It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Kokesh - How Ron Paul Can Still Win

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Okay.. first off, and let me be clear: Anti-Paul trolls needn't read any further. This thread is not meant to incite any discussion about Ron Paul's policies, the mental state of his supporters, or (necessarily) even his chances at becoming president.This is simply a video attempting to raise awareness about strategy. Consider it a private meeting amongst Paul supporters and your input is neither needed nor welcome.

The video is from Adam Kokesh, formerly of RT News, in response to the recent discussion surrounding Ron Paul's campaign and, in particular, statements released by campaign manager Jesse Benton. It talks about the RNC's rule 38, which states that no delegates are bound to vote for any particular candidate. Adam also gives the brief backstory of this rule, which I quite enjoyed.

I think Adam is dead-on with this, and I dig his passion.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

I find that interesting that a Romney supporter is the one who pushed for Rule 38, and Romney's Lawyers actually supported that new rule. Whatever happens, its going to be a wild year.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

I find that interesting that a Romney supporter is the one who pushed for Rule 38, and Romney's Lawyers actually supported that new rule. Whatever happens, its going to be a wild year.

Agreed. I find that quite ironic. I was listening to this video while driving home and I literally laughed out loud when I heard him say that.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Please make sure you understand Rule 38, preferably by reading it, before you pin your hopes on it. Swann has been at least partially debunked on this. Please note that Rules 15 and 16 discuss the binding of delegates, so don't be surprised when it happens.

Why have the campaign managers that Kokesh sees as traitors not been removed? Are they doing what Paul wants? If they're not, shouldn't he have fired them? Are they blackmailing him to keep their jobs? Is Paul too weak to fire traitors? Or, perhaps, Kokesh is wrong.

Since the conventions get huge publicity, will there be Ron Paul demonstrations at the DNC? Just trying to help with your strategy.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
There are no private meetings in a public forum, so I am crashing right in and you can kiss my hiney.

He cannot win.

There you can adjourn your meeting now.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ben Swann says it best.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
There are no private meetings in a public forum, so I am crashing right in and you can kiss my hiney.

He cannot win.

Question...

What does anything you posted have to do with the OP?

Answer:

Nothing at all. It is your typical troll post and I am amazed at how Mods allow you to continue being a disruption and trouble maker.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Adam is right about Jessee Benton. So many people have complained that are working with Ron Paul campaigned about what seems to be an objective to sabotage. Here we see what appears to be another attempt.from within the camp. Why he hasn't been removed before now is of course speculation. The movement has been working around this hurdle and moving forward. What appears to be time and time again. Yes we are awake and yes we are aware of the issues.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
My prediction:
First round of voting - all delegates at the RNC vote Ron Paul, not a single one of them votes for Mitt Romney.
Nobody likes Mitt Romney.
Ron Paul wins the nomination.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

He cannot win.

There was no need to so conclusively show your disregard for good manners and decorum.
What is the matter with you?, Asking people to "Kiss your hiney", is this something that really needed to be said whilst displaying your bright red and blue ass?.
Are you some sort of "Alpha" politicker?, doesn't matter how much affront and disregard is required, you can always muster it in the defence of your own ignorant and ill mannered opinion?.

Bravo, now, do you think you could grow up a little?.

Ron Paul obviously has a lot of people scared, they have to disrupt his message wherever they find it.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

Adam is right about Jessee Benton. So many people have complained that are working with Ron Paul campaigned about what seems to be an objective to sabotage. Here we see what appears to be another attempt.from within the camp. Why he hasn't been removed before now is of course speculation. The movement has been working around this hurdle and moving forward. What appears to be time and time again. Yes we are awake and yes we are aware of the issues.

I don't know much about Jesse Benton, but it's my feeling as a Paul supporter, that he Paul himself doesn't want to cause chaos at the convention not Jesse Benton. I wish I were wrong, but it's all about setting rand up for 2016 imo.

All this fraud and everything and no fight back from within the campaign, I hear Doug Wead fighting, but no one else. Why are they letting this go uncontested? I am starting to have some reservations about Paul and his campaign. I never would of thought I'd hear myself say this, but wow.

Do you honestly believe that Jesse Benton basically conceded the election unilaterally without first discussing this with his candidate. I hold Paul supporters to a higher standard than most, but come on guys.
edit on 20-5-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I find it strange that TinfoilTP, is criticized by posters for the phrase "kiss my hiney," and not following the OP's lead. these are surely venial sins. I thought my comments were polite, reasonable, and on-topic, but they have been ignored.

I don't care about being ignored, I've walked out of a few conversations my self, but does this say anything about Ron Paul supporters? Attack all opponents, ignore those who have honest questions?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I have tried endlessly to explain things to people in regards to The Republican National Convention Rules.
So here it is again.

Sept. 1 2008 The Republican National Convention adopted , Rules 25 through 42, that means they accepted those RULES .

RULE 42
TEMPORARY RULES

Rules 25 through 42 shall be temporary rules of the next national convention and it's committees and subcommittees.
**************************************************************************************************************************

The next republican national convention is Aug. 2012.
That means rule 38 is in full affect.

Sorry forgot the best part.

Revised Rule No. 15(b) as Amended by the Temporary Delegate Selection Committee Proposal Rule No. 15: Election, Selection, Allocation, or Binding of Delegates and Alternate Delegates (b) Timing. (1) No primary, caucus, or convention to elect, select, allocate, or bind delegates to the national convention shall occur prior to the first Tuesday in March in the year in which a national convention is held. Except Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada may begin their processes at any time on or after February 1 in the year in which a national convention is held and shall not be subject to the provisions of paragraph (b)(2) of this rule. (2) Any presidential primary, caucus, convention, or other meeting held for the purpose of selecting delegates to the national convention which occurs prior to the first day of April in the year in which the national convention is held, shall provide for the allocation of delegates on a proportional basis. (3) If the Democratic National Committee fails to adhere to a presidential primary schedule with the dates set forth in Rule 15(b)(1) of these Rules (February 1 and first Tuesday in March), then Rule 15(b) shall revert to the Rules as adopted by the 2008 Republican National Convention.

ttp://www.gop.com/index.php/news/comments/republican_national_committee_approves_2012_presidential_nominating_process/#ixzz1vT8uDayP

Read more: www.gop.com...

