It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs In Suns Orbit

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Somebody has already posted the relevant links .
Proof that my claims were FACT after all .

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Some artifacts are caused by defects in the cameras or optics used to take the images. The most noticeable example of a camera defect is shown below. This is a small fiber on the surface of the Charge-Coupled Device (CCD) camera for the COR2 telescope on STEREO Ahead. The total length of the fiber is just 1 millimeter. It has been there since launch. Most likely this fiber came off of one of the clean room wipes used during the assembly of the camera. Even though the material of the wipes is selected to shed as few particles as possible, the occasional particle does end up inside the instrument.

Close up image of a small fiber on the surface of the CCD camera for COR2 on STEREO Ahead. Click on the image to see the location on the detector.

The position of this fiber on the detector is fixed, and always shows up in the same position in the raw images. However, the processed images on the website include a correction for the spacecraft roll angle so that solar north always points straight up. This causes the position of the fiber to change slightly over the course of the year, or whenever there's a spacecraft roll maneuver.

NASA Linky

As for the little bolid sliding away, well, I guess it could indeed be called unidentified.

edit on 19-5-2012 by Flother because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Flother

Huge UFO Near Sun?, page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread538697/pg1

Giant UFO and Anomilies Around SUN, page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread818438/pg1

Sun UFOs Have Been Identified! The mystery solved!, page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread840113/pg1

UFO Spaceship Orbiting the Sun, or a Camera Glitch? I cannot use ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread834381/pg1

Video from 1st thread has been removed. Video from 3rd thread has been removed. The remaining 2 do not show the same thing as in the video posted in this thread.

What I want to know is what is that thing coming from the larger object (which I am aware is an artifact). I've never seen another video which shows that thing shooting away from the Sun.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

You do know the Stereo images are taken at intervals . right ?
With that in mind , don't you think it's a little odd to see an image moving smoothly away from the sun ?

Probably why you haven't seen it before and are not likely too again

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
As far as I'm aware these SOHO movies are time lapsed so without being able to see the counter we don't know how long it takes the object to move from point A to point B , neither do we know its proximity to the Sun .... could it be a Planet maybe ?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
As far as I'm aware these SOHO movies are time lapsed so without being able to see the counter we don't know how long it takes the object to move from point A to point B , neither do we know its proximity to the Sun .... could it be a Planet maybe ?

Looks like the video maker stripped out all the information needed to identity the object.
Wonder why?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Flother

(...)

What I want to know is what is that thing coming from the larger object (which I am aware is an artifact). I've never seen another video which shows that thing shooting away from the Sun.

At least what the opening YT vid presents as a "Possible Solar Planet Ship Approx 3x size of the Earth" is cleared up for what it is : a 1mm fiber.

However I think i've already answered your question in my answer addressed to TTTP : unidentified. To be more exact, my guess is that we're facing an U.T. : Unidentified Thing. Could be a Fake, a Moovin'Moon, some Cosmic Orb, - or, just like member AsuspiciousMANappears has put it on page 1 :

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears

"(...) a z32 sport edition ufo with tinted windows 20 inch beams...probably a rich reptilian kid."

edit on 19-5-2012 by Flother because: link to ASMA's brilliant piece of insight

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

too many threads about this.... old busted news.... look on the site before flooding our time with been done and busted and researched already..... If you got that much time (obviously) find a different video/pic to support any theory you might have.... but again.... research and post something original and unique to/for us to play and theroise with.... this thread should be locked and stored under " what were you thinking" file called "recycle bin" sorry but just wasted 1:56 sec of my beloved time and not to mention the spell check on what nonsense I'm typing just to waist a equal or close to amount of time I took to watch and reply chug a beer get courage and type it up in a ball of WTF? so with that please give us some good stuff to rummage threw and with luck not waist as much time as i did just now 8-)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sacraficiallamb

You just wasted your time by typing that long message, why would you waste more time then the 1.56m video?;p

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flother
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Some artifacts are caused by defects in the cameras or optics used to take the images. The most noticeable example of a camera defect is shown below. This is a small fiber on the surface of the Charge-Coupled Device (CCD) camera for the COR2 telescope on STEREO Ahead. The total length of the fiber is just 1 millimeter. It has been there since launch. Most likely this fiber came off of one of the clean room wipes used during the assembly of the camera. Even though the material of the wipes is selected to shed as few particles as possible, the occasional particle does end up inside the instrument.

Close up image of a small fiber on the surface of the CCD camera for COR2 on STEREO Ahead. Click on the image to see the location on the detector.

