It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Official May Keep Obama Off Ballot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Nearly four years into his first term, President Barack Obama finds this issue still
alive and well. Arizona's Sherrif Joe has certainly been investigating everything
from Obama's Selective Service Registration, to his birth certificate....calling
foul on both.

In part because of Arpaio's investigation, Bennett said on KFYI radio that he received over 1,200 e-mails asking him to look into Obama's birth certificate. Bennett told radio host Mike Broomhead on Thursday that he believes "the president was born in Hawaii -- at least I hope he was" and stated he was "not playing to the birthers."

He went on to explain that he had been trying for eight weeks to verify Obama's certificate and was surprised by how challenging it has been to get a response from Hawaii officials.
content.usatoday.com...

Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett confirmed Thursday during an interview on radio
station KFYI that Obama's Arizona ballot status is in question untill Hawaii responds positively
to his request under a Hawaii law regarding confirmation of birth certificates.

When Bennet was asked whether a lack of confirmation from Hawaii could keep Obama off the ballot,
Bennett told the KFYI interviewer,

``That's possible.''

Controversy over President Barack Obama's eligibility to be president flared anew
Friday as Democrats criticized a Republican state official's request that Hawaii officials
confirm they have Obama's birth certificate.....

...... Hawaii's health department said its director got Bennett's request in March and forwarded
it to the state attorney general's office for a response. That office did not immediately respond to
a request for comment.ktar.com...

Bennett's explained that his inquiry to Hawaii follows a renewed flurry of questioning about
Obama's birthplace. Will this issue ever be put to rest? I wonder if President Obama
does secretly enjoy the attention that is given to his personal issue, his place of birth?

Older media had reported that Obama was born in Kenya, and Indonesia....
very confusing to the public. After it was discovered that The Honolulu
Advertiser had published this story claiming Obama was born
in Indonesia, they edited the story.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Screenshot from the Wayback Machine of the Honolulu Advertiser
story published stating Obama was born in Indonesia

And, the wayback machine still has the archive of the old article.

web.archive.org...://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Jan/08/ln/FP601080334.html

Recent media coming to light that Obama's literary agency published a booklet stating
Obama was born in Kenya.

You cant blame the people for wanting an answer.

edit on 18-5-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I don't know why Bennet is making a request for confirmation when Hawaii has already publically confirmed and verified both of Obama's birth certificates:

the.honoluluadvertiser.com...
hawaii.gov...

So what does Bennet expect? He'll get through to Hawaiian health officials, the director will again confirm the authenticity of Obama's birth certificate, then what? So if Hawaii then confirms personally to Bennet, and birthers aren't satisfied, what?

hmmm.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I think Bennet is looking for something more, according to ABC.

Bennett said he received over 1,200 emails from people saying the Secretary of State should require the president to produce the original of his birth certificate in order to be on the ballot in Arizona.

Bennett said he told those people it was an impossible request, that he couldn't even get his own original birth certificate from the Arizona vital records department, that even he could only get a certified copy.

Hawaii has a provision in their law that allows other government officials from other states to request what is called a "verification in lieu of a certified copy" of a birth certificate.
www.abc15.com...

He is doing his job ....cant hold that against him.

And to be honest, you cant blaim the people....there is too much media over the years
that has given reason for them to doubt that Obama is a natural born American citizen.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

I think Bennet is looking for something more, according to ABC.

Well let's focus on one part of that source here:

Bennett said he told those people it was an impossible request, that he couldn't even get his own original birth certificate from the Arizona vital records department, that even he could only get a certified copy.

Bennet is asking for verification from Hawaiian officials, nothing more. He already made the point in your source above that it's unrealistic for him to demand more, especially considering his own circumstances. Bennet is playing politics, because if he's just asking for verification, he can simply tell his constituents to log onto google and do a two minute search for Director Fuddy's statement of Obama's birth in Hawaii.

He is doing his job

He's not really doing anything, aside from playing politics to the minds of his constituents.

And to be honest, you cant blaim the people...

Birthers have themselves to blame for their own actions. They choose to ignore the evidence out there proving Obama was born on US soil, and they choose to frequent rightwing websites. If you can't bother to look at things objectively, it's nobody's fault but your own.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
He's not really doing anything, aside from playing politics to the minds of his constituents.

And to be honest, you cant blaim the people...

Birthers have themselves to blame for their own actions. They choose to ignore the evidence out there proving Obama was born on US soil, and they choose to frequent rightwing websites. If you can't bother to look at things objectively, it's nobody's fault but your own.

The actual evidence points to facts that support Obama has a lot to hide.
Maybe quite a lot more than where he was born.

