It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PAYPAL - Judge, Jury and Executioner (the conclusion)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
In my previous thread titled I refused to disclose my annual income to PAYPAL and they froze my funds !, I attempted to describe the sequence of events that led to my new PayPal account becoming permanently closed and funds of $302 becoming frozen for a minimum period of 180 days (6 months).
This farcical situation eventuated before even a single transaction with PayPal had been fully completed.

So, the situation at the end of that thread was that:
(1) a buyer that was completely unknown to me but also resident here in Australia, now was in complete possession (purchased through eBay auction) of 300 gms of silver valued at $310.
(2) PayPal had accepted the buyers $310 transfer ... then proceeded to take their "cut" of approximately $8
(3) PayPal then proceeded to terminate my new account and withhold the remaining $302, effectively preventing me from transferring it to my personal bank account.
(4) despite multiple phone calls and emails from me requesting an explanation for PayPal's extraordinary actions, each one of my requests was summarily refused and dismissed.

Not content to abide by what I can only describe as nothing more than blatant and clear-cut CRIMINAL FRAUD perpetrated by PayPal, I decided to make one more final effort to somehow resolve this situation.

I sent PayPal another email in which I expressed my utter dismay at the way they mishandled this episode and particularly stressed the complete and total lack of empathy and non-existent communication that PayPal exhibited to myself ... a PayPal customer.

Here's the email I sent to PayPal (I had to break it into 3 parts to upload here) ...

You'd think that the above would have struck at the least, a small note of compassion from PayPal, and possibly opened up the opportunity for dialogue to resolve the situation in a way beneficial to PayPal and myself.

Here's the response I received from PayPal to the above email that was basically asking for a bit of compassion, flexibility and communication on their part:

Well, to put it crudely ... PayPal once again essentially told me to "lube up, bend over and smile ... as they shaft me long and hard" !

It's now abundantly and clearly obvious to me (and by now, should also be to you, too) that PayPal has become a company that simply doesn't give a sh*t regarding it's customers and their needs and concerns. PayPal have demonstrated that "their way is the ONLY way" and if that doesn't sit too well with a customer, then to friggin bad ! PayPal have now found a way to legalize FRAUD ... and get clean away with it !

PayPal seems to have completely forgotten that the ONLY REASON THEY EXIST is because of people like myself ... their customers !

PAYPAL are now JUDGE, JURY & EXECUTIONER

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I taste the iron in my blood when I read this.

I would be livid. Absolutely effing livid.

I sincerely hope you do get your money, and do not end up cutting your losses, because that is exactly what this scam of a company rely on.

You have my sympathy and respect for being as courteous as you have been to them... I've been a lot more terse with companies like this, who try to scam you while simply reiterating standard bot responses.

Saved me about $400 all up once, -- dodo isp, you swines -- but they can really put you over the edge with that standard garbage response.

good luck mate.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Mess with FeeBay or BadPal.....

You better have a big jug of lube.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
So you refused and or lied about your income to a credit based money exchange company, and now your angry?

+1 more 
posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
So you refused and or lied about your income to a credit based money exchange company, and now your angry?

How is it possible after all the details I've supplied that you ...STILL DON'T GET IT ???

Friggin amazing

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Not this again... Look when I had paypal they did not ask me squat about my earnings. NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS. They do not offer credit, they only act when a transaction has been put into effect. You don't get diddly out of them for nothing.

Every single time I've dealt with them, if the buyer did not submit the funds, there would be no transaction. In fact I had to submit funds once before the seller would send the item, justified by paypal.

They are not a bank. They are not a credit agency. They are a third party that deals with the financial side of things when dealing with Ebay.

He has every god damned right to be pissed off.

Are you selling ky jelly by any chance?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

How is it possible after all the details I've supplied that you ...STILL DON'T GET IT ???

Friggin amazing

Well PayPal doesn't seem to get why you seemingly where confused about your income either, so I don't feel bad about not getting it...

I am not a "pro" PayPal person but I have been using them for many years for many thousands of dollars in monitary exchange (of multiple currencies) and have never had any issues.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
It seems ridiculous to me mate, I can't grasp what their problem is. I would advise seeking some professional advise about your consumer rights. I'm in the UK so I can't really help you as obviously the legal proceedings are different here. But surely you have some protection against this type of thing. Try to google consumer rights groups in your country.

