It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your thoughts on Kabbalah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Is it some mumbo jumbo or is there something to it?

What do you know about Kabbalah, is Kabbalah the truth, why or why not?

"Kabbalah, also spelled Kabala or Cabala (Hebrew: קַבָּלָה‎ literally "receiving"), is a esoteric method, discipline and school of thought. Its definition varies according to the tradition and aims of those following it,[1] from its religious origin as an integral part of Judaism, to Christian, New Age, or Occultist syncretic adaptions. Kabbalah is a set of esoteric teachings meant to explain the relationship between an unchanging, eternal and mysterious Ein Sof (no end) and the mortal and finite universe (his creation). While it is heavily used by some denominations, it is not a religious denomination in itself. Inside Judaism, it forms the foundations of mystical religious interpretation. Outside Judaism, its scriptures are read outside the traditional canons of organised religion. Kabbalah seeks to define the nature of the universe and the human being, the nature and purpose of existence, and various other ontological questions. It also presents methods to aid understanding of these concepts and to thereby attain spiritual realisation.

Kabbalah originally developed entirely within the realm of Jewish thought and kabbalists often use classical Jewish sources to explain and demonstrate its esoteric teachings. These teachings are thus held by followers in Judaism to define the inner meaning of both the Hebrew Bible and traditional Rabbinic literature, their formerly concealed transmitted dimension, as well as to explain the significance of Jewish religious observances.[2]

Traditional practitioners believe its earliest origins pre-date world religions, forming the primordial blueprint for Creation's philosophies, religions, sciences, arts and political systems.[3] Historically, Kabbalah emerged, after earlier forms of Jewish mysticism, in 12th-13th century Southern France and Spain, becoming reinterpreted in the Jewish mystical renaissance of 16th century Ottoman Palestine. It was popularised in the form of Hasidic Judaism from the 18th century onwards. 20th century interest in Kabbalah has inspired cross-denominational Jewish renewal and contributed to wider non-Jewish contemporary spirituality, as well as engaging its flourishing emergence and historical re-emphasis through newly established academic investigation." - Wikipedia

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Mainstream orthodox Jews regard the Babylonian Talmud as more important than the Torah.

This evil text is a tool of the enemy and is written in accordance with Luciferian elitist doctrine.

Kabbalah, as well, was born out of Babylon into "Jewish" mysticism.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
You have described my understanding of it. I found this video a couple of months ago. It's been the missing puzzle piece in my opinion. www.youtube.com... It links the celebs and elite to the anti-christ-American-sheeple leader LOL. Also, celebs and the government have a hidden agenda. Those who are famous have sold their souls to the devil in the bible God talks about Satans influences which is anything man made. Entertainment is intended to distract Americans from reality, and secrets. They make politics so boring, uninteresting, and confusing that people choose not to get involved and that's why we are where we are.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I studied Kabbala many, many years ago.

As I understand it, it is map that encodes the "As above, So below" into infinity. It is a map of the physical life experience as well as the stations of order, that god created, designating the correct places/abodes of all angels, including the fallen, and their assigned places and duties, as taught by Enoch.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

What were its origins, how can we know its not man-made?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

I'm really not sure, and I am no expert in this field, but I'm pretty sure no one can tell you it's actual origins. But the way I studied it, it's a code from the books of Moses and also includes the teachings from the Book of Enoch.

Enoch, of course, was removed from the bible because both the Christians and Jews were concerned with an emphasis on angelic figures distracting followers from God. They wanted to discourage "angel worship" and "demon worship."

Have you read the Book of Enoch? It's imperative to the study of Kabbala.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I don't think you were replying to me BUT I'll try and answer.. I don't have a reference or know of a source buy my assumption has always been that if there are Jesus worshippers, then their are Satan worshippers regardless of the "name" it's been given. I do know Kabahala does date back very far, just don't know how far.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

I'm really not sure, and I am no expert in this field, but I'm pretty sure no one can tell you it's actual origins. But the way I studied it, it's a code from the books of Moses and also includes the teachings from the Book of Enoch.

Enoch, of course, was removed from the bible because both the Christians and Jews were concerned with an emphasis on angelic figures distracting followers from God. They wanted to discourage "angel worship" and "demon worship."

Have you read the Book of Enoch? It's imperative to the study of Kabbala.

I have read it, but didn't quite understand it..

(kabbalahsecrets.com...)

The followers say the Zohar/knowledge was given by an angel/God whilst the critics obviously say it's manmade. I guess it's the same as wit hthe Bible and Quran. I think we have to be taught by a real Kabbalist in order to really understand what is Kabbalah and know Hebrew and/or the Torah. I wish I could get to the truth of the matter without putting in too much work. I think usualy what's complex and ambigious like Zohar/Kabbalah may not be true... Hmm

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

www.meru.org...
www.meru.org...

I just got off the phone with my sister, who asked me about this guy, Stan Tenen. I forgot about his stuff, I think you might enjoy it.

He is an amazing genius, when it comes to Jewish mysticism and the Kabbala and such. Kabbala is all about the Hebrew alphabet, and the Hebrew alphabet is the Torah.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

This is interesting, in the Hindu readings I was checking out earlier I learned that the soul is "timeless" while the universe has time.

In the Vishnu Purana there is a mythological story about sage Narada asking Lord Vishnu to tell why people are deluded into living in profane time when all along they could function in sacred time. Lord Vishnu offers to do so, but asks Narada, in the meantime, to fetch a cup of water. Narada goes to the nearest house and knocks on the door to ask for the water. A beautiful and attractive young woman opens the door. Narada is completely captivated by her charms, forgets about his fetching a cup of water for the Lord, forgets that he is avowed celibate; and he woos and wins her hand. They live together in a house after getting married and in due course two beautiful children arrive in successive years. While they are living in contentment, suddenly a flash flood engulfs their neighborhood and even their home. They have to try to escape as the flood rise and the current becomes stronger. It becomes so strong that one child, then the other, and finally his wife are swept away by the raging waters. Narada himself is barely able to maintain a precarious hold on a tree and is feeling terribly shocked by the tragedy that has befallen him. While waiting thus, he hears Lord Vishnu's call asking him "where is the cup of water" because he is still thirsty. Narada suddenly realizes that he was all the while standing on the firm ground and only a few moments had passed.

E.C.G. Sudarshan

new topics

top topics

join