It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real History of the Federal Reserve:

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Did you read the portion of the OP on wildcat banking? cause I suggest you do!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
reply to post by Americanist

You rid the corruption by purging the enablers. We're witnessing this in action.

I would love to believe this is what is happening, but see no evidence. I pretty much see the contrary. Could you provide some? (evidence) Has our entire congress been executed?
edit on 19-5-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

IDK he knows how to read, because his "evidence" linked to JPMorgan's troubles. That has nothing to do with ending the FED.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

You are absolutely right, as a single person, there is only one thing I can do to end the private banking cartel. Educate people. If enough people want an end to the FED, the end will come. We do have some powerful people on our side:

Kucinich bill seeks to end the Federal Reserve

A bill put forward by Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) would do what libertarians and conservatives have long wished for: effectively end the Federal Reserve.

The National Emergency Employment Defense (NEED) Act of 2011 would place the Federal Reserve, a private, qusai-governmental institution that controls the nation’s monetary policy, under control of the U.S. Treasury. It would also implement new rules for the financial industry, in hopes of ending the worst abuses that created the 2008 financial collapse and the ensuing recession.

Listening to Kucinich speak about the Fed, one gets the sense that he’s moved even closer to the position typically championed by his polar opposite in the House, arch-conservative Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX), currently a candidate for the Republican nomination to the presidency.

Paul and Kucinich have both long agreed that something must be done about the Fed, formed by an act of Congress in 1913 as a way of stabilizing the banking industry. Both men have vocally supported audits of the Fed’s accounts, but Kucinich has not gone as far as Paul in most of his advocacy. Until now.

“Ten million homes are in jeopardy,” he explained in a recent plea for support published to YouTube. “Fourteen million people out of work. Fifty million without health care. Endless wars. The Fed creates money out of nothing, gives it to banks, banks keep it on deposit, gain interest, pay high bonuses — fat city — while the rest of America falls apart. The Fed creates money out of nothing for the banks. Meanwhile, the rest of us have to be stuck in a debt-based economic system? I don’t think so.”

“Now do you understand ‘Occupy Wall Street’?” he asked.

Along those very lines, The NEED Act calls for “creation of money by private financial institutions as interest-bearing debts” to “cease once and for all.” It would also block commercial banks from betting depositors’ funds on risky investments like credit default swaps and derivatives, essentially restoring the wall of separation between commercial and investment banking that was toppled by repealing the Glass-Stegall Act.

“Reclaiming the power of the Federal Government to create money, and to spend or lend money into circulation as needed, eliminates the need to treat money as a Federal liability or to pay interest charges on the Nation’s money supply to financial institutions,” the bill’s text reads. “[It] also renders unnecessary the undue influence of private financial institutions over public policy.”
source
Of course, I don't have to mention Candidate for President Ron Paul, he has been after the FED for many years now.

The Federal Reserve Bank is a House of Cards. One day, sooner than later, the Central Bank will collapse. Then we all start over.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

The Federal Reserve Bank is a House of Cards. One day, sooner than later, the Central Bank will collapse. Then we all start over.

But what are you planning to do about it? Why do you want to start all over? What can be better?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

But what are you planning to do about it? Why do you want to start all over? What can be better?

Right now we are using an interest based monetary system. We pay interest on any and all money we use, and many taxes on products, and many hidden taxes we cannot see. To replace this, we need a monetary medium that is market driven, and not traded on Wall Street. Like the Silver Certificate we used to use.
A little History lesson, either you are not old enough to remember, or have forgotten.

On June 4, 1963, a virtually unknown Presidential decree, Executive Order 11110, was signed with the authority to basically strip the Bank of its power to loan money to the United States Federal Government at interest. With the stroke of a pen, President Kennedy declared that the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank would soon be out of business. The Christian Law Fellowship has exhaustively researched this matter through the Federal Register and Library of Congress. We can now safely conclude that this Executive Order has never been repealed, amended, or superceded by any subsequent Executive Order. In simple terms, it is still valid.

When President John Fitzgerald Kennedy - the author of Profiles in Courage -signed this Order, it returned to the federal government, specifically the Treasury Department, the Constitutional power to create and issue currency -money - without going through the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank. President Kennedy's Executive Order 11110 [the full text is displayed further below] gave the Treasury Department the explicit authority: "to issue silver certificates against any silver bullion, silver, or standard silver dollars in the Treasury." This means that for every ounce of silver in the U.S. Treasury's vault, the government could introduce new money into circulation based on the silver bullion physically held there. As a result, more than $4 billion in United States Notes were brought into circulation in $2 and $5 denominations. $10 and $20 United States Notes were never circulated but were being printed by the Treasury Department when Kennedy was assassinated. It appears obvious that President Kennedy knew the Federal Reserve Notes being used as the purported legal currency were contrary to the Constitution of the United States of America.

