It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it good to be a ladies man? Pros and Cons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Whenever I walk around I see many people saying that I should be a ladies man. When I ask why they responded that I the have potential to be one. For many years I pondered why people would say such a thing after all I don't have the ambition to get even one girl. Finally, I talk to my grandma about this and she told me that my great grandfather was a playboy. I was surprised at first but then the weird thing is for some reason I made a connection to my current situation. What I am meant to be a ladies man? Because my grandma mentioned the reason why people are saying it because I probably look like my great grandpa when he is younger.

I pondered about this for a while.

However, the kind of relaionship I have in mind is the type were I can have a longer healthy lasting relationship.

So what are benefits of being a ladies man?

What are the Cons?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Pros: Lots of women. Cons: Lots of problems.
edit on 19-5-2012 by smokeythabear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
If you want a serious relatinship, you don't want to be a ladies man. If you want to risk sexually transmitted diseases and empty relationships, you'll be a ladies man.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
There is no benefits to being a "ladies" man, it just makes you look like a tool.

Just be a man IMO, and the *right* women will come to you.

So much Misandry these days that people don't understand, yet it's all around you.

~Tenth

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
About 5 years ago, I dated a self-proclaimed Ladies' Man for about 5 months. When I found out he wanted me to be his every other weekend Lady, and other Ladies had their assigned time slots, I ended that right fast.

If you want to be viewed as a shallow, self-centered player....by all means, be a Ladies' Man....

You might end up like the man I dated, pushing 60, and wondering why such a catch like him, is still alone.

Des

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If everyone could have an (incurable) STD for a day I think more people would choose to have sex less often and or find a real partner. The fact of the matter is you never know whos got what, some wont tell you and others dont know themselves, so if you go around #ing people left and right the amount of people youve actually come into contact with is enormous, factoring in those your partners have been with. Also sexual relationships usually dont last anyways so you'll be stuck, alone afterwards.
Anyways just my opinion, find a good woman and be with her if you want to have sex, or go out and get drunk find a bitch and hope youre life doesnt get screwed over.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Don't be a ladies man if you don't want to be a jerk....... Do the pros outweigh the cons, as a late teenager I would say yes, as the adult I am now I would say no....... I've been there and luckily I grew out of it and that's something a lot of people don't know how to do.... Just be careful walking down that path though, you might not like what you become.....

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Don't be a ladies man, be your own man.
Do what feels natural to you, have a conscious and live life.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Nothing good about it except getting some action from whover, whenever.aybe you'll get some cash if you do it right.
The bad thing is, LOTS of people have HIV. A lot more people have HIV than you can even imagine along with a host of other STDs. Just ask a cop if you know one or a jailer how many people are diseased. It's nasty. I hate to even shake hands with people cuz of how bad it is.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well, I consider myself a bit of a ladies man when using this definition: (urban dictionary)
A man whom the ladies love, easy to talk to, or love being around. A man who has their respect and doesn't kiss and tell.

Most of my friends are woman; not because I'm playing some kind of game, but because I respect and love woman, their sensitivity, their altruism, their beauty.

Cons: Males get defensive
edit on 19-5-2012 by oniris because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I find it BIZARRE someone has to choose who they will be or choose a persona. Is anyone just themselves anymore???

I dated a lot and met more than one "ladies man".. theyre usually shallow and incapable of seeing anything or anyone else deeper than the surface. Usually arent good conversationalists either. They dont have a healthy ego or good level of confidence because they get their confidence by "bagging women" and then bragging. This type is just plain ol annoying IMO.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
There is more than one definition of a ladies man, you can be the jerkwad that goes for a high notch count but thats not the only way. I always have, and still do consider myself a ladies man because I keep myself in shape and always am polite, and charming to ladies such as my partners friends, work collegues, and in social settings generally. My girlfriend likes those qualities about me because she is very proud to be the partner of a (her words) an alpha male, and she would not consider settling for anything less.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The following is from my education and social observations:

First off, we need to bring in an evolutionary/biological view.

