It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No jobs avalible anywhere!!!!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
If you really want a job, you will find a job. Stop being picky, and do what you have to do. There are more ways to earn income than slaving a 9 to 5. Regardless of how you feel about the state of america at this point, there is still room for opportunity. You just have to want it more than the next man and work harder than the next man. Stop crying and do something about it. You obviously have money for internet access somehow. Get your priorities straight and realize this world isnt meant for your convenience. Best man for the job. Now get off your ass and off ats and do something productive.
edit on 19-5-2012 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
One thing to keep in mind, something wifey told me.

When she is interviewing people, and they seem to be overqualified, her assumption is that they will not stay long.

So during the interview, you might try to convince employer that you will stay long.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsertRelevantMeme
I turned down 3 jobs in the past week... i have no college education. In ireland btw

Working since i was 12 i am 18 now. The website i use is jobs.ie go on there on monday, refresh new jobs every five minutes you will see at least two new jobs its not hard i sent over 200 CVs in one night had my pick of jobs the next day. Live with my mother, don't own a car, never been in debt, wear a condom. I'm doing well for myself its not hard if you cant find a job you think you have to work in. Get a minimum wage job and keep seeking within 6 months you will have a sound enough job. At this point in my life im taking in almost twice as much money in a week as i spend, even with going to clubs 3 times a week going out with misuses paying for food electrical and internet. My mother owns the house so no mortgage and i live in a pretty poor part of dublin. Look up Anthony Robbins
www.youtube.com...=255s

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Come to Oklahoma. There are always jobs in my town. The cost of living is low too.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Find out what is in demand and go to school! I'm going to school to be a CNA(Clinical Nursing Assistant) milwaukeejobs.com has pages upon pages of places looking to hire.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Come to Asia. Here are TONS of jobs teaching English.
I'm a South African teaching english in China and here are sooo many jobs, you wouldn't believe me if I tell you.

Most parts of china (apart from Shenzhen, Beijing and Shanghai) has a HUGE shortage of native English teachers and it is so easy to find a job as an English teacher. I still get about 3-4 phone calls a week from schools asking me whetherr or not I'll be available to teach there - I'm not even particularly good.
Money is not bad either. I make about 3000US$/month from working around 30 hours/week.
Expenses are much lower compared to the West - you live very comfortably on $1000/month. I bet its not easy to save $2000/month in the US these days.

Anyways, good luck!!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

You are oversimplifying this problem. It was much easier to "make a stake" 40 yrs ago when everything wasn't consolidated.
All the best paying and rewarding jobs are saturated too. I guess it will force people to evolve but we're at a "lull" right now in human history.
Notice how all the new music is just rehashed crap? lol. the creativity is stalled b

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiroy
Come to Asia. Here are TONS of jobs teaching English.
I'm a South African teaching english in China and here are sooo many jobs, you wouldn't believe me if I tell you.

Most parts of china (apart from Shenzhen, Beijing and Shanghai) has a HUGE shortage of native English teachers and it is so easy to find a job as an English teacher. I still get about 3-4 phone calls a week from schools asking me whetherr or not I'll be available to teach there - I'm not even particularly good.
Money is not bad either. I make about 3000US$/month from working around 30 hours/week.
Expenses are much lower compared to the West - you live very comfortably on $1000/month. I bet its not easy to save $2000/month in the US these days.

Anyways, good luck!!

Don't you need to speak Chinese to teach English to Chinese people?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
You are kidding right?
Look here>>>>>>>>>>>>>detroit.craigslist.org...

If you are in Detroit and you can't find a job, something is wrong. The Craig's List alone has a ton of jobs. I think maybe you need to be more creative when applying for a job. I posted some tips here recently and didn't get much of a response.

I would really like to know how you are going about trying to land a gig. What is your demeanor? How are you preparing? What does your CV and Resume look like? What are some of the out of the box, creative ways are you utilizing too try and get a job? Do you research the company and ask relevant questions in the interview?

If you want a job, you can get one. You just need to be a lot better than everyone else. Getting a job now a days is like running your own little business but its not impossible.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Here is another good tip... If you are over 21 and don't have a bad driving record, go drive a truck over the road (OTR.) In less than a year, you will be making a decent wage. You just need to go to a Truck Driving school. Most of those have no up front cost and they actually do get you a job.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TruckDriver69

The only problem is that you reach "maximum capacity" quick.
AKA DEAD END JOB
but yeah, if you have no goals then proceed..
or... I mean, if your goal is to drive a truck for 20 yrs to buy a mediocre home.,.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TruckDriver69

I always thought that would be a cool job, but the thought of trying to back one of those things into a loading dock...