You can not blame the people for the confusion, when there are many different
stories in the media. How did so many people get it wrong then?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

The actual evidence points to facts that support Obama has a lot to hide.

There is no evidence to point to whether Obama is hiding anything. Birthers speculate that Obama is hiding something based on their own personal perceptions and suspicions, doesn't make it fact.

You can not blame the people for the confusion,

This isn't confusing at all. Obama presented two birth certificates, verified by Hawaiian officials, that he was born on US soil. He is the only president to date to do so. Birthers don't believe him. They believe there is some big conspiracy going on, they have nothing to show for it.

It's not Obama's responsibility to personally prove to you or every single other person out there who doesn't like him that he is eligible to be president. This isn't how the process works, this isn't what the constitution requires.

when there are many different stories in the media. How did so many people get it wrong then?

What stories? Regarding some of the incorrect information out there, this a reality. If you spent half as much looking into the information about others as you have of Obama, you will once in a while come up with information that is incorrect or inaccurate. Ask celebrities how they feel about some of the things being written about them and about their histories. Humans are not perfect, the information out there is not absolutely perfect. You cannot apply special standards in Obama's case.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Obama presented two birth certificates, verified by Hawaiian officials, that he was born on US soil.

Well who has two birth certificates?

OOOps!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Obama presented two birth certificates, verified by Hawaiian officials, that he was born on US soil.

OOOps!

Good question - who.

Barack Obama or... what are his other name/s???

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Yes, one long form and one short form. I have two birth certificates as well. I have my original worn out birth certificate sitting at the folks home, I've never used it since I was a kid, and a short form birth certificate that I use often enough.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

His job is to serve the people of the state of Arizona on state issues, he is not doing his job.. He is going for attention in an election year.
edit on 19-5-2012 by Resurected because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I have my original worn out birth certificate sitting at the folks home,

Well, I have only one. One copy that was made at the county of my birth, and it is a
photocopy of the one on file.

Such an easy thing to do, for everyone except Obama.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Oh fer flips sake! He's not only released his birth certificate, but the White House has stuck pictures of it on mugs! What else do you need? A written affadavit from three doctors, a nurse and the hospital admistrator???

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

OOOps!

Ummm.....pretty much every american citizen.

OOOOppppss!!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Well, I have only one. One copy that was made at the county of my birth, and it is a
photocopy of the one on file.

You mean Birth registration microfiche? You are aware that no every state or county provides photocopy's of original birth certificates as in the one you describe? Many counties don't provide them upon request, many states will only provide short form birth certificates upon request (such as Arizona). If I went to the my local county health department, asked for a photocopy of my original birth certificate, they would not be able to provide it for me, because there isn't some large vault which stores the original birth certificates of every single person in that county. I'll only be provided a short form birth certificate and that's it.

You need to learn about the fact that birth registrations are not handled in the same manner in all counties and states. Birthers like to paint a broad brush about the handling of birth certificates in every state and county, not everybody carries photocopies of their original birth certificates in their wallets, this is just silly.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

You need to learn about the fact that birth registrations are not handled in the same manner in all counties and states.

You mean the Arizona Secretary Of State needs to ....blah blah.
I merely reported the news....

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Ran out of excuses already?

I merely reported the news....

You didn't merely 'report' news, you posted this thread up for discussion, and you clearly posted your position on this matter as well. If you don't want to have to defend your reasonings for why you question Obama's eligibility then you shouldn't participate in these kinds of topics.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Oh, I am all for the discussion, my opinion is that Barack enjoys the attention!

I wonder if President Obama
does secretly enjoy the attention that is given to his personal issue, his place of birth?

I mean after all, he...Barack is the Original Birther!

Barack Obama: The Original 'Birther'

So the earliest "birther" of all was actually—President Obama! Or at least his literary rep, who
promoted the notion of a Kenyan birth up until 2007 www.newser.com...

edit on 19-5-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Oh, I am all for the discussion, my opinion is that Barack enjoys the attention!

The OP and the news source you linked doesn't concern whether or not Obama likes attention, maybe you should keep on topic in your own thread. Your source concerns the questions being raised by Birthers in Arizona concerning Obama's eligibility.

Maybe you can clarify your position here burntheships. Do you believe that Obama has proven that he is eligible to be president?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

And to be honest, you cant blaim the people....there is too much media over the years
that has given reason for them to doubt that Obama is a natural born American citizen.

Yes, it is contrived politics, no different than the Clinton Blow Job

Arizona is a fascist state and that official has no problem subverting the political process
by enforcing his will upon the public.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

O that is a knee slapper considering Reid and McCain.

Hilarious

edit on 19-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join