The position of this fiber on the detector is fixed, and always shows up in the same position in the raw images. However, the processed images on the website include a correction for the spacecraft roll angle so that solar north always points straight up. This causes the position of the fiber to change slightly over the course of the year, or whenever there's a spacecraft roll maneuver.

NASA Linky

As for the little bolid sliding away, well, I guess it could indeed be called unidentified.

edit on 19-5-2012 by Flother because: (no reason given)

Gotta love the background sound track though...

Here is the question that nobody is asking: Where did the "fiber thread" come from? How did it get there? And, why hasn't it been seen before in previous snaps?

Yes, there is solar wind. But what are the odds of a "fiber thread" just miraculously landing on the CCD sensor? What are the odds of that?

Considering all of the advances that have been made in observing other earth-like planets, and taking into account the estimated 500 million starts in our galaxy, and 500 million galaxies like ours, I think the odds are in favor of this perhaps being something more than a "fiber thread" versus the odds of the fiber thread landing on the CCD in that particular spot.

Any mathematicians here want to do the calculation on the odds?

I am not giving the OP's video any validation. I am simply asking the mathematical odds of the official NASA explanation.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Here is the question that nobody is asking: Where did the "fiber thread" come from? How did it get there?

It's been asked and it's been answered, as a matter of fact the answer is in the quoted portion of your post.

And, why hasn't it been seen before in previous snaps?

It's been there. See HERE on Ahead COR2. I think the images begin 20061222.

Considering all of the advances that have been made in observing other earth-like planets, and taking into account the estimated 500 million starts in our galaxy, and 500 million galaxies like ours, I think the odds are in favor of this perhaps being something more than a "fiber thread" versus the odds of the fiber thread landing on the CCD in that particular spot.

I would think the odds are better that it's a fiber on the sensor than a craft that's been moving in perfect sync with STEREO A for five and a half years. The STEREO craft do orbit the Sun.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well, this has been fun and not a complete waste of time.

And I have a new type of alien craft to add to my list; to wit: "a "z32 sport edition ufo with tinted windows 20 inch beams."

Yay....

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
As much as anyone I would love to see a UFO,but to take anything serious from the youtube uploader I just can't do it and here is why....

and this one....

Not someone I would use as a good source.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Here is the question that nobody is asking: Where did the "fiber thread" come from? How did it get there? And, why hasn't it been seen before in previous snaps?

Do you have reading difficulties?

The total length of the fiber is just 1 millimeter. It has been there since launch. Most likely this fiber came off of one of the clean room wipes used during the assembly of the camera.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnprince
reply to post by AmazonOfArtemis

Have you got a link to where it has been discussed previously, because I'd like to see the conclusion...

Can we find out the source of this video?

I guess you are not big on research then ?

edit on 19-5-2012 by dawnprince because: (no reason given)

Not when I'm on my phone, no. But as someone else had mentioned, it would have been nice if you had backed up these 'facts' with links.
edit on 19-5-2012 by AmazonOfArtemis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

Here is the question that nobody is asking: Where did the "fiber thread" come from? How did it get there?

It's been asked and it's been answered, as a matter of fact the answer is in the quoted portion of your post.

And, why hasn't it been seen before in previous snaps?

It's been there. See HERE on Ahead COR2. I think the images begin 20061222.

I would think the odds are better that it's a fiber on the sensor than a craft that's been moving in perfect sync with STEREO A for five and a half years. The STEREO craft do orbit the Sun.

Then let me offer another question. I am not seeing it on the most recent pictures. What happened to it? And when did it disappear?

I am asking only because I am sure someone has already done the research, so share it with me please.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Do you have reading difficulties?

The total length of the fiber is just 1 millimeter. It has been there since launch. Most likely this fiber came off of one of the clean room wipes used during the assembly of the camera.

I wonder if someone lost their job over that error?

As usual, I have to question anything that NASA spews out.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Then let me offer another question. I am not seeing it on the most recent pictures. What happened to it? And when did it disappear?

I see it very clearly as of 5/17 at 11:24:00. That area becomes dark after that and I can't see it anymore. Check it out for yourself and see what you think. There's a lot to work with there. Have you tried the slideshow display yet?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I wonder if someone lost their job over that error?

Why? It's not a big deal.
It doesn't interfere with the purpose of the imager.

edit on 5/19/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I dont know much about anything, except how to be a Mum, and a good wifey so when I see stuff like this I tend not to read into it too much, I just look for the most logical answer, to me "IFF" that is a UFO I would say they are so far advanced that absolutly they would be using the sun,s energy as fuel. seems like the most logical answer, otherwise if it,s not a UFO then what could stand that kind of heat?...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join