It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem is a lack of Liberty....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I am fearing now that people are confusing partial causes of America's current predicament with the total cause and it makes me think that we may end up with something FAR worse than what we have now.

YES, Corporate greed is one of the causes of our current problems but it goes far deeper than that, and it is NOT capitalism that is the root cause of this. It is corruption and the manipulation of the system.

There are also problems of systemic corruption that make things that would seem a good thing at face value part of the problem as well. Unions are part of the problem too, also again due to corruption and manipulation of the system.

How has this corruption become so ingrained in the system??? Lethargy and apathy for the most part...

We have allowed, more so in the last decade than in the previous century, for corrupt government officials to subvert our system under various guises. We have to stop this.

We have allowed them to manipulate us into believing that we can do nothing or that we must do it peacefully. Peacefully, does nothing in a corrupt system.

It would've been like our founding fathers attempting to peacefully get the King of England to change his policies.

They have to know that there are repercussions to this.

The only chance we had at peaceful change likely will end with Ron Paul's failed election bid. It's still possible that he gets the nomination, but it is becoming more unlikely.

We have to get this nation back to it's founding principles where individual liberty and personal responsibility reign supreme.

We have to end the corporate and union lobbies and change back to a system where corruption is less likely and only individuals can donate to political hacks so there is less chance of greed causing a corruption of the system.

Most importantly we have to be actively involved. We have to get past this idea that everyone should have a blanket right to vote. We need voters to actually UNDERSTAND the process of government and understand what their votes mean. People need to stop being apathetic and not involved.

I'm tired of people being manipulated by politicians and voting for who looks and sounds better when the very things they are espousing are the exact opposite of the very principles of our nation.

Get away from the idea that testing for knowledge of government function or basic intelligence is racist, sexist or any ...ist...

It is merely necessary to ensure that manipulation isn't the course of the day.

Aren't you tired of getting the same ole' same ole'????

I know I am. We have to stand up and get involved. Everyone should NOT have the right to vote. Corporate fat cats should not have the ability to manipulate our system.

Union leaders should NOT have the ability to manipulate our system...

Politicians should NOT have the ability to manipulate gullible uninformed voters. If people want the right to vote, they should have to earn it through a lack of apathy and a desire to learn what is necessary to vote intelligently and without manipulation.

We have to eliminate overboard social programs that allow foreigners to come in and deplete our nation of resources. We need to be able to open our borders back up and accept other nation's, tired, poor and hungry.

We can't do that in a sustainable way in the manipulated corrupt system that we are currently in.

We have to hold people personally responsible for their choices and actions.

We can't successfully do that as long as we let unions get over priced wages for menial jobs, or we promote hige conglomerate (illegal through anti-trust laws) corporations to manipulate and corrupt our system for continued profits.

We have to support small business and get the profit away from these huge corporations and THEN we can allow personal responsibility to come back in.

We have to get rid of fiat, worthless currency that we don't even print ourselves, giving immediate profit to private banksters, and government gangsters.

We have to get an open government that doesn't keep secrets from the American people.

We have to limit our presence in foreign countries, we are NOT the world police. We can look out for our interests by implementing policies within our country.

You want to keep jobs here??? Implement import tariffs on countries with slave labor wage levels.

You want to raise incomes and bring back the middle class??? Support small business and put restrictions on huge conglomerate corporations so that small businesses can compete.

Let's start supporting our country if we want it to succeed. Let's start taking responsibility for our actions if we don't want to see our country become the next Roman Empire...

Let liberty and freedom reign for all and we will see our nation rise again like we haven't seen since the industrial revolution.

If it can be done peacefully, and I pray that it can, let's do it.

If it can't, there was a specific reason the second amendment was coined and this is it....

Respectfully, and for Hope and Restoration (Not Hope and Change)

Jaden

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

www.thrivemovement.com...

Watch this documentary above.

Read the link below.

www.usavsus.info...

Nuff said.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

America's current predicament

I'm tired of people being manipulated by politicians and voting for who looks and sounds better when the very things they are espousing are the exact opposite of the very principles of our nation.

We have to get an open government that doesn't keep secrets from the American people.

We have to limit our presence in foreign countries, we are NOT the world police. We can look out for our interests by implementing policies within our country.

Let's start supporting our country if we want it to succeed. Let's start taking responsibility for our actions if we don't want to see our country become the next Roman Empire...

Let liberty and freedom reign for all and we will see our nation rise again like we haven't seen since the industrial revolution.

What about the rest of the world? Do you really think that if you can get your country to work properly, that the rest of the world will magically be ok as well?

You Americans. Why are you so nationalistic and seem to think that there are two countries on planet Earth: "America" and "The rest of the world", most of which is "America" anyway?

You are talking like this isn't happening everywhere in the world, especially the western part. You are talking like there are no other countries (although you mention 'the world' and 'England').

Would you please give the flag-waving, ignorant nationalism a rest, and talk like a human being who lives on the same planet with the rest of us? Or is that too much to ask?

By the way, "Liberty" means "Freedom from government tyranny". Did you know that?

Sorry for ranting, but I am sick and tired of the typical American attitude, where America is the nexus of the Universe, and the other countries are barely mentioned as a sidenote. If someone wants to talk about western women, for example, they come up with an acronym like "AW", which means "American Women" - and they expect the rest of the world to use the acronym as well, because "You know, it's basically the same thing as 'western women'"..

Sheesh. The arrogance. American women and western women are very similar in appearance and behaviour (and attitudes), but they are NOT the same thing, and I for one, refuse to use them synonymously! Anyone with open eyes and aim for the truth should do the same.
edit on 13-6-2012 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoujikina

America's current predicament

What about the rest of the world? Do you really think that if you can get your country to work properly, that the rest of the world will magically be ok as well?

You Americans. Why are you so nationalistic and seem to think that there are two countries on planet Earth: "America" and "The rest of the world", most of which is "America" anyway?

You are talking like this isn't happening everywhere in the world, especially the western part. You are talking like there are no other countries (although you mention 'the world' and 'England').

Would you please give the flag-waving, ignorant nationalism a rest, and talk like a human being who lives on the same planet with the rest of us? Or is that too much to ask?

By the way, "Liberty" means "Freedom from government tyranny". Did you know that?

Sorry for ranting, but I am sick and tired of the typical American attitude, where America is the nexus of the Universe, and the other countries are barely mentioned as a sidenote. If someone wants to talk about western women, for example, they come up with an acronym like "AW", which means "American Women" - and they expect the rest of the world to use the acronym as well, because "You know, it's basically the same thing as 'western women'"..

Sheesh. The arrogance. American women and western women are very similar in appearance and behaviour (and attitudes), but they are NOT the same thing, and I for one, refuse to use them synonymously! Anyone with open eyes and aim for the truth should do the same.
edit on 13-6-2012 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

I'm not talking to the world....

I'm talking to my fellow Americans...

Would it be better if I explicitly state that???

England has NEVER been a free nation, so I'm sorry if you're ass hurt that I called out your country...

Fixing England would take a hell of a lot more than America, especially considering you guys have already forfeited your arms...

If it comes down to it here in America, we have more arms in the hands of the people than any where in the world...

I'm hoping to be able to use the structure of our government to avoid letting it come to that...

So, yes, you should stand up and demand your rights to not be infringed too!!!!

But this thread was directed at Americans...

Jaden

new topics

top topics

join