It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adorable baby hummingbird rescued and raised: Must See!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

My father emailed this video today, and I had to share it with my ATS buds. Apparently the baby hummingbird was rescued and raised by the young man in the video. What an incredible experience!

I don't know how to embed the video, but here's a link enjoy!

Baby hummingbird

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
That made my day! I have only seen one hummingbird in all my life. It was just enchanting. Like seeing a unicorn. LOL
Thank you so much for this wonderful vid!!!

edit on 18-5-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Good lord that was adorable. Say hello to the Front Page
. I loved the flying lessons. I wonder what he did with the bird after it was all grown up. Did he keep her or set her free?

edit:

Here's the YouTube video,

READ FULL DESCRIPTION!!
This is a baby hummingbird I rescued after it was attacked.
The song is "Better Together" by Jack Johnson.
UPDATE!!! when she thought she was ready to leave (and she was) she flew off to her favorite patch of the back yard, and her instincts instantly kicked in, and now she's just like all the other hummingbirds. for those that are concerned that she has imprinted on humans and wouldn't survive in the wild, don't worry, she is thriving. she has even successfully migrated and returned back to my yard. and for those who think i didn't know what i was doing, i did NOT feed her plain sugar water. i went outside 3 times a day and caught flies from my compost bin in big bags, crushed them, and mixed them in as well. I also helped her learn to catch flies while flying (not in the video because you obviously wouldn't be able to see the flies). in the end, i don't think it could have worked out any better

edit on 18-5-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Thanks for the embedding! I'm on my iPod and posting things this way is different.

I don't know anything about the video but I can't wait to show my students on Monday. Wasn't it amazing?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

No problem, and yes, that was awesome. I want to nurse a baby hummingbird back to health now

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

No problem, and yes, that was awesome. I want to nurse a baby hummingbird back to health now

I know exactly what you mean. What an incredible experience

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
That was adorable and really quite amazing! That guy had to have some patience and perseverance! S&Fs

Good job!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I've never had the opportunity to nurse an animal back to health, but I can imagine few experiences more rewarding.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Awwww! I love things like this. It warms my heart. Thank you for sharing.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Bumpity bump bump bump

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
if i raised the hummingbird all it would learn to do is drink beer, play video games and complain about politics.

ha ha ha ha

pretty awesome video.

-subfab

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Bumpity

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I never knew you could actually tame a hummingbird.

My mom really loved that video.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Thank you so much for posting that! Put me in a good mood and restored my faith in humanity (& men). Of all the homes he landed in the perfect one! The guy even hunted flies that he mashed up for the bird. So sweet how the bird loved being near him. Just so darn cute I can hardly stand it

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I needed that. I feel all better now.....

Des

new topics

top topics

join