It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real History of the Federal Reserve:

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

And what do you mean? the government is full of power/money hungry maniacs....how can you NOT see this?

YES! I am happy with the way things are right now, people still have plenty of opportunities to succeed. The fed doesn't really stand in their way...

So what's ur point? if the gov't is really full of power/money hungry maniacs. How the hell can you reasonably consider, ending the fed? Don't you realize it would be impossible under the very scenario you describe!

edit on 22-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

And what do you mean? the government is full of power/money hungry maniacs....how can you NOT see this?

YES! I am happy with the way things are right now, people still have plenty of opportunities to succeed. The fed doesn't really stand in their way...

Financial disaster
Constitution under attack
Seemingly endless wars
Empire stretched thin

You also say the fed doesn't really stand in 'their' way, but also have admitted that the FED is corrupt.

Yet you are happy with the way things are? You are happy with corruption?

Interesting...

edit on 23-5-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Financial disaster
Not caused by the fed... And of course I was upset about the disaster, but what do you want ME to do about it personally? Specifically?

The Catholic Church is suing Obama. Good enough for me!

Seemingly endless wars
I'm not going to tell you why wars are necessary, but what wars are we currently in right now? Libya? over. Syria? Over. Egypt? Over. Iraq? Over. Don't get me wrong. Obama and Bush were wrong to go over board with the wars. But what am I going to do about it?

Empire stretched thin
sensationalism and your opinion.

You also say the fed doesn't really stand in 'their' way, but also have admitted that the FED is corrupt.

I said the fed doesn't stand in the way of people's right to succeed! They do work hand in hand with the government. And what does your last three rants have to do with the fed?
edit on 23-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Financial disaster
Not caused by the fed... And of course I was upset about the disaster, but what do you want ME to do about it personally? Specifically?

The Catholic Church is suing Obama. Good enough for me!

Seemingly endless wars
I'm not going to tell you why wars are necessary, but what wars are we currently in right now? Libya? over. Syria? Over. Egypt? Over. Iraq? Over. Don't get me wrong. Obama and Bush were wrong to go over board with the wars. But what am I going to do about it?

Empire stretched thin
sensationalism and your opinion.

I said the fed doesn't stand in the way of people's right to succeed! They do work hand in hand with the government. And what does your last three rants have to do with the fed?
edit on 23-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

So you agree there is a financial disaster. check

You acquiesced, defaulting your argument that Constitution isn't under attack. check

You really think Iraq is over? wow...

Military all over the world and an almost 16 trillion dollar debt with the military eating a chunk of it yearly isn't an empire being stretched thin? interesting...

But at the end of the day, you are happy with the status quo. Good for you!

Should something be done about the FED? yes. You KNOW the FED is wrong and corrupt yet keep your trap shut and behave like a good slave because it might sting to fight back.

An audit was presented as a viable first step towards eliminating the FED but that is not what your masters want for you thus that is not what you want to do. I get it.

edit on 25-5-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

So you agree there is a financial disaster. check

Ok. You didn't answer any of my questions. You just twisted some of my words to make it sound like I agree with you...

What do you want me to do about the fed or the financial disaster which wasn't caused by the fed itself??

You acquiesced, defaulting your argument that Constitution isn't under attack. check

No. I said, that more powerful organizations are fixing the mess that Obama has put us in for three years. I suspect the SCOTUS will overturn the HealthCare Mandate and some states will win the lawsuit against him! That does a lot more than anything I can do myself at this point in my lifetime Hint Hint!

You really think Iraq is over? wow...
The official war started by Bush is over according to the Obama administration. Even though Bush's timeline was planned out to when Obama claimed he ended it. Funny how he can take credit for what Bush did there! But if you think all little squabbles over oil/land/resources are official wars than you clearly don't understand what a war is...

Should something be done about the FED? yes. You don't think so because you're happy with it and obviously not happy with the solution that the FED needs to be audited and is the first step towards solving the problems they cause.

But in short of telling me to vote for Ron Paul, your not telling me what I should personally do to audit the fed!

It's funny when I ask Ron Paul supporters what I should physically and personally do about the Federal Reserve and all of their talking points. Then, they say, I don't want to do something! Well, I am asking for advice. What should I be doing personally and physically???? I find it hilarious that you guys can never answer this simple question..

