It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we lived forever there would be no need for religion.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by AllIsOne

Why does an extended lifespan automatically prove the existence of a god?

First of all, if we could live forever, we would have been provided with a body that doesn't age or gets sick and only a creator gets to decide that.

No, life is about the retention and tranfer of information --->DNA. Evolution will move from biological to hybrids to fully digital. Ray Kurzweil's singularity theory is just the beginning. The concept of a god is not necessary.

Secondly, the only way to live forever is to eliminate sin from the earth to keep us from trying to kill each other, and once again, only God can keep that from happening too.

The elimination of a biological body will eliminate the need to kill for survival.

I have no doubt that you think I'm crazy, but evolution works in mysterious ways ...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I've come to my personal conclusion that religion is the ultimate band aid for humankind. In a nutshell here is why:

Our time on this planet is limited, and rather mundane. If you look at nature you will notice that it is "survival of the fittest". Basically, the big fish eat the smaller fish. You live for a couple of decades and then you turn to worm food. End of story.

For a sentient being to come to terms with this rather bleak outlook, we have created an alternative reality in which there is a just, benevolent Creator. That entity holds the key to our "hidden meaning" of life and sets the moral standards that are otherwise lacking in nature. In Christianity there is the promise of being raised from the dead. I think that core belief (resurrection) is actually very telling.

If we lived forever would there be a need for a God? I doubt it.

Just my 2 cents. What are your thoughts on this?

We do live forever just not in the pysical form. the Soul lives forever.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

I've come to my personal conclusion that religion is the ultimate band aid for humankind. In a nutshell here is why:

Our time on this planet is limited, and rather mundane. If you look at nature you will notice that it is "survival of the fittest". Basically, the big fish eat the smaller fish. You live for a couple of decades and then you turn to worm food. End of story.

For a sentient being to come to terms with this rather bleak outlook, we have created an alternative reality in which there is a just, benevolent Creator. That entity holds the key to our "hidden meaning" of life and sets the moral standards that are otherwise lacking in nature. In Christianity there is the promise of being raised from the dead. I think that core belief (resurrection) is actually very telling.

If we lived forever would there be a need for a God? I doubt it.

Just my 2 cents. What are your thoughts on this?

We do live forever just not in the pysical form. the Soul lives forever.

OK ... do you have pics that go with them fries ...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

Pics? The soul is invisible so how could I or anyone else have pics of the soul.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer
reply to post by AllIsOne

Pics? The soul is invisible so how could I or anyone else have pics of the soul.

Some people can see the spirit...

I can see what is called "the second spiritual body".... apparently it is the easiest to see... And perhaps you can too!

hold your hand up to a dark surface, and look at the edge of it... if you look closely you can see a VERY faint white outline... that extends only milimeters from the surface of the skin...

Look close.... Can you see?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The soul and spirit is two different enities.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

What makes you so sure that we have a soul? Just because a book says so? Do you follow neuroscience?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join