its Obama logic.

You are embarrassing yourself.
edit on 21-5-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Using parliamentary procedure to complete the meeting because the meeting was adjourned illegally is fake?

You WOULD use logic like this to make arguments.

I guess you could say its Obama logic.

You are embarrassing yourself.

Don't ask me...ask Ron Paul...he is the one saying these things.

And it seems like his campaign is having to remind his supporters that they will behave at the National Convention.

www.cbsnews.com...

Ron Paul camp: Supporters to be "respectful" at GOP convention

Ron Paul campaign Chair Jesse Benton said Tuesday that Paul's famously loyal and enthusiastic fan base will be represented at the Tampa convention by the hundreds, with "a very, very strong message that we're here," but in a way that's "respectful."

"We're going to respectfully show that our people are here and we're the way to the future, and we're here to work with people, we're here to play ball, and we believe in very, very specific things," Benton said in a conference call with reporters. "And we're going to continue to fight for ideas. And moving forward, we're going to continue to become an even stronger voice in the party." At the convention, he said, "We're emphasizing decorum."

How many times does the campaign have to tell the supporters to calm down before they listen?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The fact is that Ron Paul has pulled back on his campaign...and it happened right after his supporters acted crazy at a couple conventions.

Do you have proof of these so called people actually being Ron Paul supporters? If so I would like to see that.

Then we have people within the campaign saying he doesn't like the tactics being used.

Who is we? Who has people within the campaign? Are you saying these so called crazy supporters are infiltrators from the Obama/Romney crowd to stir up ruckus within the RP crowd? Ahhhh, I get it now it all makes sense.
Not like I knew this was going on anyways.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Today:

Ron Paul
114 won 1030 needed

Mitt Romney
956 won 188 needed

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Again, those numbers mean NOTHING.
The votes at the convention are all that count.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

On a conference call with reporters on Tuesday, Ron Paul's campaign chairman Jesse Benton stressed that the campaign wants the Texas lawmaker's supporters who travel to Tampa in August for the Republican National Convention to be "respectful." "We just can't emphasize that enough," said Benton, adding that the campaign wants to "make sure that decorum and respect are the name of the game....Benton noted that Paul supporters "are going to be under the microscope" in Tampa, and the campaign wants them to be remembered for helping push Paul's message into the GOP mainstream, not for causing headaches for the nominee by generating headlines about dissent in the ranks.

www.cbsnews.com...

So in the end Paul is not some paradigm buster, he's just another Republican pol who doesn't want to cause "headaches" for Romney.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

You know the funny thing about the English language.... we can use the " symbols to actually quote people. It symbolizes that they spoke the words. So I can add quotes to anything you say, and fill my opinion around those quotes to make it seem as if my opinion is what you are saying.

Notice the whole "do not create problems for the nominee" statement is not in quotes. That mean Burton did not say that, the author of the article did.Funny how that works huh?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Don't run away from your claims.

BACK it up, let's go.

I'll even include it in this post so you don't conveniently forget.

Originally posted by eLPresidente

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Don't run away from your claims.

BACK it up, let's go.

I'll even include it in this post so you don't conveniently forget.

You already admitted that Ron Paul supporters boo'd Romney's son off stage...you just made an excuse for them.

And you admitted Ron Paul supporters were in a brawl...but you make another excuse saying they never hit anyone

Like I said...take it up with your candidate....he is the one that called you guys out on it. Apparently he doesn't have much faith in his supporters since he keeps having to release statements reminding them to be civil.

It is your guy's campaign that is saying this stuff to the media...not me...if you are mad...go yell at Ron Paul.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You're unbiased view of this is getting absurd. They held the convention in the parking lot because the GOP attempted to steal the delegates from Paul. They behaved exactly as they should.

I agree with much of what you're saying here in regards to it being a long shot ect ect, but when you make absurd claims like this one I've gotta shoot you down.

The Paul supporters carried themselves with pride, passion and knowledge of the process. Their behavior and response to theft taking place in oklahoma was outstanding, something to be proud of. It wasn't the first time the GOP claimed the lease was running out on the building or that Paul supporters would have to pay for the insurance ect ect. These people standing up to the corruption are heros, five years down the road when your ballsack drops you'll be thankful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join