It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Smith Slaps Male Reporter Who Tries to Kiss Him at Moscow Premiere

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Im surprise this wasnt posted on ATS .. worth watching it lol

Funny video yes but was it appropriate to respond like that with a hard slap ? no
i like Will Smith .. made some great movies .. very funny guy and cool guy
but after watching this many will think .. is he homophobic ?
that will send the wrong message to all of his fans .. many will dislike him from now on

First he his in Public .. shouldnt go for violence if someone try to kiss him
an actors like this who is paid millions because people love him
should always prepare to be receive with more love then usual
especially when the actor does a public appearance to promote something

i think some body guard were fired after this .. just a though
edit on 5/19/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Being an actor don't mean dudes can kiss you on the mouth when your not acting.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by definity

Thats why i always shake hands for a guy
he should have done the same thing and not let him go to close to him in the first place

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Violence?

That was a simple "tap"....he didn't even smack the guy that hard....it was more of a "get the hell of me" kind of "smack" with the back of his hand, nonetheless...

I would have done the same thing....
I mean, he let the guy hug him and didn't even really seem to mind the first kiss on the cheek...watch the guy...he was all over him, grabbing him up trying to kiss and kiss him....and in the mouth! He doesn't know if the guy might have "had something" (none of us do)

I don't think it was inappropriate at all and has nothing to do with him being homophobic.....as a straight guy (that isn't homophobic) I would have the same reaction....

Live and let live but don't encroach on me...that is what I say....
This guy was encroaching on his personal space....the hug was fine...the first kiss on the cheek was fine...but the one aimed at his mouth and the other 4 or 5 attempts at both sides of his head....NOT appropriate at all, in my opinion...

Like Will said....."he's lucky I didn't sucker punch him"

I can not say I would have been so calm....I would have probably hit him with a closed fist....(but of course, some would find me to be a bit of an ass...lol)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
he should have done the same thing and not let him go to close to him in the first place

He was being nice to the guy.....overtly nice, in my opinion.....(seems to show good character and a good sense of humor to me)

Letting him hug him was one thing...but I am pretty sure he had no idea the guy was going to try to kiss him....in the mouth!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Not much of a slap, really. And fully justified... I'd have preferred a Big-Willy Style right-hook.

ETA: Doesn't this warrant a sexual-harrassment lawsuit? I mean, if that reporter were straight and tried kissing a girl like that...he'd probably be in trouble. Just sayin'
edit on 19-5-2012 by kalunom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
i would of done more than that.... buddy!!!!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

You're not being serious are you?

That's hardly a violent slap is it.

You can tell he was uncomfortable with the 'kiss' and more or less just tells the guy to behave.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by definity

I don't think he kissed him on the mouth, but I still agree with your statement. I don't know what the customs of the culture are in Moscow but there are a LOT of cultures who greet with a kiss on both cheeks, which is what it looked to me like he was doing. I think he could have handled himself a little better though.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakal26

I agree with your points of course
i wouldnt appreciate at all a guy coming kissing me like that
and push him away

but Will was in Public
i think he should had control himself
he already pushed the guy away .. no need to slap him like that
in front of hundred of cameras

Actors have a responsability to behave in public no mather what
and thats why they have body guards in those public event with barriers

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Good for Will!
One of the few actors I have any respect for.
Stars must have to put up with a lot of crap from fans and reporters.
Being kissed on the mouth shouldn't be one of them.
Try that on a cop and it's assault.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Nah your right, its a pussy back slap. or a bitch slap! Ka-POW! no harm no foul, put that bloke in his place tho! haha

Will Smith is a dude, he is never getting in trouble

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
OP are you delusional? The man tried to kiss him. And it wasn't even like it was something subtle. He ravaged him! Will Smith had to struggle out of his arms man. Any man deserves a slap if he steps out of line, I know you would slap a guy for stepping out of line, stop judging him by his fame, he's like us.

haha, it's good to see that Will still has that west Philadelphia in him

edit on 19-5-2012 by NewerBeing because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2012 by NewerBeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewerBeing
OP are you delusional? The man tried to kiss him. And it wasn't even like it was something subtle. He ravaged him! Will Smith had to struggle out of his arms man. Any man deserves a slap if he steps out of line, I know you would slap a guy for stepping out of line, stop judging him by his fame, he's like us.

1) Who are the clients ? The fans
2) Why is he so rich ? The fans
3) Actors are like ambassadors and should behave
4) You dont punch someone in the face when you work at promoting something
5) Will Smith is an inteligent and loving guy ... SHOULD HAVE KNOW BETTER

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Well...I just don't buy the "actors have a responsibility to 'behave' in public" all the time...

I still say he handled it very well...."better" than I would have....that is for sure.

Why is it that actors have this "responsibility"? They are not "gods" nor are they "superhuman" or anything of the sorts....just people who struck it rich by being talented (and or "selling their souls" sometimes and possibly.....not pointing out Will Smith in particular, just saying)

I say, when someone like Will does something "human" it makes them seem more "real" and not so much like some hollywood drone...bought and paid for to be a good little slave to the appeals of the people that, many times, worship them like they are "above the rest".....

Just saying....

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
That was nothing, Will pushed him off and gave him a little tap, nothing at all wrong with that, most people would of smacked him in the face.

What if someone tried to do that to Angolina Jolie? Or J-LO? Or Chuck Norris
There would be hell to pay!

Good on Will, just because he is a famous actor, doesn't mean he should have to take mouth rape at work.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakal26
reply to post by Ben81

Well...I just don't buy the "actors have a responsibility to 'behave' in public" all the time...

I still say he handled it very well...."better" than I would have....that is for sure.

Why is it that actors have this "responsibility"? They are not "gods" nor are they "superhuman" or anything of the sorts....just people who struck it rich by being talented (and or "selling their souls" sometimes and possibly.....not pointing out Will Smith in particular, just saying)

I say, when someone like Will does something "human" it makes them seem more "real" and not so much like some hollywood drone...bought and paid for to be a good little slave to the appeals of the people that, many times, worship them like they are "above the rest".....

Just saying....

Even if the guy punched Will in the face
it is not his job to retaliate especially not at a premiere ..
the body guards are paid to avoid such conflict
pretty sure he fired some body guards after that

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

it is not his job to retaliate especially not at a premiere ..
Oh, bullsh*t! If it had been a guy doing it to a woman, she could sue. If the woman had hit a guy or kneed him for doing the same thing, you would all be supporting her. Will had every right to give him a serious beat down imo.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
it is not his job to retaliate especially not at a premiere .

No man has the right to go up to another man and kiss him on the mouth.

Will Smith should have slapped him much harder.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Good on him. He's lucky it was just a slap.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join