Men have unlimited amounts of sperm for they are continuously being produced while Women have a limited amount of eggs that are continuously lost with each passing month. Now, imagine this scenario before modern man came to be. If a woman becomes pregnant by a certain male, she is out of the mating game for 9 months. That same male that impregnated the first woman can now move on and spread his DNA with as many other females as his phenotype allows. With this being said, wouldn't you think a female would be more selective about which male she is to mate with? Even though the female is pregnant, she doesn't want to be carrying "junk" DNA from a less than satisfactory male.

Now, how one guy (a playboy) can get with tons of woman even though he is considered a jerk, a-hole, heartless (insert word), etc, etc. Well, I've observed two scenarios. 1) Seeing how a woman is naturally bred to be very selective of her mate, there can come the mentality "if they (other women) all like him, he must be a must-have item and be a great (potential) mate"; thus, popularity is formed. If you are considered good looking to a particular group or culture, this will tend to help with your popularity. 2) Guys who are considered adventurous, rebels, mischievous, etc are always considered more desirable when a woman is ovulating. These men are considered better future fathers and more dependable relationship partners... Go figure (Source). If you look around your work setting and/or travel deep into your old grade-school memories, I'm sure you can find an example or two.

Now regardless if you are a man or woman, if you are between the ages of 18-25 and do not have your life in full order yet, I suggest you "play" as much as you can. If it is not you who breaks their heart, it will just be somebody else who does. If you are between the ages of 22-120 who has their life in full order or is close to having some sort of stable career, drop the games and actually try to find a suitable partner whether you believe in monogamy or polygamy.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Time and a place for everything...

If you're at a time and place where you want a serious relationship though...doesn't sound like the ladies man option would be very fulfilling for you.

You're probably a good looking guy that projects confidence, so of course, it's a natural assumption you may be a player, even if you aren't. No worries. Use that confidence to check around and look for Ms. Right, but keep in mind she may be in disguise as Ms. Right Now...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Become a "ladies man" by getting to know women. That's my advice because that's my definition of one. You don't have to sleep with hundreds of them though. In this day and age that can be kind of deadly, or at the very least make you "damaged goods" that a good girl won't want for obvious reasons. I got lucky. I had my fun, learned a bit about women in the process and am still as clean as a whistle.

You say you want a long lasting relationship with the right one. It's a lot easier to find her when you know how to read women and that only comes with experience. Sometimes you have to see things in her that she can't see herself. Sometimes a woman isn't going to commit unless they know that you "get her", and you're not going to do that if you can't bring that "hidden" part of her out. And the only way you're going to see it is if you both were meant to be together in the first place. It's something you can't fake and it's something no one else can make.

You have to remember too that the right one might come along when you least expect it. When you're not even looking for her.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Time and a place for everything...

If you're at a time and place where you want a serious relationship though...doesn't sound like the ladies man option would be very fulfilling for you.

You're probably a good looking guy that projects confidence, so of course, it's a natural assumption you may be a player, even if you aren't. No worries. Use that confidence to check around and look for Ms. Right, but keep in mind she may be in disguise as Ms. Right Now...

You may have a 'charisma' to you, a particular personality. You do not need to be a 'ladies man' if you don't want to.

You might consider that the traits you may have might work well for a career in sales or public relations.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

I am not one, but sometimes I "play" one, just to see whats up. And I have found out that the whole thing is a play, and generally females are attracted to the dudes who other females are attracted to. That is, its like some sort of group mentality I suppose its a survival trait that women have, you know to go for the whole alpha male thing.

And from all that I seen, I would say that yes the undoubtedly "ladies men" get all the women and then some, and especially the ones who say they would never go for that. Its like natural instinct for them, most females are attracted to that like flies to the light at night it seems. All the "good guys" whatever that means I seen almost always never got anywhere with the ladies, and all the playboys I seen always have the ladies falling over themselves.

And if its one thing I learned is that like politicians women folk say one thing while they do another. So ya bro there is a reason why you grandma told you that your grandpa was a playboy. She was keeping it real, I suppose at her age bull#ing you on this subject serves no purpose, but if she were younger. I think she would be telling you a different story.

edit on 2-6-2012 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

top topics

join