Again what does your last three rants have to do with the FED?
edit on 25-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

It's funny when I ask Ron Paul supporters what I should physically and personally do about the Federal Reserve and all of their talking points. Then, they say, I don't want to do something! Well, I am asking for advice. What should I be doing personally and physically???? I find it hilarious that you guys can never answer this simple question..

To put it simply, YOU can PERSONALLY and PHYSICALLY call your congressman and senators to support the Audit the FED bill coming up in July in both house and senate.

YOU can also help educate others about what they can do to make sure the FED gets a full audit.

So yes, there is plenty YOU can do. Whether you do it or not is really up to YOU.

Don't forget you openly acknowledged the corruption of the FED and said something should be done about it.

Earlier in this thread, you acknowledged the FED as a problem in this country yet knew of no feasible way to function without them. In this last page of the thread, you openly state you are quite HAPPY with the current state of this nation. So what is it? Don't tell me you've got multiple personalities...

edit on 25-5-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
"Give me control of a nation's money
and I care not who makes the laws."

Mayer Amschel Rothschild (1744 -1812),
Godfather of the Rothschild Banking Cartel
edit on 25-5-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

To put it simply, YOU can PERSONALLY and PHYSICALLY call your congressman and senators to support the Audit the FED bill coming up in July in both house and senate.

YOU can also help educate others about what they can do to make sure the FED gets a full audit.

I don't believe in actively cold calling congressmen and senators. It just doesn't make me feel powerful or accomplished at all. I'd rather work on political campaigns in my local state and districts and most of those politicians are not actively campaigning on this one issue they are campaigning on issues nearer and dearer to me and the people closest to me in my county and state! I'm not going to bring up the FED if the discussion has nothing to do with it. That's not what you do in professional politics.

Earlier in this thread, you acknowledged the FED as a problem in this country yet knew of no feasible way to function without them. In this last page of the thread, you openly state you are quite HAPPY with the current state of this nation. So what is it? Don't tell me you've got multiple personalities...

Wrong. I said it was corrupt and what can I do about corruption? Because if ATS has taught me anything its that you can find corruption in everything! This is why I sometimes feel hopeless in politics. I love politics and love to work to bring balance to the issues. Like I have tried to do in this thread. You are still the one trying to bring me to do something about the fed where I am completely happy that it exists since I actually know the real history behind it. And I hope you do to, since you are commenting here I assume you read the whole thread.

I do not want to end the fed because of the wildcat banking that will resume once its gone. Auditing the fed will probably be pointless too, because they are bankers, according to some, fudging numbers is what they do! And they can do it better and more efficiently than the global warming people and the politicians on each political campaign on all the political campaigns happening across the country to make it seem like each of the candidates are winning.

Do you see how its kind of pointless now?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

IDK he knows how to read

"I don't know he knows how to read" ???

IDK you know how to write!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

You do understand what will happen once the Fed is dismantled and you have nothing controlling the bankers right? It's called wildcat banking and was the main reason the Fed was created in the first place. How will your system curb corruption?

That's fine! Let them catfight away.. at least they'd be liable unto themselves and we'd have the freedom to decide whether or not to be involved with those banks. What we have right now is essentially wildcat banking on steroids! The only difference is that THE TAXPAYER is held accountable for their risky actions and disastrous mistakes!!!!

And wildcat banking was not one of the main reasons the fed was created. It was a factor, but only in the sense that those banks out west were posing a threat to the centralization of money in new york. The Fed would have happened with or without the emergence of wildcat banking. Jekyll Island was an agreement between all the top banks out east to basically eliminate the competition between themselves because there was more money to be made if they were all in on it together against you and me! John D. Rockefeller, America's first billionaire wasn't kidding when he frequently said "competition is a sin". Wait, what's that? John. D Rockefellers daughter married Senator Nelson Aldrich's son? Who wudda thunk it!?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

That's fine! Let them catfight away.. at least they'd be liable unto themselves and we'd have the freedom to decide whether or not to be involved with those banks.

Seriously? They are banks! The epitome of evil compared to some. Number one: You would still be "controlled" by the banks because they would be directly involved with your money. Number two: Not every idiot understands the economy or let alone how to handle their own money now! Number three: You don't think mass corruption will happen on a wider scale without government oversight??? That's funny. That's usually why liberals fight for government agencies to rid corruption in the private sector. So, What's going to happen to all the liberals? Vanish off the face of the earth?

