No jobs avalible anywhere!!!!!

page: 15
52
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie
 


Most of the stories you hear are b.s. I have never driven in the big mountains. Don't even know where they are.. Rockies I guess? I was in the Midwest as well as north and south based out of Detroit. My first run through PA was the worst but after that it was a piece of cake.

Just stay away from Colorado I think! Never been that far west so I am unsure what that is like. They say Tennessee is bad but I have done that run hundreds of times with no issues at all!




posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

Originally posted by HamrHeed
"looks like it might be time to start eating sprouts grown on the window seal of your little communist apartment"

bahaha

sprouts have feeling MAAAAAN


They also have a lot of protein... stem cell type proteins. they are interesting little things but Americans like their beef... even though it is absurd at the amount of resources it takes to raise cattle, but each to his own and that is another topic.

hell, if I get desperate enough I'll just eat some dandelion greens.
food isn't one of my problems. I can hardly stomach the food I do have.

my problem is people... people are freaking crazy!



I'm going to use that (communist apartment)
Haha it just works, no pun intended obviously..

So why the frack are so many resources being used up to feed cattle? It doesn't need to be that way. There is much grass to be had, by the cattle and sheep (us)
toot


that's just the statistics... they don't feed cattle grass and if they did they would eat ALOT of it. they feed them corn. mostly... i mean some get fed grasses but it's mostly corn. So basically they grow whole crops to feed the cows when the land to grow the corn could be used for something else since we already grow a lot of corn.. and there is the environmental effects that it has as well. maybe i will dig up some article on it but I have read some on it and it is environmentally and economically unsound to make beef our number one food choice... and the majority of the time that is what people reach for first... the hamburger, the steak, the meatballs, the beef tacos.

there's actually better proteins in sprouts when you take a handful of seeds and sprout them... and they are not c reactive proteins, they are good proteins. everyone thinks the meat is where the good proteins are but this is actually not the case.
but yeah, i'm a piscatarian ( mostly avoid meat but I eat fish) and eating sprouts is hard for me even. i mean they don't taste bad but it is hard to get used to eating a bunch of sprouts. they kind of make you crave more indulgent things if you can't discipline yourself enough to adjust. You try eating sprouts primarily and you will wind up grabbing for sweets or oils or something heavier. it's just hard to get used to. plus, eat the wrong sprouts and weird things might start happening... like eat red clover sprouts which is REALLY good for you but then you start sweating like crazy a half an hour after eating them. it's weird. some sprouts just have some intense properties to them.
edit on 19-5-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)


Yea man, they would rather burn corn than use it productively or feed it to livestock, Meanwhile corn feed is linked to the higher fat content in beef. But everyone is so fit and skinny

My point being: wouldn't it be rational to have cattle graze on grass? wtf up=down
At this time we should be securing our produce, not wasting it.

btw I thought you were joking about the sprouts. What do they taste like anyways?



posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Are you referring to bean sprouts?



posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
There is a lot of good advice in this thread. I just wanted to say something general about life and work.

A person can be out of a job, but they should never be out of work. You can always and should always hire yourself, on deferred salary, to stay in shape physically and improve yourself mentally. There is a lot of waiting around that goes on in life, especially if you are getting around on public transit. Carry a book with you and learn to read in a crowd, even if you have to read the same sentence ten times until you get it.

Start the day with sit ups or push ups. Get into weight lifting. Physical culture is mental culture. That's one of the secret benefits of staying in shape. It'll make a difference in all aspects of your life.

Never stop working on Plan B.

I work two days a week and live in a beautiful neighborhood in a home worth close to a million dollars. Since 1987 I have worked as a security guard, earning very low wages, largely due to health issues. In all that time I have never had as much as three thousand dollars in the bank. Because of the pension rules in Canada I could take my Old Age pension early and not have to work at all. I could squeak though, paying my rent and food without having to work.

I am not a criminal or involved in illegal activities. The secret to this kind of result is learning to cooperate with others.

In the movie, Rambo, First Blood, the Colonel Trautmann character played by Richard Crenna, says that Rambo, as a Green Beret, learned "to eat things that would make a billy goat puke". Well, to get where I am today, I had to go through mental stuff, relationship stuff, and personal political stuff that would make a billy goat puke.

But that's OK. That's life. I can and do deal with it, usually by negotiation and compromise and sometimes by sticking up for myself.

Many people would say, "Wow, you've got it made, man. You're laughing at life."

Absolutely not. I don't have it made and would never relax enough to get a stupid idea like that into my head. I never stop working to improve myself. I never stop working on Plan B.