"United States Notes" were issued as an interest-free and debt-free currency backed by silver reserves in the U.S. Treasury. We compared a "Federal Reserve Note" issued from the private central bank of the United States (the Federal Reserve Bank a/k/a Federal Reserve System), with a "United States Note" from the U.S. Treasury issued by President Kennedy's Executive Order. They almost look alike, except one says "Federal Reserve Note" on the top while the other says "United States Note". Also, the Federal Reserve Note has a green seal and serial number while the United States Note has a red seal and serial number.

President Kennedy was assassinated on November 22, 1963 and the United States Notes he had issued were immediately taken out of circulation. Federal Reserve Notes continued to serve as the legal currency of the nation. According to the United States Secret Service, 99% of all U.S. paper "currency" circulating in 1999 are Federal Reserve Notes.

Kennedy knew that if the silver-backed United States Notes were widely circulated, they would have eliminated the demand for Federal Reserve Notes. This is a very simple matter of economics. The USN was backed by silver and the FRN was not backed by anything of intrinsic value. Executive Order 11110 should have prevented the national debt from reaching its current level (virtually all of the nearly $9 trillion in federal debt has been created since 1963) if LBJ or any subsequent President were to enforce it. It would have almost immediately given the U.S. Government the ability to repay its debt without going to the private Federal Reserve Banks and being charged interest to create new "money". Executive Order 11110 gave the U.S.A. the ability to, once again, create its own money backed by silver and realm value worth something.
John F. Kennedy vs The Federal Reserve
Answer your question?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

To resolve the issue of the fiat currency, issued by the Continental Congress immediately prior to and during the United States Revolutionary War—the "Continental".

Oh that's rich can't stop laughing!!!!

End the FED!!!

End the Fed!!! is chant said by people who do not understand what the Fed does. Instead of blinding following Paul who is medical doctor and not an economist, you should do some actual research on the central banking of the US.
The only reason Jackson abolished the central bank at the time was because his opponent was for it.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Right now we are using an interest based monetary system. We pay interest on any and all money we use, and many taxes on products, and many hidden taxes we cannot see. To replace this, we need a monetary medium that is market driven, and not traded on Wall Street. Like the Silver Certificate we used to use.

You do understand what will happen once the Fed is dismantled and you have nothing controlling the bankers right? It's called wildcat banking and was the main reason the Fed was created in the first place. How will your system curb corruption?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Oh that's rich considering i can't stand Paul everyone knows full well what the Federal Reserve is.

Blah.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by gorgi

Oh that's rich considering i can't stand Paul everyone knows full well what the Federal Reserve is.

Blah.

Apparently not everyone does. People who claim that the Fed should be ended have no idea why the Fed was created and what it dies and what would happen if it was dissolved. Its the opposite of what you would think.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Did you read the portion of the OP on wildcat banking? cause I suggest you do!

Yeah, so? What's your point? Was some portion of what I said incorrect?

Creating the monster that is now that FED or any central bank that matter only facilitates theft and fraud by the criminal international bankster and their lap dog puppet politicians. If that were not the case, the US or any country with a central bank would not be playing the austerity game, since economies would settle to their actual value. In any event, with a social credit system, the value of the country maintained by the corporation of the government would be owned by the shareholders, meaning the citizens rather than the banks.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

why the Fed was created and what it dies

Don't think we didn't notice the Freudian slip...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
lol didn't think the distaste for Ron Paul would drive some people to protect the the federal reserve (complex?).

At least Neo96 gets it...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
lol didn't think the distaste for Ron Paul would drive some people to protect the the federal reserve (complex?).

At least Neo96 gets it...

Wrong, making a post about its history is not defending it. For I am well aware of the fraud there. However, if you read the OP. You would know that there really isn't anything to be done, or really anything else that can be put in its place. What do you suggest?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Creating the monster that is now that FED or any central bank that matter only facilitates theft and fraud by the criminal international bankster and their lap dog puppet politicians. If that were not the case, the US or any country with a central bank would not be playing the austerity game, since economies would settle to their actual value. In any event, with a social credit system, the value of the country maintained by the corporation of the government would be owned by the shareholders, meaning the citizens rather than the banks.

