It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddhist Artwork: Prophecy, Warning or Imagination?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Hi all,

Found this image from the wall of a Thai Buddhist temple and have tried my best to interpret the meaning behind a lot of the imagery. I can equate the image of 'Neo' to that of the Buddhist philosophy of Samsara (roughly the illusionary world that we exist in) but as for the rest, I am a little unsure.

A warning?

A prophecy?

An imaginative/figurative work of art?

The main bits that puzzle me are the pink "entities/UFO's" on the right next to the ISS, the (possible) reference to a solar flare/CME at the top (a fire breathing entity) and the image of a missile being caught mid flight by another entities tongue.

(sorry, don't know how to get the image to appear )

What gets my ATS juices flowing is a previous story regarding Tibetan monks predicting alien contact

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Though Tibetan and Thai Buddhist schools are quite different (one Mahayana the other mainly Thervada), this only leads me to be more intrigued!

So! Not to jump to outlandish conclusions, I ask ATS for its opinion! Mediocre artwork or a further Buddhist prediction on future contact?

What do you think?

P.S. The temple that this is found in is absolutely beautiful:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Enjoy!

CC

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Here you are:

The temple is beautiful, and strange. Especially the no-smoking/fiery logo thing...

As for Neo and the ISS...I really don't know what to say, East meets West.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
thats the space shuttle not a misile and i notice a podracer from the worst one of the star wars movie's in the botom left corner weird pic to be in a temple

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing the pics,the temple is one of the most beautiful ive ever seen. The picture in question is also very interesting. I see it depicting many a thread on ats & seems to roll them all into one big event
. Makes me want to do a bit more reading on these religions. Seems to be so many religions( old & new) are having a say one way or another on 2012.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CrazyCloud

done a google search and this same image but differnt version

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Well, then...what's this? Good find!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I don't know but I don't like the looks of the big explosion / splash in the Atlantic!

Looks pretty crazy I wonder what the story is on the second picture. At first I thought maybe it was a work in progress but now I think maybe it's an artist copying the original.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected
Thanks for sharing the pics,the temple is one of the most beautiful ive ever seen. The picture in question is also very interesting. I see it depicting many a thread on ats & seems to roll them all into one big event
. Makes me want to do a bit more reading on these religions. Seems to be so many religions( old & new) are having a say one way or another on 2012.

Yeah, I thought it covered a lot of discussion here on ATS, CME, asteroids, ufo/invasion, alternate realities etc. Maybe it is depicting mans attachment to doom threads! But it is pretty crazy when linked with other prophecies......

Good find with the second pic, seems to be the same piece of work and artist. Not that I am any kind of art critic!

CC

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

its from the temple there is also a batman and superman one think its just random art
www.feelguide.com... though the batman one isnt on that link

edit on 19-5-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

they some trippy pics for the temple

new topics

top topics

join