It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warplanes will defend Chicago's skies during NATO

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

This is NATO in Chicago. The UN is in NY.

North Atlantic Trade Organisation ... later ratified to Tready ...

Isn't that the new name for the East Indian Trading Company?

Where are the "real" pirates ... where's Jack Sparrow?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Here's one of the planes flying over my house. Not very good. But meh. Still charging other camera AND letting wasps in the house from running outside so much xD

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
What are these people REALLY scared of? You should all ask yourselves that question.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
What are these people REALLY scared of? You should all ask yourselves that question.

They are not scare. They are using this event as an excuse to get some exercises. Perfect scenario for a practice.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Isnt there a difference between an excersise and actual defense? Looks like this is a show and discuss type thing not defense. What would they be defending against ? Are we under threat of attack ? (again ???)
even regular patrol is not called defense. Its called patrol. Defense indicates an offense to me. Who is the enemy ?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by caterpillage

At least they're trying. What's your plan ?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
America has lost it's friggin mind. Is all this protection NECESSARY? You tellin' me...they couldn't have had this meeting, in a secret location.....say....Bohemian Grove? It just DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. Why be all out in the open....flossin' your power??? Why not just meet, on the Q.T.??? On the D.L.? What are "they" really saying to "you"?

America is known for being "Free and Brave"...and unfortunately......none of that is going on. America is beginning to look WEAK AND FRAIL! SCARED!!! Terrorized!!!

Has anybody noticed that the more 'virtual' wars they fight....the worse things get?

War on Poverty = more poor people
War on Drugs = more people on drugs
War on Terror = more people living in fear.

Starting to get the LINGO?????? Everything they 'say' is the OPPOSITE of what they mean!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I'm three hours south of Chicago and I haven't seen or heard a plane all day. I'm also about twenty miles from the Peoria airport, so I hear and see planes constantly..... Kinda weird.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by restlessinMT
The past few weeks has been full of news about all the preparations and defense plans for Chicago during this weekends NATO meeting. I don't recall past meetings getting all this onslaught of "defense" propaganda. My be it is just me but it just seems like a waste of tax payers money. Of course they probably do have something to fear. But this one is over-the-top.

This weekend is either going to be really interesting or a real let down. I feel as though I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.
edit on 5/18/2012 by restlessinMT because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/18/2012 by restlessinMT because: (no reason given)

You did not see preparations for past meetings because they are held in different places each year. Like the Olympics, there are different hosts. Last year it was in Portugal I believe and before that I think it was Germany. Its on the web for anyone really interested. The G8 (AKA G6, G7 (after Canada joined) and G8 (after Russia joined) is also held in different places. The past seven have been Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia and last time the UK. This year its at Camp David.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

No, but they have their eye on Canada !

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

40 minutes west. Planes and jets up the wazoo. The sky is a weird color it looks and acts like its a clear day, the sun is shining and its HUMID. But the sky, It looks blue, but also greyish. Like. Milky.
edit on 19-5-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by novemberecho

That's weird. I wonder why no planes here? Other than a few clouds, the sky is clear.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nahahh
You tellin' me...they couldn't have had this meeting, in a secret location.

it's because these types of events draw out all of the hardcore protestors and anti-government types.

the police will be trying to identify all the dissenters for the greater Chicago-Ilinois area no doubt.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Yeah I've just been hearing them fly over non stop. Skinny white commercial looking ones (FAST) jets, and I'm trying to get footage. But there is a rather large tree in my way. Time to venture into the wasp infested back yard xD
Also, the sky is JUST starting to have actual clouds cross it. And it's cooled off a lot.
Perhaps a storm is coming?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by novemberecho

Weirdness over. Just saw two planes go by.

Yeah, there's a storm coming, but it's not supposed to be here until tomorrow. Cooled off? It's hotter than hell and very humid here. The protesters must be LOVING the concrete jungle right about now!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The first F-16's CNN filmed over New York City on 9-11 didn't have any weapons under their wings to even use.

Wonder if the fighters over Chicago will atleast have air to air missiles on them?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nahahh

Since everyone knows where Bohemian Grove is, its not a secret location.. They went there on a TV show last year.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Warplanes will defend Chicago's skies during NATO

Perhaps they have heard that Jake and Elwood Blues are on their way into town!

Just trying to lighten the mood....

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture1200

Trust me. If I was on your ass regarding anything, it was not by choice. So relax. Wether its true or not I still like to think I'm one of the good guys. I guess will have to wait and see...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join