I don't know how they do it.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Here's my secret.

Instead of sitting on the internets and emailing resumes, i walked into the front offices of every business, factory, shop around, talked, joked, made friends, further leads, etc and have not only always had work, but am now taking a year off and have about 6 offers on the table for when im ready to work again.

Hitting the local bars after work hours and shooting the ships helps too

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Don't you need to speak Chinese to teach English to Chinese people?

No, you don't need to speak chinese. Sometimes it helps, but many schools, in fact, forbid you to use any chinese in the classroom whatsoever. Most people English teachers here can't speak much at all.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I understand your plight because I was in that situation back in my 20's and up to my mid 30"s! I graduated from college during the height of the 80's recession. I had to go back working at my high school job at JCPenney. I eventually found a job not even related to my field of study paying only $5.00 hour. Back than that was still peanuts. I think my hourly rate was a couple of dollars over minimum wage at the time.

I can tell you my story leading up to my current job as a CAD Instructor, but I've had so many jobs up to that time this post would be way too long. Although I can tell you this, all the mediocre jobs and companies I worked for over that time, gave me work experience and skill no matter how small, and a direction I would have never thought would have happened.

All those years of struggling and working to make ends meet did finally pay off. I still value my education at the trade schools. Having received a college education and a technical school education, I constantly try to impress on my students the value of technical schools. The hands-on experience and the in-depth skill learned at a trade school is really by far the best way to learn. I agree that in some careers a college education is necessary, but for the most part, there are a lot of dead end degrees colleges offer.

It's funny, but with all the work experience leading up to my current job, I've become experienced in many areas and my work place takes advantage of it (with extra pay).
Since that time I've built my own addition on my home, I've saved thousands on home repairs because I learned how to do them myself. People at work and friends of my wife are amazed about how many things I know how to do.

Sometimes being laid-off, or working mediocre jobs sometimes have a way on setting your path in life. I know at the time if someone said that to me, I would say they were patronizing me. Now that I've lived it, I could truly say it worked for me.

The best word of advice I can give you is never, ever give-up. Don't just accept a job without keeping your sights open to other possibilities. Make as many contacts as you can, you never know who can line-up a better paying job for you. Motivation, education, skills you can offer and good communication skills are the key.

Good luck to you my friend. I know it's frustrating, but keep pounding the pavement.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Um, I just turned down a job offer in Saginaw because they only offered 70K/yr.

Jobs do exist.

Holy toledo batman, that is more than twice what I make and I own my house (well technically its in mortgage but still)

I have to agree with what someone said its all about location. I do know though that moving without money is nigh on impossible if you have a family though.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Networking is great advice.

Check out linked-in dot com.

Put your resume there online and start joining groups that interest you.

In fact....check out Karen.

She will connect to anyone!

Karen Denham
Client Development Manager (Will accept all invites +7,200 direct connections)
Manchester, United Kingdom Oil & Energy

http:// www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=110304869&authType=name&authToken=7Sk4&goback=%2Enmp_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1&trk=NUS_UNIU_SHARE-prfl

edit on 19-5-2012 by kawika because: add text

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Jobs are available, it may just not be what you want or not enough to cover what you need. I saw three places just yesterday that were hiring. One of them admittedly was at Family Dollar, but the work is out there.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible
If you really want a job, you will find a job. Stop being picky, and do what you have to do. There are more ways to earn income than slaving a 9 to 5. Regardless of how you feel about the state of america at this point, there is still room for opportunity. You just have to want it more than the next man and work harder than the next man. Stop crying and do something about it. You obviously have money for internet access somehow. Get your priorities straight and realize this world isnt meant for your convenience. Best man for the job. Now get off your ass and off ats and do something productive.
edit on 19-5-2012 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

if you work harder than the next man, you will likely be ganged up against by your co-workers for making them look bad. specially if you outwork your boss.

first, you need an boss who is not a crooked ass person in order for this to work.... then by all means, work your ass of and be an asset.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

This is what I am dealing with at present.

I work like a fiend and started a midnight shift.

I am eating the dayworkers lunch as they come to work in the morning and there is nothing left to do.

Ha....

They hate me. Boss loves me though...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join