The Fed would have happened with or without the emergence of wildcat banking.

Bingo, but the Fed helped stop wildcat banking, because without it. God knows what type of mess the US economy would have been in. It 100% would not have lasted over 200 years that's for sure! Oh wait, there wasn't technically a US economy back then, since we were still trying to figure out how to centralize everything to make our currency more profitable for investors!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

That's fine! Let them catfight away.. at least they'd be liable unto themselves and we'd have the freedom to decide whether or not to be involved with those banks.

Seriously? They are banks! The epitome of evil compared to some. Number one: You would still be "controlled" by the banks because they would be directly involved with your money. Number two: Not every idiot understands the economy or let alone how to handle their own money now! Number three: You don't think mass corruption will happen on a wider scale without government oversight??? That's funny. That's usually why liberals fight for government agencies to rid corruption in the private sector. So, What's going to happen to all the liberals? Vanish off the face of the earth?

No I don't think mass corruption would happen on a wider scale.. that's the point of the Fed, it's a collusion of private bankers WITH government AGAINST the people. It's the ultimate corruption! One of the main prospects of the Jekyll Island meetings was how to pass the loses onto the taxpayer. It's INSANE that we pay for their mistakes.

The bankers are the ones writing the laws! Any "oversight" that they have is FROM THEMSELVES. The bankers LIKE "oversight" because they're the ones writing the laws! They get to have the government enforce what THEY want!!! It's MADNESS

Let me ask you this.. if banks would soo benefit from ending the Fed and being able to go nuts with no more "limitations", then why do they throw their money at the candidates who would keep everything as it is, and throw no money at the candidate who pledges to end the fed?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
i've bought this book years ago, the author is profiled here
en.wikipedia.org...
the federal reserve is a neccessary evil...early america and its people went through some major financial hardships in the many schemes devised for a federal monatary/banking system.
edit on 26-5-2012 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

No I don't think mass corruption would happen on a wider scale.. that's the point of the Fed, it's a collusion of private bankers WITH government AGAINST the people. It's the ultimate corruption! One of the main prospects of the Jekyll Island meetings was how to pass the loses onto the taxpayer. It's INSANE that we pay for their mistakes.

The bankers are the ones writing the laws! Any "oversight" that they have is FROM THEMSELVES. The bankers LIKE "oversight" because they're the ones writing the laws! They get to have the government enforce what THEY want!!! It's MADNESS

Let me ask you this.. if banks would soo benefit from ending the Fed and being able to go nuts with no more "limitations", then why do they throw their money at the candidates who would keep everything as it is, and throw no money at the candidate who pledges to end the fed?

I can't possibly answer your question because we believe different things. I am just telling you what the others believe. I personally have no battle with the fed. I don't care weather it exists or not. But I know it will never not exist so I personally do not spend much time trying to do something about something I believe will never happen. This is why I made this thread in the first place to talk about the real history behind the fed and why its needed.
edit on 26-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Here is the problem with the Fed and fractional reserve banking. In order to operate the economy properly and allow the ability for wealth to be created as a whole, an economy needs more and more currency as the economy grows, . Under our current system any increase in money means an even bigger increase in debt as interest is attached to all these borrowings. Thus as we create money the pool of real wealth gets smaller and smaller instead of getting bigger as it should. This leaves inflation as the only mechanism for creating overall economic wealth, but it does not create real wealth.

In order to fix this we need a currency which represents the productivity of the country. The more we produce the larger the Reall money supply should be. Instead it works in reverse - the more money pumped into the economy the less real wealth we have. This is why we always end up crashing - the banks end up stealing all our productivity. As a whole we can't save for the future if there is less and less to go around each time.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I can't possibly answer your question because we believe different things. I am just telling you what the others believe. I personally have no battle with the fed. I don't care weather it exists or not. But I know it will never not exist so I personally do not spend much time trying to do something about something I believe will never happen. This is why I made this thread in the first place to talk about the real history behind the fed and why its needed.
edit on 26-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

Fair enough

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
i've bought this book years ago, the author is profiled here
en.wikipedia.org...
the federal reserve is a neccessary evil...early america and its people went through some major financial hardships in the many schemes devised for a federal monatary/banking system.
edit on 26-5-2012 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

Yeah.. that's a great book. All 600 pages of it hah. It's as much about world history of the last 200 years in general as it is about the Fed itself

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join