That'll be two cents, please. Cash.
edit on 19-5-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-5-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
To the OP:

This is going to sound "out there," so I apologize for my provocation in advance. Jobs (and yes, even careers) are like religion -- they do have their upsides for some, but not all, and they are perishable in their viability of developmental benefit. As with each lesson, only the student can decide when their threshold of "futility of continuance" is breached. It is a personal threshold, held by and understandable/comparable to no other.

These are the times, for many, to diminish dependence upon thinking, strategizing, analyzing and critiquing. Sometimes (increasingly, actually) these faculties simply will not contribute to progress or solution.

These are the times, for an increasing population, to go with the flow of vibrational progression and release into it -- not fight it or attempt to control it with mind/ego. Your higher self knows what is going on, and it's okay/necessary/appropriate.

That which worked and satisfied yesterday will diminish in satisfaction, function and application towards individual progress today and tomorrow. Perhaps there is something inside of you, yearning to unfold in a contribution and inspiration that would never exist if you were buried in some job. Think about it. Regardless of the job, it is impossible (even if you are the boss/owner) that it achieve or maintain a 100% compliment to your unfolding and growth. It will instead stagnate you, fraction you, and contain you.

When you can't find a job, calm yourself and release into the reality of the moment. It IS AS IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE. Connect (perhaps for the first time, perhaps for the longest duration of time) with your higher self, and gain the wisdom of acceptance of what is -- so that you may create what can be. There is something inside of you that is NOT present in ANY of the other 6+ billion people on this planet. It needs to get out, and the rest of us will benefit passively when it does. Truth is, this unfolding is our personal destiny -- each of us. The sooner you get to it (and stop trying to propagate a false utopian enslavement), the better the world will be. There is magic -- miracles -- inside of you, and you are destined to find it and share it.



posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruckDriver69
reply to post by NotAnAspie
 


Most of the stories you hear are b.s. I have never driven in the big mountains. Don't even know where they are.. Rockies I guess? I was in the Midwest as well as north and south based out of Detroit. My first run through PA was the worst but after that it was a piece of cake.

Just stay away from Colorado I think! Never been that far west so I am unsure what that is like. They say Tennessee is bad but I have done that run hundreds of times with no issues at all!


how about Donner pass?

that's most of the horror stories i have heard.



posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie
 


There's a Private messaging function for off-topic converations.

I only mention this because you accused me of trolling when clearly you have dominated most of this thread with useless banter.



posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River
 

Kill and eat these #ers.



posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

Originally posted by HamrHeed
"looks like it might be time to start eating sprouts grown on the window seal of your little communist apartment"

bahaha

sprouts have feeling MAAAAAN


They also have a lot of protein... stem cell type proteins. they are interesting little things but Americans like their beef... even though it is absurd at the amount of resources it takes to raise cattle, but each to his own and that is another topic.

hell, if I get desperate enough I'll just eat some dandelion greens.
food isn't one of my problems. I can hardly stomach the food I do have.

my problem is people... people are freaking crazy!



I'm going to use that (communist apartment)
Haha it just works, no pun intended obviously..

So why the frack are so many resources being used up to feed cattle? It doesn't need to be that way. There is much grass to be had, by the cattle and sheep (us)
toot


that's just the statistics... they don't feed cattle grass and if they did they would eat ALOT of it. they feed them corn. mostly... i mean some get fed grasses but it's mostly corn. So basically they grow whole crops to feed the cows when the land to grow the corn could be used for something else since we already grow a lot of corn.. and there is the environmental effects that it has as well. maybe i will dig up some article on it but I have read some on it and it is environmentally and economically unsound to make beef our number one food choice... and the majority of the time that is what people reach for first... the hamburger, the steak, the meatballs, the beef tacos.

there's actually better proteins in sprouts when you take a handful of seeds and sprout them... and they are not c reactive proteins, they are good proteins. everyone thinks the meat is where the good proteins are but this is actually not the case.
but yeah, i'm a piscatarian ( mostly avoid meat but I eat fish) and eating sprouts is hard for me even. i mean they don't taste bad but it is hard to get used to eating a bunch of sprouts. they kind of make you crave more indulgent things if you can't discipline yourself enough to adjust. You try eating sprouts primarily and you will wind up grabbing for sweets or oils or something heavier. it's just hard to get used to. plus, eat the wrong sprouts and weird things might start happening... like eat red clover sprouts which is REALLY good for you but then you start sweating like crazy a half an hour after eating them. it's weird. some sprouts just have some intense properties to them.
edit on 19-5-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)


Yea man, they would rather burn corn than use it productively or feed it to livestock, Meanwhile corn feed is linked to the higher fat content in beef. But everyone is so fit and skinny

My point being: wouldn't it be rational to have cattle graze on grass? wtf up=down
At this time we should be securing our produce, not wasting it.

btw I thought you were joking about the sprouts. What do they taste like anyways?



yeah, bean, lentil... alfalfa sprouts are a good one to try out. they won't heat you up like red clover. red clover is actually medicinal in ways. some sprouts have a hot taste to them... kinda like radishes are hot, but some sort of just taste like grass i guess.
not really grass but you know, something green.. and yeah, kinda grassy, lol.

