It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDNY Battalion Chief on 9/11: "It Has Become Something Big, Unmanageable, Not Easy To Understand"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
FDNY Battalion Chief on 9/11: "It Has Become Something Big, Unmanageable, Not Easy To Understand"

I heard an incredible loud noise and I became aware of everyone looking up. My own eyes went up, and here was the World Trade Center coming down. Pretty much straight down, almost as if you had taken a large curtain in a movie theater and slashed the ropes that held them at the top. The whole thing was just dropping straight down. It wasn't falling like a tree, it wasn't collapsing in a burst of flame or smoke. It was just dropping.

Think about this statement...

"Don't forget, on September 11th, 2001, it was just another day. And now it has become "9/11" or "the events of 9/11."

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

Mexalla1,

Instead of taking that quote out of context, you should have read the entire article.

Why didn't you post this part of the article?

Do you have any feeling about 9/11 Truthers?

People who believe in elaborate conspiracy theories? I remember when President Kennedy was assassinated and for years afterward there were conspiracy theorists who were all proven wrong. There are conspiracy theorists for everything. There's always somebody who knows how to stir the pot.

edit on 19-5-2012 by Six Sigma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six Sigma
reply to post by maxella1

Mexalla1,

Instead of taking that quote out of context, you should have read the entire article.

Why didn't you post this part of the article?

Do you have any feeling about 9/11 Truthers?

People who believe in elaborate conspiracy theories? I remember when President Kennedy was assassinated and for years afterward there were conspiracy theorists who were all proven wrong. There are conspiracy theorists for everything. There's always somebody who knows how to stir the pot.

What particular quote do you think I took out of context?

If you are talking about this one

"Don't forget, on September 11th, 2001, it was just another day. And now it has become "9/11" or "the events of 9/11."

then tell me what did it make you think? How did this quote suggest a conspiracy of any kind?

Because to me it only means that on September 11th, 2001 thousands of regular people went to work, and that Tuesday was just like any other Tuesday. And now there's all this stupid debate about how and why these people died. And it makes me think how are we supposed to stop any future Tuesday from becoming another September 11th.

What did it make you think about?

I heard an incredible loud noise and I became aware of everyone looking up. My own eyes went up, and here was the World Trade Center coming down. Pretty much straight down, almost as if you had taken a large curtain in a movie theater and slashed the ropes that held them at the top. The whole thing was just dropping straight down. It wasn't falling like a tree, it wasn't collapsing in a burst of flame or smoke. It was just dropping.

I quoted this part because it describes how the collapse looked to him, “it wasn’t falling like a tree, it wasn’t collapsing in a burst of flame or smoke”.
I also provided a link for anyone interested in reading the entire article.

Now you need to explain what his feelings about “9/11 Truthers” has to do with anything I said.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1

What particular quote do you think I took out of context?

If you are talking about this one

then tell me what did it make you think? How did this quote suggest a conspiracy of any kind?

Because to me it only means that on September 11th, 2001 thousands of regular people went to work, and that Tuesday was just like any other Tuesday. And now there's all this stupid debate about how and why these people died. And it makes me think how are we supposed to stop any future Tuesday from becoming another September 11th.

What did it make you think about?

This is a 9/11 Conspiracy Thread. You are a truther. Forgive me for assuming you were suggesting there was a conspiracy or support for one in the article. Mr. McCarthy, throughout the entire interview sounds quite disappointed in how political 9/11 has become. How people are making money off of it.

I quoted this part because it describes how the collapse looked to him, “it wasn’t falling like a tree, it wasn’t collapsing in a burst of flame or smoke”.
I also provided a link for anyone interested in reading the entire article.

Now you need to explain what his feelings about “9/11 Truthers” has to do with anything I said.

Once again, you are a truther in a 9/11 Conspiracy Thread. The article you posted shows that this firefighter does not think there was any conspiracy on 9/11.(truther types anyway)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Six Sigma

Once again, you are a truther in a 9/11 Conspiracy Thread. The article you posted shows that this firefighter does not think there was any conspiracy on 9/11.(truther types anyway)

Once again you are a sorry excuse for what ever you are.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Lest We Forget...

Let's please stick with the topic and avoid pointlessly labeling one another, or otherwise indulging in activities that are expressly unsuited to this forum.

Thanks.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six Sigma

Yeah, that is one of the curious things. Most sites where people claim to know physics have shut down discussion of the subject.

But no one on any of those sites has built a physical model that can collapse like the north tower.

They CLAIM to talk physics but they don't even try to do it.

psik

new topics

top topics

join