It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo taken years ago with some object in view

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Please don't judge me with this as I have only just noticed this in the clouds on my photo. No idea what it is and if I invert the photo you can see the object better.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
swamp gas....

actually im not sure what it is, though it is clearly visable in both images.

interesting little light flare way up there in the sky... though i couldnt tell you what it is i can tell you what it is not.... SUPERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
it was taken outside no windows so no idea what it could be I only took that photo due to the clouds as I'm a storm fanatic lol but only just noticed that cigar shaped object

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Very interesting looking. I could give you many different reasons for it being in the photo (ranging from light reflected from somewhere, scratch on the lens, or lens defect), but it's a single shot.

Do you have any others of this showing movement, or from different angles?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Wow.. S/F and I'm sure interested in hearing other people's opinions. I was going to say flare or reflection from an off-camera light source, but the treatment applied to the second one seemed to highlight it, not diminish it. That stops me from saying more... Interesting!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
Very interesting looking. I could give you many different reasons for it being in the photo (ranging from light reflected from somewhere, scratch on the lens, or lens defect), but it's a single shot.

Sorry I don't have anymore as I was only interested in the way the clouds looked

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
if they are using a cloaking device then we can invert photo's and see the object stand out

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl

Sorry I don't have anymore as I was only interested in the way the clouds looked

Well if you are not seeing a line like that in other photo's then you can rule out things like scratch on the lens, etc, because it would appear in each camera shot of anything you shoot a picture of.

I hate to call it a lens flare (because us skeptics get yelled at for declaring that so much), but I do want to point something out:

Zoom it where the sun is, and look just slightly above it. You'll see a fainter version of that same redish, purple line.

I'm not saying that's the answer, but again, it would explain what it is, especially if when you took the picture, you did not see an object with your own eyes.

Just my opinion, you'll have many drop by and give theirs. Thanks for posting the picture and asking for people to look at it.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Well if you are not seeing a line like that in other photo's then you can rule out things like scratch on the lens, etc, because it would appear in each camera shot of anything you shoot a picture of.

I hate to call it a lens flare (because us skeptics get yelled at for declaring that so much), but I do want to point something out:

Zoom it where the sun is, and look just slightly above it. You'll see a fainter version of that same redish, purple line.

I'm not saying that's the answer, but again, it would explain what it is, especially if when you took the picture, you did not see an object with your own eyes.

Just my opinion, you'll have many drop by and give theirs. Thanks for posting the picture and asking for people to look at it.

Thank you all for your own views and I really appriciate it and I will next time look out for the same object and take different angles lol x

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

if they are using a cloaking device then we can invert photo's and see the object stand out
If it's visible on an inverted colour version then it was visible on the original, as the process of invert the colours doesn't create new data.

As for what it may have been, it looks like lens flare.

If it's lens flare then you will likely have more photos from that camera showing it.

new topics

top topics

join