It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While Americans keep arguing about Trayvon-Zimmerman

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
Whilst everyone's arguing about this case and taking sides, they are not paying attention to what else is going on. People are being blindsided and pulled in without even realising it.

Really? People are spending all of their time thinking about this case, and therefore can't think about anything else? Seems bogus to me, and if not, then we deserve no better than we have. Personally I haven't heard anyone talking about the case, let alone being so distracted by it that they aren't capable of focusing on anything else.

I didn't say that all people were thinking about is this case all the time and can't think of anything else. But people are being pulled in and are taking sides, being blindsided by the media attention this case is getting.

You only have to look at the amount of attention this case is getting on this site....We, the very people who are supposed to be looking at things from all angles, thinking outside the box, and keeping our eyes on the ball are getting all riled up and divided. Its the oldest trick in the book and some are seriously falling for it.

There's a saying that goes along the lines of...."Always keep an eye on the left hand, whilst the right hand is keeping you distracted"

A lot of people are certainly not keeping an eye on the left hand where this case is concerned.

edit on 19-5-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Hmm, So with no real marks on the hands we can assume Zimmerman didnt attempt to fight his way out at all.. He shot first without this being his last resort.

To me this woman, also in Florida had more of a right to shoot her husband, yet she got 20 years.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
Whilst everyone's arguing about this case and taking sides, they are not paying attention to what else is going on. People are being blindsided and pulled in without even realising it.

Really? People are spending all of their time thinking about this case, and therefore can't think about anything else? Seems bogus to me, and if not, then we deserve no better than we have. Personally I haven't heard anyone talking about the case, let alone being so distracted by it that they aren't capable of focusing on anything else.

This is true in my town, people are just focused on one day at a time, whatever their schedule is and putting food in their belly's." IF the media isn't reporting it, THEN IT MUST NOT BE IMPORTANT."

And THAT ladies and gents is the answer that I get from people when discussing "truth".

I tell ya, those of us who are "aware" or "in the know " so to speak should not be punished to DOOM because the majority is blind or willingly blind and asleep.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Because the masses do not understand the basics. Few even know what a derivative is.

Fewer even understand what capitalism is, and that it is capitalist that is the root of the problem.

Bankers, government etc., are just symptoms of the problem.

The real problem is that in order for capitalists, private owners of the means of production, to make profit resources are kept artificially scarce. Also workers are not paid the full amount for their labour, a worker is required to produce more than they are paid for.

For anything to change for the better the workers need to own the means of production, then we could produce for our needs, rather than the greed of the minority capitalist class. Or of course not produce at all and watch our standard of living disappear.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

It's sad about Trayvon and I'm sorry that they're using his death so much for their own devious purposes.

They are definately keeping us distracted, so they can be ready to move on the real agenda. The fourth estate has quit doing the job, and that's reporting on what's really going on, they were supposed to be doing, along time ago.

They don't dare let the sheeple know what's going on, for fear, might wake some them up. Whenever they keep us so distracted on one particular thing, they don't report what's going on D.C. either. What "laws" they're voing on nohing.

Old saying "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." This might be a paraphrase but you get the gist.

edit on 19-5-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
The simple truth: Critical Thinking is over most people's head.

Yes, that or they're too busy to concern themselves about it. I've tried to figure out what it is with people I encounter. Some of them realize this is going on, but they feel it's "always been this way" and 'what are you going to do.' Well, how about band together to begin, and stop tuning out the crimes just because they've been that way?

It's like if you had a bad neighborhood, and everyone just accepted it, even though children and teens were getting killed. People have to do something or else it will stay that way.

For some people, it does seem over their heads. Can't blame them, but in a way, I say they can be because they will listen to the news people but not to their friends or family. The damn box (TV, YouTube) has more influence over everyone than the small amount of truth that gets shared every now and then.

The problem is here on ats too because we're bombarded with stories left and right. Every day, there's something new to shock us. We have enough issues to try to handle, but more and more just keep coming. If we just had the banking crisis, we could build on that. We have so much more: Japan, war against our health (Monsanto), war against constitution, political scandals, and that's not even counting the trivial stuff people "tune in" to watch like UFOs, mysterious subjects, and the rest. How will we ever get one issue out of the way if we have 10 new ones every day? We have to focus on one thing at a time.

Clearly our desire to be 'in the know' on latest events is affecting our willingness to speak out and act on the important longstanding ones.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

EH.. I have managed to keep my eyes peeled for what is going on around me and keep an eye on the T-Z case. It is an important case though because it helps highlight media manipulation and how far out of hand the ignorant masses can get when we allow them to be fed biased info from the news media that is willing to lie to them.

I have been keeping close tabs on what's happening in Chicago though.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I do believe this is the first time I have ever agreed with a post of yours, and I do so with post happily.

You are 100% correct. So simple to see for some of us yet to get the majority to understand you would have an easier time getting access to Fort Knox. This is the end all to all questions, at least for me the ultimate question:

When did people lose the capacity to create an independent thought? Most people, but Americans especially, are led blindly by TPTB and they will never know it, simply because they refuse to accept it. Accepting it requires disconnecting from everything one's been taught, or independent thought and reasoning.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I want to know what you guys think is the scariest part of all this.

That people are being fooled so easily,
or that they know their being fooled, but still don't care.

I remember when I literally got into a fist fight with someone
because they didn't agree with what I thought was fact. Turns
out I was in the wrong.

It may sound like something straight out of a kiddie book,
but evil runs this world.

I do my part in spreading the truth, but NO ONE LISTENS.
Nobody cares. Seriously. You could walk up to someone
with a letter from a banker that says "the 99% are expendable",
and they wouldn't care. You walk up to them with a TV and
throw on a news station and they'll believe that dinosaurs are
back - if thats what their told.