That was ammended and accepted in 2010.

/republican_national_committee_approves_2012_presidential_nominating_process/#ixzz1vT8uDayP

edit on 20-5-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Dear OLD HIPPIE DUDE,

I don't know if you were responding to me, I hope you don't mind if I consider it so. Here's Rule No. 38:

Rule No. 38 Unit Rule
No delegate or alternate delegate shall be bound by any attempt of any state or Congressional district to impose the unit rule.
Forget everything else, just read what it says. Delegates can't be bound by somebody's attempt to impose the Unit Rule. OK? Fair reading? Doesn't that imply that they can be bound in some other manner? Otherwise Rule No. 38 would just say: " No delegate or alternate delegate shall be bound."

In fact, here is the title for Rule 15 :

RULE NO. 15
Election, Selection, Allocation, or Binding of Delegates and Alternate Delegates

In Swann's video (which seems to be all over ATS) he says in the first half that conventions have stopped requiring ALL of their delegates to be bound, they leave 1-3 unbound, just so the unit rule and Rule 38 DON'T apply.

Oh, the second part of the Swann video where he reads the legal opinion for the 2008 convention? Sure, that applied when states were using the unit rule. They don't anymore. The opinion no longer applies.

That's why I suggested that Paul supporters not put too much hope in Rule 38.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I find it strange that TinfoilTP, is criticized by posters for the phrase "kiss my hiney," and not following the OP's lead. these are surely venial sins. I thought my comments were polite, reasonable, and on-topic, but they have been ignored.

I don't care about being ignored, I've walked out of a few conversations my self, but does this say anything about Ron Paul supporters? Attack all opponents, ignore those who have honest questions?

I ignored you for 2 reasons. The first being that I've been extremely busy the past 2 days, and have barely had time to read any responses, let alone address them.

The second reason being that your comment - or, "honest questions", as you put it - was snide as hell.

That said, I'm not going to act like I'm an expert on interpreting the rules. Nor do I assume that they'll be followed accordingly. I'm just waiting for more to unfold, and trying to keep perspective throughout. That's more why I liked this video. Mr. Kokesh, at least for me, brought perspective back to the issue, amidst all the technical mumbo-jumbo and what not being thrown around, and reminded me that it's about the passion and meaning of the movement.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Dear bacci0909,

I owe you an apology, so I will make it. After re-reading my first post I can see where my tone was very unpleasant. I'm sorry I did that and your criticism is well deserved.

I think it may be time for the Ron Paul supporters to be left alone on the subject. Let me explain. I love my wife and see her as the most beautiful woman in the world, the delight of my heart. It would do you no good to point out to me that by the world's standards of beauty she is not even slightly attractive at all.

I mean this in a good sense. It seems that Ron Paul supporters have fallen in love, and it is folly to attempt to bring reason into love. I am happy for those of you who have found love, and will not disturb you in the future.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Dear bacci0909,

I owe you an apology, so I will make it. After re-reading my first post I can see where my tone was very unpleasant. I'm sorry I did that and your criticism is well deserved.

I think it may be time for the Ron Paul supporters to be left alone on the subject. Let me explain. I love my wife and see her as the most beautiful woman in the world, the delight of my heart. It would do you no good to point out to me that by the world's standards of beauty she is not even slightly attractive at all.

I mean this in a good sense. It seems that Ron Paul supporters have fallen in love, and it is folly to attempt to bring reason into love. I am happy for those of you who have found love, and will not disturb you in the future.

With respect,
Charles1952

Ha! I like that analogy. And it definitely holds weight. If you're being sincere, I appreciate your candor. If you're messing with me, that's funny as hell.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Dear bacci0909,

I'm being completely serious. It has taken me a long time to come to the point where I think I understand Paul supporters. It's a wonderful thing to be that taken by a politician. They are usually unworthy of that level of support.

If he does not become President it will be a very sad time for his supporters, and I will not say anything that might be construed as "rubbing it in." You are a special group of people and I wish you well.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Not sure what your point is .

1. Rules 25 through 42 are temporary rules all adapted in 2008 for the 2012 presidential primarys and convention.
2. Ammended to the rules was 15(b) in 2010.
3..All rules will be in affect, 1 through 42 and 15(b) at the 2012 convention unless at the convention 2/3 of the delegates vote to suspend the rules.
What I see is, there will be alot of contesting of delegate credentials from both Romneys and Pauls people before the convention. Then a motion to suspend the rules, and alot of calls for a rollcall of votes. It's gonna be real long and very boring and tempers are gonna flare.
The Republican National Convention is a must see event for all Americans in 2012.
That will be the only way everyones questions will be answered, unless it's blacked out or someother news event
over rides the convention.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Ron Paul is actually very smart. He and his people saw the push back that was starting by the establishment. therefore, he makes a formal announcement that he is not going to campaign in Primary States. This was interesting because he had not spent much time or money on primary states the whole time. They took the bait. His grass roots support has forged ahead with the delegate strategy and they continue to take the majority of delegates at the state level. He has fed the "grapevine" to say that it is not about being nominated. This is smart to. He gets his cake and gets to eat it too. It is not seen as a loss if he is not nominated and it is a huge win if he does get it. Absolute genius on his campaign's part.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join