It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No jobs avalible anywhere!!!!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
There are loads of jobs around.

I fear that many of the people complaining about lack of jobs are those who are too picky or stuck-up to apply for jobs which they think are ''demeaning''.

What state do you live in? You should report "there are loads of jobs" in your area to the Bureau of Labor Statistics so they can inform the 22 million people out of work, some of whom I'm sure would be willing to work "demeaning" jobs just so they can get their foot in the door.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I live (and was born and raised) here in Detroit and have a job, and let me tell you it's a doozy. I started landscaping when I was 14 and started at $6.50 under the table. 4 years later i was making $9 an hour (woohoo)......................

And thats it. I JUST got my raise to $12 an hour about two weeks ago...5 years after that^^

The only way to make good money in this town is to do it illegally, it's true, just ask the MAYOR...

Ehm...ex-mayor...
edit on 19-5-2012 by Bigfoot12714 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

Oh and a little tip try indeed.com very helpful resource,thats how i found both my jobs.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hey look a thread created an hour ago with a solution the problem
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wow....

Awesome Poster this guy

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Give you a job?

Give you a job?

What someone suppose to come knocking on your door and say here's a job would you like a 401k with that?

Blah!

Expected from the current generation stuck on their ids.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Move north into the UP. We may not have the culture you do down there but if you are hard working you can find a job.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

Snow removal?

Just kidding, some people like the city life though...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I've been having this same kind of rant for the past year.

I graduated college in 2011 and have been unemployed ever since. All of my friends with jobs got them because "mommy and daddy" were able to get them a place in their company, or their brother or sister was able to pull strings at their office. I don't have that luxury. So I've basically been searching craigslist and other web-based job searching sites.

I know I'm not in the minority though. Over 50% of recent college graduates are out of work. But it still doesn't make me feel any better to know that there are millions of other people searching for the same thing I am.

And it's all about experience. As you said in the OP. And that can get ridiculous. You need work to get experience. But you need experience to get work... I mean, seriously... really?
I know that I excel at everything I put my mind to, so why can't someone give me a chance to prove it? I mean, I know businesses can't exactly hire based on a "giving someone a chance" mentality. But it'd be nice to hope.

Luckily, just this past week, I got a job offer. So I hope that my search is over. But of course, it's the weekend, so I won't know if it's official or not until Monday or Tuesday. So I'm not getting my hopes too high.

But, to the OP, you just have to persevere. I know I'm in a different part of the country, so I might have had an easier time of it. But I know the frustration of sending out hundreds of resumes and only getting a handful of calls back. It's disconcerting. And after failure, it's pretty hard to just pick yourself back up again and work to send out more resumes, especially when you can only think, "this is futile."
But eventually... someone will call, you'll go for the interview, and FINALLY you'll be the candidate they're looking for. And the weight will be lifted off your shoulders. It'll happen, even though now you feel overwhelmed.

I wish the best of luck to you. And I hope you can put the passion that you put in your original post into your job quest.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Come to Australia mate.
Queensland is very short of people to work in the resouces industry.
Jobs paying up to $1,000 a day.

There is work, and lots of it.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MadGaz

Come to Australia mate.
Queensland is very short of people to work in the resouces industry.
Jobs paying up to $1,000 a day.

There is work, and lots of it.

Crikey!!!!!!!!!!!

Would we be illegal workers there or no problem??

edit on 19-5-2012 by kawika because: add quote

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I don't thinkl there is any problems with American's working in Oz as I come accross a few out here.
Oz and US are pretty good mates.
There are work visas that can be obtained. The details I am not aware of, but we are having more and more international employees as the skills shortage is great.

Check here for positions available.

www.seek.com.au...

If you are keen and want a good paying job, there is a large world out there other than the 48 states.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Star n flag dude, I feel you. I'm a shoot hot carpenter/joiner with 30 years practical experience, I usually work self employed supplying labour only, never struggled to find work. Til this year. Had a call from Steve the other day, a guy I worked with semi-regular over the years the other day. First call this year. Steve is near retiring age and he's cashed up to freak, he doesn't need to work anymore. But he's been sat in his house so far this year, going mad and getting fat. He asks me if I want a few weeks work, but the money is poor. He's been pricing jobs, and getting none. So he's cut prices to the bone just to get his backside out of the house and it reflects in what he can offer me. So I'm working for 2/3 what i'm worth, but it's cash £notes and the taxman aint seeing none of it.
My advice? start growing potatoes in your backyard, buy guns and ammunition and start storing food.
The 'endgame' has started.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I see lots of delluded posters who can't see the forest through all the trees, either being complacent or propping up this intentionally broken down system. I imagine its better to perpetuate the lie working for some PR firm contracted by the government then to let your children and wife starve to death, but please comprehend in the meantime you are part of the problem.

Outsourcing IS the problem. It has been going on for close to 3 decades and even blind and deaf people should have gotten a clue by now. Here is an idea, YOU stop misinforming and YOU go to asia to work in some SWEAT-SHOP abused to death working long hours for below mininum wage, THEN COME BACK TO ATS and publicly apologise.

I am NOT holding my breath. It is better if everyone quit working soon so the system could collapse faster. Get your guns ready and lots and lots of ammunition. Send the stupid government and all the cigar-smoking, obesse parasites off this planet once and for all. One way ticket to hell! Like some poster said before me, you can't screw the majority and ever hope to get away with it. They will chase you down with a primordial vengence never seen before in history: worst than hungry cannibals.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714
reply to post by Covertblack

Snow removal?

Just kidding, some people like the city life though...

Hehe just some physical fitness!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hey Jordan...

I've been telling you for some time to get rid of those damn tattoos and earings! Burger King won't take you because of health concerns, TSA won't take you because you set off the alarms, and trying to sell cars, Well, I think you understand.

I know my words probably sound futile, but I did give you a good laugh!

Try to hang in there my friend. Something will come along.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
"Try to hang in there my friend. Something will come along." -You

"i've got a job for you self-obssessed fools, and it pays GREAT!" -God/Me/You
edit on 19/5/12 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I turned down 3 jobs in the past week... i have no college education. In ireland btw

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I have 2 open jouneyman plumber positins that pay 50k a year at my company.

There are 1,200 union plumbers sitting on the bench right now, but they earn 125k under the union, when they have steady work, so they won't take a full time job that pays a good wage.

There are jobs, just not many qualified workers.

edit on 19-5-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
What if there were no "jobs". What if your own destiny was in your hands? Well then you would be living about 200 years ago. Who knows, someday we may be back to that point....

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

You are overqualified, meaning you are American and those jobs are probably reserved for outsourcing and illegals.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join