It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warplanes will defend Chicago's skies during NATO

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Fact. I like Ron Paul. Fact. The Republican establishment does not. Also fact, he can't win as a Republican. He's way to outside any "common" mainstream to get them interested. And the worse part? He can't be bought. Well, baby, f*** that noise! And yes as I have stated (in other posts) I do have a lot of issues with Dr. Paul's positions in the area of national security and intelligence but I agree whole hardly with many of his views. Having met the man, (very briefly) I had issues, and went away still liking him. (I trust my instincts).

But his only hope, though it won't happen in the next election where by then you will have only two viable candidates, Obama or Romney. If Romney wins, that wuss screws all of us. But if Paul wants to make a difference he needs to get involved with a unique, new and defined third party. Hell I've been a recovering Republican since the 1990's. Since then when people ask "what are you"? (now stop that...) I tell them, "I'm an Independent" Then I get the 1000 mile stare, because no one really knows "what the hell that means"

My personal independence takes a little from the left, a little from the right and a whole lot near the middle. If anything I'm very much a Libertarian, and that means "you leave me alone, I'll leave you alone". Thats the way it should be in a perfect world. But the world is not perfect. I will do what I can in what life I have left to make it better. I can assure you in my 35 professional years I have done my best. If I have failed in any way I blame only myself. No one else.

For Dr. Paul or anyone else to succeed he needs to define any third party in such a way that it has a "simple" platform, one that takes as few as possible sound bites. Don't forget Americans are not known for there attention span, one of the benefits of being a prosperous people. For 99% of the issues, we just don't care. Pity, we should. The other percent have a way of biting you in the ass. So Paul needs to keep his message simple and to the point. However...

The Presidency is anything but simple and it frightens me given the fact so many people hang on what they hear on Fox News or another source of news with its own agendas. Right or left. So, for Dr. Paul's message to survive this election cycle, and I want it to then he and others who believe in want he believes in need to have it clearly defined, and give it the name of a new party, and remember. Keep it simple, huh?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Yeah? So whats the big deal?

Originally posted by Daedal

Warplanes will defend Chicago's skies during NATO

news.medill.northwestern.edu

Warplanes will be over Chicago on Friday, and fighter jets will be on alert this weekend – all to keep Chicago’s skies safe during this week’s NATO summit, according to a statement released Thursday by the North American Aerospace Defense Command.

NORAD said it will conduct an air defense exercise over Chicago on Friday to give the FAA, U.S. Secret Service, U.S. Coast Guard and the NATO Joint Operations Center an opportunity to practice coordinating air intercept and identification skills. Air
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
chicago.cbslocal.com
www.myfoxchicago.com

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
What does this have to do with: "Warplanes will defend Chicago's skies during NATO"?

MODS?

Originally posted by arbiture1200
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Fact. I like Ron Paul. Fact. The Republican establishment does not. Also fact, he can't win as a Republican. He's way to outside any "common" mainstream to get them interested. And the worse part? He can't be bought. Well, baby, f*** that noise! And yes as I have stated (in other posts) I do have a lot of issues with Dr. Paul's positions in the area of national security and intelligence but I agree whole hardly with many of his views. Having met the man, (very briefly) I had issues, and went away still liking him. (I trust my instincts).

But his only hope, though it won't happen in the next election where by then you will have only two viable candidates, Obama or Romney. If Romney wins, that wuss screws all of us. But if Paul wants to make a difference he needs to get involved with a unique, new and defined third party. Hell I've been a recovering Republican since the 1990's. Since then when people ask "what are you"? (now stop that...) I tell them, "I'm an Independent" Then I get the 1000 mile stare, because no one really knows "what the hell that means"

My personal independence takes a little from the left, a little from the right and a whole lot near the middle. If anything I'm very much a Libertarian, and that means "you leave me alone, I'll leave you alone". Thats the way it should be in a perfect world. But the world is not perfect. I will do what I can in what life I have left to make it better. I can assure you in my 35 professional years I have done my best. If I have failed in any way I blame only myself. No one else.

For Dr. Paul or anyone else to succeed he needs to define any third party in such a way that it has a "simple" platform, one that takes as few as possible sound bites. Don't forget Americans are not known for there attention span, one of the benefits of being a prosperous people. For 99% of the issues, we just don't care. Pity, we should. The other percent have a way of biting you in the ass. So Paul needs to keep his message simple and to the point. However...