Is there anyway to fix this? I feel only a certain group of people
know the actual truth about whats really going on.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick
I think in theory your right but greatly underestimating race divisions. I think any racial issue will trump an economic one. The "evil" bankers is such an abstract, shadowy enemy. It's much easier to say Tyrone is to blame for having a million babies on welfare, because everybody sees tyrone's everyday. Or Jim is to blame for holding the poor black man down.

I don't think economics trump everything. There are many very rich black athletes, etc. that certainly aren't accepted by high white society. And plenty of poor whites that blacks have no affinity for.

Yes, the abstract versus the concrete. This is historically where the worst decisions have been made.

We can see concretely the people of different backgrounds, we can't see, however, the very abstract corporate fascism that this is. It's easier to make the enemy a concrete, visible phenomenon (or person) than some abstract socio-political group.

If Black people are to blame for this and Mexicans are to blame for that and over there, those Arab/Muslims are to blame for that other thing, the crux of the issue is never gnawed at. No one is discussing the non-descript, non-concrete, amorphous social/political/financial network that basically causes the problems the Blacks, Mexicans and Muslims (and Arabs) are being blamed for (and victimized by, mind you).

A person is easy to see, easy to rationalize as a concrete, physical reality. Some grouping of meetings and interpersonal relationships with business transactions and closed door deals are all related to us via abstract metaphor. Meetings are not a "thing" we can see. A business transaction is an incredibly "vague" concept. etc.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by normal_human_being

Bravo.

I haven't watched tv in years either- more time for reading and hobbies. Most people have no idea how negatively television affects them as they've never lived without it. The persistent propaganda reinforced in the news, the entertainment shows and the advertisements amounts to complete immersion and passive acceptance.

Everyone should try spending just a couple of weeks with the tv off, just to see what a difference it makes.

When you turn it back on- it's just like fingernails on a blackboard.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The is just another of the media's false martyrs, brought into the spotlight to drain the people's capacity for outrage, so that they don't have any energy left to get mad about more important issues. Long exposure to negative news eventually breaks a person's morale to the point where nothing from the outside distresses them anymore. I've seen that happening here as well, with all these stories of injustice, corruption, hopelessness. You get accustomed to bad news. Everyone needs to reset once in a while, balance their thoughts with positive, creative things.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Ok, let's say that critical mass in the US realizes they're being had. What would they then do? I would think they'd stop playing the game. Please, stop by and star this post www.abovetopsecret.com... . See you on the commune.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm sure your right about the wizards ploy. Our system makes use of tactics like that frequently.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

A lot of us care about that case.Because it is the easiest way at this time (a long with Ron Paul).To show how the MSM misleads the public.And tells them what they should think.By skewing the facts or just plain not report them.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
I agree with you 100%
Unfortunately, Americans follow the media blindly.
What can we do?!

Unite and fund a website that publishes relevant data... i.e. ATS. Spread the word! I know local chanel air time is cheap (relatively speaking of coarse). We could put together a non-profit that rents local air time in various cities to spread the word.

The real challlenge is finding someone who enjoys management, broadcasting, and such that will do the job. Personally, I enjoy the environmental sciences and although I care about this cause, I have no interest in performing the required tasks.
edit on 19-5-2012 by 1plusXisto7billion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Very, very true. We have weird # going on above our heads. Mother earth is royally pissed. Our sick ass governments are talking world war 3 as a diversion, and people are still talking about a case that means little in the grand scheme of things.

Zimmerman is guilty of no less than man-slaughter, people should forget about it and continue opening their eyes!!
edit on 19-5-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

I think they live in a bubble and ignore that stuff because if they just ignore it, they can be happy. Well, some of us refuse to do that, and I think it's healthy in one way but not in other ways. There's a lot of frustration we encounter by being in tune with all the awful things these people will soon pay the price for. If I were to try to ignore it, I would feel vulnerable, though. So, I keep my eyes and ears open. It can be draining at times, though, especially knowing to really help, I'd need the cooperation of people around me -- who don't give a flying foobar about what important things are bothering me. It's really like they live in another world, and that almost makes me say they deserve what's coming for not being willing to face the truth on an ongoing basis.

Can we fix this, meaning them? They are using psychological barriers, and they are in control of them. No, I don't see it happening. That's why I think America will stay on its course for, whatever. A minority help bring awareness with OWS, but that's not enough people. Targeting young people is an option, but gosh, if you've ever talked to most of them, even if they're bright, many are so "what's that have to do with me?" I understand, though, because I was a bit the same way. Never was into politics because I saw those bastards for who they really are. Never found out about Ron Paul until later.

Anyway, we have a tough situation here. Americans would rather be in a bubble. They won't help. They practically are on the side of the elite because they believe in all the tools they use to keep them tame.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Meh.. in reality, 95% of the citizens of this country are "meh" about this sort of thing. It won't make them suddenly stop meeting their black or white friends after work for a drink. It won't cause "strife" or anything else. Most people see this for what it is.. a media circus. Just because the incredibly vocal minority make MSM in regards to this sort of thing, doesn't mean that is reality.

No one I know previously at work, nor friends, nor acquaintances, will ever raise a pitchfork over this case, or any one like it. They are smart enough to know that two people don't equate to the feelings and attitudes of the rest of the nation. Just like the media, this site and sites like it like to blow this stupid sort of thing out of proportion. It's not NEARLY as big a deal as some of you make it out to be.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
bleh who cares either way, black kill whites, whites kill blacks, hispanics kill everyone, and more people die every year in police custody BEFORE they are even arrested than this man has ever killed, and will ever kill. why dont we focus on that?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join