It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life feels like a script

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I wanted to share my rant regadless of the lack of quality...I'm still struggling to write, sorry for the lack of skill.

Lately this feels like a script from a fiction movie
We are all being mixed into a controlled smoothie
I have trouble understanding the desire for power
It's not that I wish to submit, follow or cower
It's that I have no need to control, dominate or obtain
I feel my message is invalid as most disagree and perhaps my utterance is in vain
I'm able to enjoy life without power or money
For some...perhaps that is funny?
Maybe I'm wrong and missing the point
I'm sorry to those capatialists I do disappoint
I can't control the fact that I enjoy the waves in a lake
More than those created by a giant IPO intake
Call me lazy, call me crazy, call me wrong
I don't really care because inside I'm strong
I know what I need to continue
Do you know or are you still trying to accrue?
I can be alone with my thoughts and be happy
You want more than you need making your life crappy
Seem to always seek the next level
Regardless of causalities, your monetary worth you revel
Stop looking for something to blame or praise outside
Instead look at how it fits with you and see everything collide

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I feel like it's a script and set up too. Always the same people that I have problems with. No one else. It's like it feels someone's paying them to fly off the handle over stupid petty things.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I respect and appreciate your genuine feelings, and the effort you put forth to display them. My own journey ultimately lead me to shared perspectives, however it was first began through Machiavelli's The Prince, Sun Tzu's The Art of War in addition to the works of John Locke and Adam Smith, the list goes on. I began recognizing the causes of human suffering within them, however it took the Tao Te Ching and Buddhism to mend my callused outlook on life.
I'm fortunate enough to say because of my stedfasat search for absolute truths, I can now apply my knowledge in a primarily Machiavellian world.
Within Western society individuals have a wealth of opportunities to translate their beliefs into social relevance. I myself am well on my way to becoming a politican, a selfless leader with unwavering convictions in the betterment of individuals. However, my path is but an example, as the works of many non-profit organizations parallel my own social aspirations.
In the words of the Tao Te Ching, "The Master concerns himself with the depths and not the surface,with the fruit and not the flower., He has no will of his own. He dwells in reality,and lets all illusions go."
If we Dwell in the reality of these outlets, and simply reflect these beliefs in our own conduct, the truth and logic within our messages will dismiss all fear and ignorance.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by nickendres
I respect and appreciate your genuine feelings, and the effort you put forth to display them. My own journey ultimately lead me to shared perspectives, however it was first began through Machiavelli's The Prince, Sun Tzu's The Art of War in addition to the works of John Locke and Adam Smith, the list goes on. I began recognizing the causes of human suffering within them, however it took the Tao Te Ching and Buddhism to mend my callused outlook on life.
I'm fortunate enough to say because of my stedfasat search for absolute truths, I can now apply my knowledge in a primarily Machiavellian world.
Within Western society individuals have a wealth of opportunities to translate their beliefs into social relevance. I myself am well on my way to becoming a politican, a selfless leader with unwavering convictions in the betterment of individuals. However, my path is but an example, as the works of many non-profit organizations parallel my own social aspirations.
In the words of the Tao Te Ching, "The Master concerns himself with the depths and not the surface,with the fruit and not the flower., He has no will of his own. He dwells in reality,and lets all illusions go."
If we Dwell in the reality of these outlets, and simply reflect these beliefs in our own conduct, the truth and logic within our messages will dismiss all fear and ignorance.

I respect and appreciate ur comment...good luck sir, hasn't changed much in many many years...

hope this isn't you someday...hopefully they see the the truth before this...Thank you for your comment...

edit on 19-5-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Haha I can empathize with that man. I believe I'm good at Machiavellian politics, and can often move a discussion in my favor through my larger argument, but the conduct in which I do so is what defines me. I'm a student of human history, and above all a humanist. I admire so many different world views, and I honestly don't let ignorance dictate my life. The last thing I concern my time with is failing, because if I'm alive than that means I was given another day to better myself as a man. Collective Knowledge is increasing at exponential rates in world society, and an individual's message alone can influence so much of the world we see around us. I'm fortunate to have the opportunity to advocate my beliefs in meaningful social outlets, and I do so thoughtfully.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nickendres
Haha I can empathize with that man. I believe I'm good at Machiavellian politics, and can often move a discussion in my favor through my larger argument, but the conduct in which I do so is what defines me. I'm a student of human history, and above all a humanist. I admire so many different world views, and I honestly don't let ignorance dictate my life. The last thing I concern my time with is failing, because if I'm alive than that means I was given another day to better myself as a man. Collective Knowledge is increasing at exponential rates in world society, and an individual's message alone can influence so much of the world we see around us. I'm fortunate to have the opportunity to advocate my beliefs in meaningful social outlets, and I do so thoughtfully.

Rather than asking yourself "if", ask yourself "why"? Why are you trying to shift topic in your favour? It's not a matter of "if", it's a matter of "why"...a matter of "purpose" rather than "ability".

I see no need, I feel no need...I fail to understand the drive for power or the drive for money and I fully admit I'm probably wrong in my mindset but it is what it is and that's who I am. Good luck on your path sir.

new topics

top topics

join