The Presidency is anything but simple and it frightens me given the fact so many people hang on what they hear on Fox News or another source of news with its own agendas. Right or left. So, for Dr. Paul's message to survive this election cycle, and I want it to then he and others who believe in want he believes in need to have it clearly defined, and give it the name of a new party, and remember. Keep it simple, huh?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Daedal

Why are warplanes defending the sky. Do they think the NKs are going to attack....

Think 9/11 on a smaller scale. Given Chicago's location they are merely taking measures to prevent any errant aircraft from entering closed airspace. Don't want those planes landing on top of McCormick place in the middle of the summit...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Probably a helluva a lot in the long run...makes sense to me anyways....
The warplanes are ust another symptom of the goverments paranoia which they brandish like a sword to the ultimate slicing up of any tax monies which would benefit Americans.
The hoopla gats over time by the cartload for everyone involved.
They will trade for days off or take the huge bonus money for the extra shifts.
It all works out for the benefit of a huge bunch of sandwich shoving,semi power trippers who get to tell themselves they are doing their patriotic duty while reaping a bunch of unearned cash.....
The real reasons for these pointless events have little to do with terrorism or disaster prep.
However, a word of caution....
i recall fema had drills in NYC scheduled for the same day as the highjackings.
Maybe we will be treated to a shoot down of a radio controlled airliner or two....or other imitation terrorist acts like 9/11......There will be plenty of first responders handy to get the practice and the publicity could fever pitch some kind of response by our own military .......
Who will get the blame for the next false flag event which will bring us even closer to martial law
is hard to guess but there are some prime candidates..........
Well have to wait and see, but i believe that chicago may NOT be the one.....

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Warplanes seems a bit overkill.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Again, whats the big deal? Dont see one and still havent seen one posted.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This seemed like overkill to me at first also, but their purpose will be to enforce the no fly zone around the area in case pilots don't catch the NOTAM/temp flight restriction memo (or are well aware of and intend to breach it) so that makes sense.

Something I'm wondering about though is will HR 347 be enforced at the summit (the one that makes protesting in vicinity of persons under secret service protection a federal offense)? Aren't there a lot of people planning to protest there?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Hey buddy, don't explain why the good people of Chicago had anything to do with me or NATO I'm just one of the dudes picking up the trash. So do me a favor? Get off my ass.
edit on 5/2/12 by arbiture1200 because: correct spelling farts...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Will someone try to get photos? I want to see if they are carrying bomb stores or missiles on the fighters.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RockLobster

If you really believe all this...please go and fine some professional help. The world doesn't need paranoid retards

As for them using security: Good. Nobody should want to see people die, but i guess for most people here the world is divided in "good" and "evil" people

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
bigpondnews.com... haha, bet the pilots were #ing them self

Ive already used this link once tonight but thought here was just as appropriate
edit on 19-5-2012 by feelingconnected because: because

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I thought Chicago was declared no flights zone ? ...or it was cancelled ?

Right now :

planefinder.net...
edit on 19-5-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I believe it was only for independent pilots.
I'm pretty sure commercial flights are an okay.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by novemberecho

Thanks for that clarification, .....you know, that guy is about to land.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Dude. No lie. Should have taped it. I SWEAR I heard a chopper. An then saw a long skinny white plane fly over my house flying northeast. Holy crap xD

Novemberecho reporting in on and confirming the latest air traffic updates.... XD

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION: NE = chitown from my house.
edit on 19-5-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Also. The skies LOOK cloudless, but milky. It's humid as all heck.
Then again, I'm never up this early, so maybe it's normal for the sky to look that way when the sun is rising?
When I saw the plane, there was a thin, milky veil, almost kind of camouflaging the planes.
But air traffic has been quiet otherwise. It's either you hear/see 3 planes/choppers in QUICK succession of each other. Or a long, creepy silence. (I guess I got used to listening to all of the planes)
I hear one now as I type xD

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Okay. You probably wont believe me. But I SWEAR I saw (what I believe to be) a drone.
At first I thought it was two birds flying together, and I realized they should have lost synchronicity sooner. It ot closer. It was silverish, small, low flying, silent, and it glides like butter.
The skies over me, like I said, are milky. It kinda looks like someone set off a smoke bomb xD

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
And I'll try to catch the plane/jet (an it SOUNDS kinda like a chopper though) that just flew past if it comes around again.
Jesus. I need to charge my camera that ZOOMS.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Daedal

Why are warplanes defending the sky. Do they think the NKs are going to attack....

I don't see why not, they fly them over sports events; why not use them for their actual purpose, defense. Of all things the US uses fighters for, this is pretty noble.
edit on 19-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join