I'm not sure how else to describe them. I'm sure that people who eat them all the time can taste the different flavors and appreciate the flavors more... but yeah, to people who aren't used to them... kinda like grass only better than grass. they taste like something you'd eat on a salad and that is how many people eat them. i just ate them right out of the carton.

they are not bad but I have always been a little weird like that... eating my parsley that's meant to be a garnish... and i'm disappointed that i hardly see parsley anymore.

i think mot people in the west just eat them kinda like a topping or use them as a garnish but in some parts of the world they are seriously eaten a lot.. like sprout wraps and things like that. I'd like to try a soup.

I should probably get some. been having some congestion and i bet some red clover would really help burn that up. red clover is good for elimination of unwanted things in your body.

i actually have a sprouting jar that i haven't used yet. maybe i will break it out and try to sprout something.
i need to do something... been feeling pretty bad lately. resting isn't doing much. there's a lot of humidity in the air. i need to something to help get the immunity going... thin the mucus some. get things flowing right.

if you want to try them, try a salad and watch out for the hot ones unless you like radishes.



posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie
 


Here is a good read on Donner Pass. Doesn't seem that bad but I still wouldn't want to drive out there. Not that I couldn't do it but there a plenty of jobs this side of the Rockies!

Donner Pass Driver



posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It's a multitude of things that keeps everything down. First you have a government that lies and says that unemployment is 9% when it's really twice that or more. The government gives money away to foreign aid and starting wars everywhere. Spending money that should be going back into the economy. Take any item in your house and turn it over and see where it's made from. Nine times out of Ten it's somewhere else other then the USA. That's the reason why you cannot find a job.
edit on 19-5-2012 by sean because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goldcurrent
reply to post by NotAnAspie
 


There's a Private messaging function for off-topic converations.

I only mention this because you accused me of trolling when clearly you have dominated most of this thread with useless banter.



welllll... people DO keep asking me questions. i'm just trying to be helpful. you're the one quoting sci-fi flicks and lets just talk about how on topic this particular post of yours is.

hmmmm.... yeah.

i guess it would be much better to just go back to the repeated "JUST GET A JOB AND QUIT WHINING" posts.

maybe I want to get a job sprouting beans... or MAYBE i am helping the unemployed by suggesting cheap ways to get nutrition.

and what are YOU doing? campaigning for hollywood?
edit on 19-5-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed
 


Is this what you guys are worried about! (What not to do in a truck)
Bad Driver!



posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Now I am confused. You are not Egyptian but you live there? If I might inquire, and I understand if you decline, what is your nationality?


No, I'm not Egyptian. I'm foreign, western actually. Lots of foreigners live here.


Originally posted by intrptr

Normal protests in the street. Okay... That whole thing Egypt just went thru was not normal. I know you say there is now more opportunity and of that I am glad. But the recent elections, have they been honored? Did the people of Egypt elect the ones they wanted? Are they in power? I heard not. I heard that there is still poverty and unemployment on a grand scale. This makes any improvement you speak of sound like a bone thrown to a starving dog. Just wondering...


Of course the recent elections have been honored and those that were elected - the upper and lower houses of parliament - have been seated and are doing what they were elected to do. Presidential elections are coming in a few days, as well.

Poverty and unemployment? The western media has done Egypt no favors with a constant stream of Tahrir Square. Tahrir is a place of protest and it happens daily because that's how Egypt has kept the revolution alive. If they had packed up and gone home when Mubarak resigned, it's entirely possible there wouldn't be the progress there has been. Anyway, the impact on tourism has been horrendous. Nobody is protesting at the Pyramids, yet it's nearly impossible to get a tourist to come. People who worked in jobs related to tourism have suffered. They've either found work elsewhere or went back home to live with their parents. The burst of employment has happened in the "informal sector," meaning employment without contracts and assurances of employment forever and ever. Those who aren't working are people who find the employment on offer beneath them ("I have a degree in Tourism, so I will only work in tourism."). It's easy to sit on a sidewalk and sell eggs all day, and many people are doing it because it's a JOB.


Originally posted by intrptr

See, here in America we commend the revolution like in Tunisia, Yemen, Bahrain, etc. This is Arab Spring , right? People yearning to be free? In America we hardly lift a finger with our small Occupy Wall Street. Many people have yet to rise and protest our Government and Corporate Military Monopoly. We are too afraid. And not hungry enough, yet.


Egyptians didn't revolt out of hunger, they did it out of indignation.


