It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there photographic proof of the Chupacabra...NO!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I've been meaning to do this for a while...

There have been many pics of the Chupacabra circulating aroung the internet. Many of them have been debunked here on ATS. I thought I would collect them here in one thread and give a breif summary of each.

OK, this first one shows the supposed head of a chupacabra.

It is a photoshopped image by a man named, Charlie White and can be found Here. It has also been refered to as the head of a reptilian alien.

This next example is the dried out remains of a dog. It may look exotic but, it's not.

Third on the list is another obvious photoshop job.

Here's the original...

Here are some pics of fake chupa statues of action figures or whatever...

This one's a cat skull.

Here's a drawing of a cats skull for comparison.

The now classic "photoshopped possom" pic.

And my personal fave...(Sorry for the bad res, it's the best one I could find.)

It's actually a sculpture from the Cheddar Showcaves & Gorge in Somerset, England. There is also a photoshopped version that has trees infront of the figure to make it appear as though it's in the jungle.

Now, I'm not saying that the chupacabra isn't real. There have been plenty of livestock mutilations and sightings to show that it could be real. I'm just saying that there hasn't been a credible picture taken of the creature. These are just the pics I found here, on ATS. There are others I have seen that also appear to be altered or flat out frauds (Sometimes a dried out dog is just a dried out dog).

I just thought I would post this as a reference for all you Chupa hunters out there. Keep searching and, if you find a new pic, post it.

-NTH

P.S. I would also like to thank all the members of ATS who found an debunked these photos. Good job. Deny ignorance!

[edit on 9/30/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

This one is a puppet that was used in a number of hollywood movies during the early 80's, I believe one of the films was called 'Demons' or 'Demon's Gate', it was a total Grade B flick, but I remeber of all the puppets that one was used in more than one film. It was about 2' high.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Thanks Chuck. I thought it looked like one of the critters from the movie "Critters". Thanks again.

tex

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I have run across this one before. Any ideas?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Here you go tex.

...hunting guide E.T. Hughey says he's sure it's a Muntjac (MOONT-jac) deer -- a small antelope-type animal.

He says some South Texas ranchers import them, and turn them loose on their property.

...According to the Rolling Hills Zoo in Kansas, "as Muntjacs mature, the upper canine teeth are elongated into 'tusks' that curve outward from the lips." Also, "Muntjac deer are sometimes known as the 'barking deer' because they will emit a barking sound to warn others of predators and to identify individuals." Some interesting canine comparisons.

The source...

Here's a link to a pic of the Muntjac's skull. Notice the pointy teeth. www.skullsite.co.uk...

It could also be a Mexican Hairless dog. www.hund.ch...

Or a coyote with mange... www.bjacked.net...

Here's an ATS thread about it, lots of theories here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm pretty sure it's not a Chupacabra.

[edit on 10/1/04 by NotTooHappy]

tex

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

SMR

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson

Actually it is from the movie 'Ghoulies',but they were also used in a number of other films.But I remember this one well,infact it was on last night!

Has anyone been able to find the footage that was posted a week or so ago?
I posted a screencap from the so called 'cabra' sighting.

Is this a screencap from the video?

SOURCE

[edit on 1-10-2004 by SMR]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
I posted a screencap from the so called 'cabra' sighting.

Is this a screencap from the video?

SOURCE

OMG?!?! Someone sighted a... a... wild and possibly furious and deadly stick???

At any rate, I doubt people have cameras where most sightings occur. Problem is that not only is the fake images very varied, the "true" eyewitness reports are that too.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Thanks SMR! I found a long article on it with pics, about 75% of the way down there is another pic of our little friend. It's part of a montage that keeps switching between different shots. Now I wonder how soon the other little Ghoulies are going to show up somewhere as Aliens.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
What I'm wondering is not whether or no the chupacabra exsists right now, but if these crazy people that came up with those photos would actually think people would buy it. I mean come on, it's almost pathetic how bad some of those pictures are. To use a cat's skull or a puppet and try to pass it off as the fabled Chupacabra is just absurd and their thinking is beyond me if they thought somehow they could pull it off.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthInWisdom
What I'm wondering is not whether or no the chupacabra exsists right now, but if these crazy people that came up with those photos would actually think people would buy it. I mean come on, it's almost pathetic how bad some of those pictures are. To use a cat's skull or a puppet and try to pass it off as the fabled Chupacabra is just absurd and their thinking is beyond me if they thought somehow they could pull it off.

Ignore the photos, we know that even if its real it will be blurry and inconclusive

[edit on 2-10-2004 by merka]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Here's the original...

[edit on 9/30/04 by NotTooHappy]

That's a deer. No doubt.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Merka, isn't this a fact that we all know way to well, lol. It seems like the only true photographic evidence is always taken in the worst conditions, by the worst camera man (Wink)*. Oh well.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Lol I've seen all of those on the internet and wondered how people actually believed they were real.Good Job.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka

OMG?!?! Someone sighted a... a... wild and possibly furious and deadly stick???

Nooooooo! NOT THE STICK!!!! ha ha ha

The first image totally cracks me up too. It looks like the young boys trying to squash the stick up the things nostril

Quality nose picker anyone?

[edit on 3-10-2004 by Seeking Soul]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm in possesion of a photo that might be a chupa, but i don't think it is. that and it was found in canada

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmatter
I'm in possesion of a photo that might be a chupa, but i don't think it is. that and it was found in canada

Well.. Post it then?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There's no photographic proof of...
Chupacabra
big foot
aliens ( the martian kind) lot's of proof of the others although the Obamma nathion can't seem to find any.
swamp monsters
UFO's
ghosts
giant squids
Howard Hughes... yet we still believe in them.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I have worked on many many cases of the Chup. No photos yet are real and groundbreaking IMO. The one that caused a stir in Texas was a dog/coyote DNA, I will continue to search and take cases, there IS something out there that will declared a new species soon.

top topics

join