It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Justice Breyer Robbed....Again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
(I searched the name w/ D.C. and 2nd robbery. Everything I saw was about the 1st one.. Hope I didn't miss one)

Crooks target Supreme Court Justice Breyer for second time in three months

Less than three months after he was robbed at his vacation home in the Caribbean, Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer has been targeted again -- this time by burglars at his Washington, D.C., house.

Breyer's property was raided May 4, The Washington Post reported Thursday, with cutlery and candlesticks worth about $3,500 taken.

The robbery comes a month after Congress allocated nearly $1 million to hire 12 new Supreme Court police officers, according to The Hill

Isn't that just something? I believe it's a safe bet that this Supreme Court is closer to the subject of crime and personal threat that any in living memory. I tend to lean toward saying at least for this current set of Justices, there won't be much of anything getting past them with even the hints of Anti-gun or Anti-personal defense. Not when one of their own narrowly missed becoming a statistic the first time and who knows what did it the second.

Thankfully he wasn't home to see if saying who he was helped or actually got him killed quicker. In D.C? Wow.. Who knows. What a statement about our Nation's Capital, eh?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I tend to lean toward saying at least for this current set of Justices, there won't be much of anything getting past them with even the hints of Anti-gun or Anti-personal defense.

I disagree.

If he has previously been robbed at gunpoint, then that will make him realise just how dangerous and preposterous it is to allow any Tom, Dick or Mary to run around with a loaded gun.

You're barking up the wrong tree, here.

Tough laws against guns = very little serious gun crime (eg. UK).

Firearms culturally prevalent within society = high murder rates and volatile society (eg. USA).

edit on 18-5-2012 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Yeah, I understand that's helped a great deal over there with knife crime. I'll take a bullet to being gutted like a fish on the dock any day and twice on Sunday.

I also can't get out of my mind..and probably never will, how that young man was filmed during your unrest awhile back being mugged. Well, mugged really is overstating things. The film appeared to just show the criminal menacing the guy...but that was enough to strip and give up everything he had. Yikes..... Since it's all the same and my absolute right in this nation, I shall take comfort in my Concealed Weapons Permit and knowing if crime is how I go and being a victim is my final role in life, I'll have company all the way down.

In this case, I was also considering the fact that this court has yet to miss an opportunity to fully affirm gun rights as an absolute right of the individual. ........and the one that almost killed him the first time was swinging a machette. No gun. I'll just bet Justice Breyer considered how bringing his OWN gun to that particular knife fight might have been a decent idea though. Fortunately, the local islander that got the drop on him wasn't a killer...or wasn't that day anyway.

new topics

join