It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flopbook.. I mean Facebook flop!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I dunno, they say it's a flop but that mongrel just got richer. how is that a failure.

They say facebook - the shining new starlet on the red carpet - tripped over and fell on her debut.

I am at a loss to see just how this thing can be such a money maker, that even when it flops, it wins. What is the magick. Did zuck sell his ginger soul to the red devil?? (Shh I'm the product of a red).. I find the entire thing an obnoxious intrusion. People say they use facebook to keep in contact with granny and the kids and old school friends.

That's what Email was for. That's what coffee shops are for. That's why we have legs.

Mothers killing their kids while on facebook. Kids bullying each other on facebook. People who bash old men with baseball bats updating their status on their mobile, to facebook.

What the hell is it all about? Is it the ease at which people just tell everyone they're having a cruddy day? Is it the spontaneous nature of telling everyone you're still up at 3am that invigorates like minded neadnerthalls to hoot in reply?

I really don't get it. And that gronk just got a billion dollars richer. A friggen billion.

It's not even a concept - it's not even something you would give to a homeless person. You cannot eat it. You certainly cannot have sex with it. Facebook.

People are paying for an idea. YOU ARE THE PRODUCT. You're the item being sold...

ohh it's dong my head in, how some smug theif can become so rich while little timmy and sally are being bullied into oblivion, as long as you can send granny that happy snap of you and wotserface having sex -- oops wrong pic granny, I mean, here is billy eating his bday cake.

Gah... YOU KIDS HAVE TURNED COMPUTERS INTO THE NEW TV. I miss the old days when it was only us nerds on computers, tieing up the phone with a 300 baud modem... it was fun then.

/rant -- or chat.. i cant tell anymore lol

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Yo!

Add me on facebook!

vvv

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
Yo!

Add me on facebook!

vvv

I'll add you on Winklevoss-Space, it's probably not as good as facebook, but if they had beat zuck, it'd be just as real

lol

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
like share comment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your friends are waiting for you to find them!
click here to find your friends!

i know what you mean buddy! face book is a crock for bored uninteresting people.
all those stupid games that are on there.don't people have anything better to do?
well i guess its all part of the mind control/dumbing down of the sheeple.
by the way,i didn't know my friends were 'lost',but its a good thing facebook can help me find them!!!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Dont like it? Dont use it.

/thread

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Well expressed, Mainish , Personally, I would like to see Facebook forcibly shut down. This won.t happen of course. The flotation represents the greed of the capitalist system at it,s worst , value out of nothing !. I,m going to get some flak for this, but it,s for shallow, impressionable, narcissistic, egotistical ( That enough ? ) people for whom walking around clutching a mobile phone. ( In case one of their equally shallow " friends " needs to contact them... ) isn,t enough.

At the very least, trashy websites like Facebook are corrupting our youth, creating a dependency on this sort of rubbish. They need to get a life... There,s a REAL world out there, where you can meet genuine, sincere people if they want to.....
OWW , wait for the flak....,
I suspect those who,ve bought Facebook shares may yet regret it. You can,t blame Mark Zuckerberg, he,s been clever enough to exploit the feckless and gullible. Good for him....

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
Dont like it? Dont use it.

/thread

Uhh talking about the market float fail?

Dont like it, dont post here. lol?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I haven't been on face book for 4 years lol When i told my friends they stole personal information from you all, they responded " who cares" and I have nothing to hide ect. Fast forward a couple of years where its public knowledge and they say they still have one but don't go on. All of them own smartphones now and when asked why i don't have one i laugh and begin talking about Facebook! I ask them did you just check in your location and pretend like I'm interested the response is magical they smile and say yeah and talk about how great their phone is
Its amazing even with all the evidence starring them in the face

join