It doesn't matter what their agreement says to be honest, if it is not fair it will not stand in court. For instance you could not make a website and have in the small print that if you sign up you must work as a slave for the rest of your life!

It seems highly excessive for them to keep your money for 6 months! Without even conveying what their issue is! It seems very strange indeed! Have you tried to take the story to the papers?

Anyway good luck getting your money back.

Edit: Found this for you... consumer rights groups
edit on 19-5-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
yeah that sux

Reminded me of an experience I had with Telstra when I lived in Oz.

I had a phone and internet access but being a foreigner I had to put a few hundred down as deposit. When I knew what date I was leaving I asked for the disconnect and the refund to which they said they would mail it to me.

No problem on my end but months later I got a check that said "non-negotiable" which in the rest of the world doesn't mean non-transferable but non-negotiable.

People (corporations) will screw you any chance they get

sorry... it might even be that ebay closes before the 6 months or they expect tshtf to end your balance or maybe even they hope you will pass away in the interim... who knows. It does sound fishy when the gov has warned that after July 9th many computers won't be able to access the web due to a hack that they can't just shut down now or many businesses will be affected.

If I were you I would demand 6 months interest on it as I am sure they are collecting interest on it too..

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

In their reply, it states in option 1 that you can use the money to refund your buyers.. If you know someone with a paypal account you could refund the money to them..I'm not sure it would work, but worth a try. Good luck..

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Id have them up before a judge in a small claims court.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Well I wouldn't advise you to take legal action against them, they have the best lawyers and their terms and conditions are probably air tight. When you agreed to those conditions you essentially gave your soul to them, and legally there's nothing you can do about it, you wont win against them. The only thing you can do at this point is to wait 180 days and then get your money back. It is wrong of them to take your money like that and keep it for so long, probably making interest off of it and adding it to their financial records, but they have taken all the necessary steps to make sure they can screw you over like that and get away with it.

This is what happens when you get hardcore centralized monopolies that everyone relies on. A good example of why such centralization and monopolization is bad is Facebook... just imagine how much intel Facebook has about nearly everyone on the planet. Even if you aren't on Facebook it's likely that your friends and family are on there, and they have more than likely given Facebook info about you. When we give these organizations such power we are getting what we deserve when they turn around and use that power to shaft us. And this is why decentralization is supreme, more robust, more reliable and more trustworthy.

I'll say it once again: BITCOIN.
edit on 19-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

I'm a bit confused - non-negotiable means that the bank can only pay the money to the person named on the cheque?

Still your cash tho, you just can't get someone else to cash it in your name?

I'm money illiterate however, probably why I'm always skint, and I've had hassles writing my own signature at times from banks, who leer at me with sneaky eyes as if I'm some sort of scoundrel..

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I really nedd a dummies guide to bc. I've been through the hoops trying to grasp it, heck even had the client which was 'mining' for me, but... it took up more space on my system drive than I had room for, and the one transaction I had - from somone offering 1/8'th or something of a coin for visiting an affiliated website (likely a scam I iknow) he referred, never appeared.

How do you convert cash to this. and vice versa.

I am a visual person. I find reading things to explain them, does me more harm than good. I get confused by it. Show me what something looks like, I can recreate it. Explain it in a book, and I'm off with the faeries...

bitcoin.. right on the tip of my tongue..

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I sent you a PM, I don't want to take this thread too far off topic.

edit: for anyone else wanting more info check the bitcoin link in my signature.
edit on 19-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Was wondering how you'd got on OP, thanks for the update. Though I'd hoped you would've had your money back ,or at the very least a satisfactory answer.

I'm not sure of the costs involved (Whether it would be worth your while financially), but can't you subpena them as they advised & claim costs/damages?

Would love to see some precedents set with these greedy parasites.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

edit on 19-5-2012 by Flother because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Sending them an email with 3 sentences with a link to your first thread has probably a higher chance of doing the trick than anything.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic
No problem on my end but months later I got a check that said "non-negotiable" which in the rest of the world doesn't mean non-transferable but non-negotiable..

Actually it is a world standard that simply means the cheque must be paid into the bank account of the name on it
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Find out what state they are head quartered in and file a complaint with that states attorney generals office. They are usually good about contacting the company and helping resolve the issue. If paypal gets contacted by them they will take notice.

Edit: www.corporateofficeheadquarters.com...
edit on 19-5-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join