Cheers - Dave

And you think the American people will handle their money with bankers better than the Federal Reserve? That would equate to widespread corruption on an entirely different level my friend!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The Seeding of the Federal Reserve

I was researching some history of my home town (Lafayette Indiana) and found some interesting facts concerning the seeding of the federal Reserve.

In the mid to late 1800's My town was known as the "Star City" and was one of the fastest growing places in the country. We are seated along the wabash river which feeds into to Ohio River. At the time the Erie Canal was at full swing, and ran through our town, running along side the Wabash River. This was a great link between the Eastern States, The Great Lakes, and the Rivers leading to the Gulf of Mexico. It also became a stop for people traveling west on the Oregon Trail.

A couple of Jewish Immigrants from Germany trying to make it in the new world opened up a store and wagon mending facility in Lafayette. Eventually they also dabbled in loans and furniture making. The name of the company was called Kahun and Loeb. Eventually those loans made them realize they were bankers and opened up a bank. They soon opened a store/bank in Cincinnati Ohio and moved the head quarters there, then on to new york where they became the nations second leading bank behind J. P. Morgan.

This is the part where I the history get's fuzzy and there are multiple versions. The only part I know of to be 100% is that Rothschild sent a man by the name of Jacob Schiff to find an up and coming financial company to exploid as a way to help bring in the Federal Reserve.

Some sources say Jacob Schiff started at the company while it was still in Lafayette, others say he joined up while it was in Cincinnati, while others say he didn't join the company till they were already in New York. Either way He eventually became the leader of the company and caused it to grow in power and influence under the direction of the Rothschild.

In time the He became a big player in the ushering in the Federal Reserve and became Rothschild's primary source in brokering deals and what not.

I was honestly astounded when I found this, as it hit's close to home. So yes the federal reserve was born of two Jewish immigrants just trying to make a name in a new up and coming city in the midwest. At the time the of Kuhn and Loebs arrival in Lafayette, Lafayette was less than 20 years old.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Cheers - Dave

And you think the American people will handle their money with bankers better than the Federal Reserve? That would equate to widespread corruption on an entirely different level my friend!

So we need dirty bastards to top dirty bastards... Get a load of that logic!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

But why protect the establishment by arguing that there is no way to eliminate it so it is better off to just live with it until its too late?

For starters, how about auditing the federal reserve? Does that not start the process to inform the masses on the FED?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

If Treasury actually printed and managed the currency of a country using a social credit platform, I believe there would be less corruption. The main "bank" controlled by Treasury would still be centralized, but it would be a government organ owned by the people and would be there to facilitate development and commerce rather than enriching offshore @ssclowns who will make money on, in this case, the US, going up or down.

Predatory usury institutions like the FED, the BOC, the BIS or any centralized fractional reserve bank must go the way of the dinosaurs, otherwise this society will be very short lived. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the writing on the wall, people are pissed off and they are growing in numbers daily. IMHO, this will end in revolution with bankers and politicians heads on pikes or swinging by rope from lamp posts.

To be honest, as much as that situation concerns me (as I have operated in campaigns under fire), I almost welcome that day. The system is broken, it either needs to be fixed or thrown away.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

But why protect the establishment by arguing that there is no way to eliminate it so it is better off to just live with it until its too late?

For starters, how about auditing the federal reserve? Does that not start the process to inform the masses on the FED?

Sure you can try to audit the fed, but who here thinks TPTB will actually listen to you? They don't even listen to the people who try to do it now that have a little bit of power!

I'm scared of the wildcat banking which will happen without the fed. The fed is a system of checks and balances just like the government. It's the same reason I am not hoping for change or some revolution in the gov't because I'm scared of what type of crazy people can come to power then! At least the system we've got is pretty stable and the laws we don't like can change pretty simply.

Forgive me, but after the last guy who promised change, I'm not very optimistic about changing the entire gov't!
edit on 21-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Sure you can try to audit the fed, but who here thinks TPTB will actually listen to you? They don't even listen to the people who try to do it now that have a little bit of power!

I'm scared of the wildcat banking which will happen without the fed. The fed is a system of checks and balances just like the government. It's the same reason I am not hoping for change or some revolution in the gov't because I'm scared of what type of crazy people can come to power then! At least the system we've got is pretty stable and the laws we don't like can change pretty simply.

Forgive me, but after the last guy who promised change, I'm not very optimistic about changing the entire gov't!
edit on 21-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

Well that explains it, you're happy with what you have, and think the government is 'pretty stable'.

And what do you mean? the government is full of power/money hungry maniacs....how can you NOT see this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join