It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL Lobbys Washington For Drone Planes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

NFL Spends On Washington Lobbyists For Drone Planes

www.thepostgame.com

Interestingly, the National Football League led the way among sports lobby groups with more $1.6 million spent in 2011 on internal lobbyists and four outside lobby shops.

Furthermore, the NFL concentrated on the Federal Aviation Administration to reauthorize the use of drones in U.S. airspace. Unmanned aircraft did fly over Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis as the Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl (for security reasons).
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 19-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Are you kidding me? The NFL lobbying to secure UN-maned drones over stadiums for security purposes? What could a drone see that a blimp couldn't?

Major League Baseball spent $520,000 in 2011 on lobbying

The NBA spent $85,000 on lobbyists

NHL stays away from Capitol Hill, spending less than $5,000 to gain political favor in the past year

The popular mixed martial arts organization spent $410,000 on lobbying

During the first quarter of 2012, the UFC has spent $110k on lobbying

So, we have all these corporations, the military industrial complex, foreign governments, banks, and SPORTS TEAMS lobbying our government.

This is a shame to the USA. Get MONEY out of politics as son as possible.

www.thepostgame.com

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Just curious, why the jump in '07? The only political thing I remember is that the Democrats took control of Congress that January.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Election times would be my guess.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I don't know they lobby over stupid things like this as well, so maybe this is why?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Just curious, why the jump in '07? The only political thing I remember is that the Democrats took control of Congress that January.

Roger Goodell became league Commissioner in August 2006, so I'd say he's the reason for the spike

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
First I disliked pro sports for the amounts of money being made and how much they charge for tickets.
Now this.
They only understand one language - money.
Boycott if you don't like this.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
What do they need to lobby a drone for?

Isn't the TSA already doing pat downs and high profile sporting events?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Professional sports are businesses. Why shouldn't they lobby government for favourable labour laws, just like other business?

People may not like sports because of the amount of money the players and owners receive. I think that is wrong. I maintain that pro sports does more to redistribute wealth than any other sector. I am never sad when I hear of some player signing a huge contract.

If you look at where most pro athletes come from, it is by and large from the poorer demographic, especially in America. Would they be making millions of dollars a year if they had to join the regular work force? Highly doubtful. Most would be making minimum wage, unemployed, or worse; in gangs and jails.

Then, when a person makes it big in sports, in so many cases they bring that wealth back into their poor neighbourhoods. Supporting charities, building sportsfields, scholarships for other inner city youth, whatever. His paycheque brings many spin off benefits for the poor of his community.

Do the Ivy League educated bankers and politicians do this? Maybe some do, but not on the scale of the pro athlete.

So don't hate on pro sports just because of the amount of money involved. Without them even more wealth would be concentrated in the hands of 'privileged' class.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Did you miss the whole drone part of the article? That is what it was about, and that is what I have the issue with. I don't like drones

Furthermore, the NFL concentrated on the Federal Aviation Administration to reauthorize the use of drones in U.S. airspace. Unmanned aircraft did fly over Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis as the Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl (for security reasons).

edit on 19-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

No, but it's nothing new. As it said there were already drones in use. I was just commenting on the earlier comment. Sorry if you feel it impinges on your thread.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

The NDAA act was nothing new compared to the Patriot act, bu I'm still going to complain about it.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It's odd that two of my favorite rappers Tyler, the Creator and Danny Brown are here talking about lobbying.

Anyhow, I find it strange that in America, a place where there are very few sports riots, they are ramping up security, while in England they are ending the police presence at sporting events.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Are you kidding me? The NFL lobbying to secure UN-maned drones over stadiums for security purposes? What could a drone see that a blimp couldn't?

Major League Baseball spent $520,000 in 2011 on lobbying

The NBA spent $85,000 on lobbyists

NHL stays away from Capitol Hill, spending less than $5,000 to gain political favor in the past year

The popular mixed martial arts organization spent $410,000 on lobbying

During the first quarter of 2012, the UFC has spent $110k on lobbying

So, we have all these corporations, the military industrial complex, foreign governments, banks, and SPORTS TEAMS lobbying our government.

This is a shame to the USA. Get MONEY out of politics as son as possible.

www.thepostgame.com

MLB lobbied for tougher copyright laws due to their anal viewing restrictions
MMA/UFC lobbied because of states beginning to castrate and outright ban the sport
NFL and NBA most likely lobbied for zoning and planning rights for stadiums and NCAA related matters.

As shady as lobbying deals usually are, Not everything is an NWO conspiracy.
The numbers quoted here are miniscule in US Lobbying terms.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mart0

I didn't say it was an NWO conspiracy theory, I DON'T LIKE DRONES or money in politics. Where ever did I imply it was something to do with the NWO?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

Well you have good taste

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

It's a sad day when you have to pay people to let them pull or put rules in place so as your favorite sport or game will flourish....It has been a long sad state of affairs on planet earth for a while now though, so its nothing new.

# the whole lobbying thing is more entertaining to watch then most of the sports people watch. Watch in the future the lobbyists will lobby for there right to keep lobbying. Srry I think playing football is alright, but watching it, its a bit on the boring side, in fact I find watching most sports not my thing and I never got the whole thing.

Cant comment on the whole drone thing, but I am sure a drone flying overhead doing all kinds of mysterious things over that many concentrations of people could be of many more uses other then data gathering, hey to get people to accept it all they have to do is just paint them a cool color, then ad some pizza adds or something like they do on the blimps, and its all good.

The eyes in the sky.
Nothing new.

new topics

top topics

join