It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No jobs avalible anywhere!!!!!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

I think they ARE wired that way since their parents, grand parents and great grandparents did it! You can read story after story about how pilgrams and immigrants "made it" in this country. Something has happened in the last thirty years or so to change attitudes and motivation.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that most of the people who say that there's loads of jobs around and we should go apply for KFC are in a stable, relatively comfortable job. I'd like to hear from somebody who is cleaning a toilet or doing something that the main population wouldn't want to do say this. I'm sure there's a few, but not many. Even applying for cleaning jobs is no piece of cake.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Hello friend, Let me tell you one thing, whats going on about NO JOBS and Less Paying JOBS that people cant support their life. This is a change that is occurring. Remember without money people can survive, we dont need technology, we dont need cars, or computers, we dont need money. That's how planet Earth was long time ago. You could blame the government or whatever system is in charge of the jobs, but its not their fault, you as a human being should understand that slowly money value will become zero. Its better to get adopted to the no money life style now than later. A person who gives their life to money, is a dead man. Looks whats out there, and go enjoy the real nature, go to a community where people dont use money for living, they grow their own food, help each other out and use solar energy for appliances. Mother Earth has everything to offer you, it grows its fruits , vegetables, everywhere. Remember the change that is occurring is for our own good. Just continue to flow with it. The reason I am writing this is because i was too struggling really badly and still am with the economy, but hey be strong and keep moving on. Sooner or later the whole money system will fall down and guess what if you know what is life like without money, than you will live that life without no money at a ease. Good luck and remember everyone is going through this, this trend will continue until technology goes down the drain and the money system falls. Its like a sine wave, we are all the way up , now its time to fall down.
edit on 22-5-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
You can have my job, I'm just about done with it.

You can be berated everyday by my supervisor for no reason, you don't know how to do this, you don't how to do that, don't go in there, don't do this. Nothing is ever right

And, not to mention clientele always copping some BS excuse of [racism] because you card them. I card everybody. Now, I'm not allowed to do even that, according to my manager. No thanks to him.

Tomorrow, I'll probably be written up, cause she was on the phone to someone about me.

edit on 18-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

I hear there are lots of high paying jobs...................in North Dakota!

The shale oil discovery has the entire state of North Dakota booming.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nimsu1987
I'm pretty sure that most of the people who say that there's loads of jobs around and we should go apply for KFC are in a stable, relatively comfortable job. I'd like to hear from somebody who is cleaning a toilet or doing something that the main population wouldn't want to do say this. I'm sure there's a few, but not many. Even applying for cleaning jobs is no piece of cake.

99% of the USA is experiencing Obama - S T A G N A T I O N -.

Most of us are piling into the nearest movie theater to watch The Avengers.

It's called - escapism -.

It turns out the same thing happened during the Great Depression.

People poured into the movie theaters to temporarily escape the terrible

economy that surrounds them.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
GET OUT. And by the way, this is my own picture. My own addvertismnt.
edit on 22-5-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

If you would attempt the job market the way you did in this thread, you might get lucky! Spend some time, make sure your resume is GOOD, and apply online to every site available!

You apparently know the internet, it can be a useful tool, but you can't be picky.......Get a job and better jobs will come up while at the one you don't want!!

Just my 2 cents anyways.....

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
pick up a trade

become a plumbers helper... should start at ten bucks

I make 2000 a week now.... I live near dc though so its not hit so hard with the job market

hours are hard and long

I have back problems

but i'm not starving

$2000 aweek as a plumbers helper? Thats over 100k a year! I dont think the actual plumbers make that much here in St. Louis. Hell the median salary for a plumber is only 40k.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
i feel your pain man, i live in southern nj. i actually just quit my job at mcdonalds of 2 years. i'm 25 years old. mcdonalds was supposed to be a "until a better opportunity came" job, and after 2 years, a better opportunity FINALLY came along. its not glorious work but its good money. $15/hour to start doing bulkheading. those that live near water know what it is. if u can handle physical labor, those types of jobs ALWAYS hire people because, lets face it, americans are lazy and hate physical work for the most part. just dont give up man, something will eventually come your way.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
4 years ago I was working construction remodeling Hilton hotels. 80 hrs a week was not abnormal. Did that for 2 years and moved back to Chicago. I have been in the city here without a job for 2 years. I pick up random tech jobs\landscaping\ office work here and there, but its slime pickings.

I went to a job interview yesterday for cleaning work just because at this point I cant be picky. The guy told me he had 200 applicants in 2 days and I was 1 out of 5 who he called for an interview. Idk if I will get the job, i hope so! I have only had 1 interview in the past 6 months!!! I beat myself up alot because i've never been poor before, having to rely on friends and family has been hard, hearing others are just as pinched makes me feel a little better but it sure is depressing.

I wish everyone luck.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I'd be glad if i just felt like planting some potatoes or peanuts.... along with a bunch of other things i need to get done. May i suggest that for anyone who can't find work. if you do this, you may actually be putting yourself ahead of the game if the economy completely collapses or shtf.

just a suggestion.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I am at the point where I can't find employment because everyone tells me that I am overquaified for the position. I still don't understand how 40 years of experience as a technician in the aerospace and computer industry should actually hinder me from getting hired. No degree either. They didn't exist for computer geeks when I started out. The guys with all the degrees learned from us. Another thing, as I look around I see a lot of work that desperately needs to be done and a whole lot of people standing idle who could do it. Never mind politics as I am beyond that now, it just does not make any sense whatsoever.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by karmuh

Only problem with that is that by your fifties you will be having a lot of back problems which the system will deem too expensive for them to fix you.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

Me too. I have been getting used to doing without money for about 3 years now and I am getting better at it.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by otheym

in this world and economy, to survive we cant plan for the future.. we have to live for the present

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nimsu1987

I work in the oilfield at a well paid job, every spring, there is a slow down, sometimes a full stop, during break-up (spring thaw),. this year it has been ten weeks, 7 hours worked in that period of time at my "real Job", guess what I did.....Go on...Guess!

I delivered pizza for the local chain pizzeria, it paid the bills, and even gave me a bit of spending money......

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join