Originally posted by intrptr

But Egyptians risked life and limb, risked all to overthrow Mubarak (puppet of the west) and we are in awe of your strength to do that. Now you say that you have won... I guess that depends on where you live in the country and where you are from. So, our media is lying to us maybe to throw us off?


Sure they took risks and many have died - and continue to die - for freedom from tyranny and oppression. I don't believe the media has outright lied. In fact, the Egyptian media (which is now free, for the first time ever) has done a fabulous job of covering events. In English, too.



posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
A person can be out of a job, but they should never be out of work. You can always and should always hire yourself, on deferred salary, to stay in shape physically and improve yourself mentally.


This reminds me, when I was out of a job I volunteered daily at the church doing whatever charity or administrative tasks they needed. The staff was grateful for my help, I learned there were people out there who were in much more dire straits than I was who benefited from the smallest acts of kindness, and met a lot of great people who were offering leads for employment. It kept my mind, body and spirit healthy during a time when I otherwise felt in the dumps. Maybe there's a charity that could use your skills after you're done job hunting for the day?
edit on 19-5-2012 by saint4God because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM
 


Was only unemployed for 3 months before I found my current job. Hell, my job has changed as I've shifted around a bit.

I know people who gave up and just accepted whatever help they could get. Or, in the case of some, they took advantage of a more well-off family member before that very same family member was threatened with eviction.

Again, you have to put the time and energy into this task and just be glad if you're rewarded.



posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527
 




Originally posted by LastProphet527

The funny thing about america and jobs is that...it will never, has never, will never be enough jobs for every able body citizen to have,and thats whats so funny about life and jobs.its one of the biggest triks americ has ever pulled...well,besides 911!



Actually if you move capital more laterally through the economy instead of vertically there would be enough jobs to go around.

What employes more, building 100 100k cabin cruisers or one $10,000,000 dollar yacht?

If more people can afford middle income luxury items and buy them more jobs are created than if only top income earners who only purchase top end luxury items purchase those same category of comparable products. This is because less items produced from more expensive quality materials cost more, but employ less people. That is more people would be employed as it takes more man hours to make more items with less expensive materials used in their construction compared to building higher cost final product with higher qualities of materials. This is even true if the same volume and weight of materials are utilized. 100 boats that displace 100 tons of water, one ton each, are compared to the construction of a single 100 ton yacht.

This is why Wall Street is bad for the economy and Main Street is good for the economy. Why out of control executive pay is bad for the economy and unions are good for the economy which bargain that same capital to benefit their memberships. Meaning, more people can buy those cabin cruisers which employ more people than if an executive had just a single yacht built. AND why it is better to tax the rich and cut taxes on the middle class and redistribute some of that tax money to the working poor and unemployable. Because it just creates more jobs maximizing the benefit to society as a whole, and that means everyone has a job that is able and willing to work.

Understand my nephew man?


edit on 19-5-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruckDriver69
reply to post by HamrHeed
 


Is this what you guys are worried about! (What not to do in a truck)
Bad Driver!


OH NO!... how terrible.

i wonder how fast he was going. It didn't really seem like he was going that fast but yeah... people are just in such a hurry to get places and everybody is just driving everywhere like gas in an unlimited resource. i don't even like driving on the interstate in a car because people are just not thinking. just rushing to where ever they are going. people need to slow down and everyone actually needs to drive a lot LESS!... more people should be doing what they can locally, VERY locally if not in their own yards.

everyday people on the highway loose their lives because of mistakes. it's terrible. my father was killed by a logging truck who was going to fast to slow down as he was trying to make a left turn and the truck tried to pass him on the left when he realized he couldn't slow down and there was a car in front of him waiting to turn.



posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie
 


Ya, they say it was a trainee driving and the trainer was a sleep in the bunk. Both died in that crash. Down a 700' ravine and I guess the wreck is still down there. That is some scary stuff there. I wonder if the trainer had time to wake up... Just a moment of realization before being mangled in that wreck.

I don't ever think I could be a trainer if I was to go back. I never got trained like that. I went to Truck Driving school and I was put in the hot seat on day one. Now, you have to drive with someone for a couple of months after school before they cut you loose.



posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God
 

Religious groups get a bad rap nowadays, but for many people they are a lifeline and a connection to sympathy, empathy and compassion. I'm a firm believer in the benefit of teamwork and cooperation. Religious groups can be a fertile place to find people who are capable of cooperation.

Many religious groups attract habitual down and outers, nest featherers, and parasites, so you have to be careful who you choose to confide in and who you choose to trust, even among the religious, but if you learn to navigate among people who aspire to be good and aspire to benefit their fellow human beings, you can lay the foundation for many improvements in your life, both spiritual and material.





top topics
 
52
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join