It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you just shot an alien in your house... now what?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy78
This thread is mainly for fun but after being an off-and-on ATS reader for some years, I've often thought of this subject.

Say you wake at 2am from your slumber to find you are being visited by a large headed, little green or grey man. You get startled, pull out ol' 9mm from your nightstand drawer and shoot the little fella between the eyes. You go up to it and confirm that it is indeed an E.T. and it is indeed dead. Now have to figure out what to do.

Now I know some of you will say that it would never happen because they would paralyze you or whatever but lets say their paralyzer ran out of AA batteries. In other words, you find yourself in this situation. What do you do?

First plant the throwaway gun.on him, then call 911 and report an armed home invasion.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy78

Would you call the cops? [color=cyan]NO

A news crew? [color=cyan]NO

Take lots of pics and post them online? [color=cyan]NO

Contact the gov?[color=cyan] YES ITS THEIR FIELD

What do you think would happen to you, would people believe you? [color=cyan]YOU MAY GET SICK FROM INHALING THE INNERDS OF THE CREATION, DOUBT ANY WOULD BELIEVE

I honestly don't know what I'd do! [color=cyan]CONFIRM AS BEST I CAN ITS A THREAT BEFORE ATTACKING IT

edit on 5/21/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SmertSpionam1

I just cannot imagine had I been packing that day and if I had shot the alien being, just makes me cringe to even consider thinking in that way. You really do not know how or what you will do when faced with alternate realities like that. This is where a strong grounded intuition would serve you much better than a gun.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

read fire in the sky, the call of cthulu, war of the worlds, robert a. heinlein's starship troopers (the movie is an insult and the director should be banned from directing film for this) better safe than sorry

edit to add. not safe as in lets shoot blindly into the night. identify the freakin thing first
edit on 22-5-2012 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

what if i had shot one already?
edit on 22-5-2012 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Call the cops. They show up and see the knife in his hand. Clear case of self defense.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Instincts would kick in, time would stop and lack of understanding would overcome the mind and body before complete failure of all control humanly possible to compose one’s self took over. Two types of people would be the final act, the 1st would be freeze and/or collapse from fear, 2nd would be attack from fear.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by fireyaguns

Nope, you do not speak from experience. Or it is possible you represent an entirely different type of human being...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Are you sure you’re not an alien? The reason I ask is you seem to have an extraordinary amount of post;
You’ve been a member since 5-2-2007,
That’s about 2000 days give or take a few,
You have 14,148 post = 7+ post every day on average from the day you became a member.
Where do you get the time may I ask

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Depending on the Color of the Alien you could expect Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to show up.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by fireyaguns

No problem, I came over here from another site which is near and dear to the Admin's here, the owner of that forum has since left his body but made sure I had a comfy 'home' where I could get the support I needed and learn, learn, learn.

I had never been on a social network before the one previous to ATS, and was going through too many changes to mention here now but found an incredible amount of friendship and support, so I jumped in full on to discover all the things that frightened me, worried me, and to understand from the best how to use my creativity, originality and find my own way in this sometimes huge world of conspiracy to include all my favorite subjects without fear, anxiety.

I admit I am not the brightest crayola in the box and it often takes a brick to hit me on the head to "Get it", but through all the 'talk' about ATS and who is behind it, you know... I continue to trust without a doubt the man who lead me here all those years ago.

Now while you are dissecting my post history, you will see that I started as a cocoon, reached the butterfly stage and then found my own way, my wings. At first I would spend days, weeks months on here often never even logging out to go to bed.

With a veracious appetite for self and global discovery, reaching out for answers I later found had to come only from my own experience, my own process, the posting took on an ebb and flow of its own. I would not take back a single post I have made since the first day here which in all reality was before my start date, again because I was slightly paranoid...

I love posting and reading but as the years go by I am still here almost everyday but the need to talk has really ended compared to the beginning and I still glance over most of the forum daily for info that will affect me or keep that fire burning under my butt to not become complacent in any of the subjects included here.

There you have the short version to your query, LOL!
edit on 4-6-2012 by antar because: I also dscovered the 'search' engines at the same time as ATS, ones like google and the others, google being my favorite still...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by fireyaguns
reply to post by antar

Are you sure you’re not an alien? The reason I ask is you seem to have an extraordinary amount of post;
You’ve been a member since 5-2-2007,
That’s about 2000 days give or take a few,
You have 14,148 post = 7+ post every day on average from the day you became a member.
Where do you get the time may I ask

I am no more or less an alien than any other member here Imho.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Shoot an alien in my house?

Man thats easy. simply fire up the BBQ and get out the ketchup.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I dont own a gun (and never plan to) so shooting would be out of the question, BUT if I found some creature in my home, and there was no way to communicate with it - or it seemed hostile, then I'd probably call the nearest Military base to come and get it...

Cops/911, I wouldnt do, lol.. I know a few officers as friends, and most of them would be too shocked themselves to even know what to do with it!

Good thing (or bad thing, depending on who you ask?) I grew up on a base, and I currently live right in the middle of 2 large ones...

edit on 4-6-2012 by Isabelx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
in terms of just shot an alien because guns are awesome, i'd go to mt nextdoor neighbors house who is batschmidt skeptical about aliens, i'd plop the garbage bag on his dinner table open it and say"heres an alien and that hole in between its eyes is an entrance wound. here the exit wound is bigger check it out. it was coming right for me" yeah evolution had a hand in the progress of firearms. some fish can chew on rocks with its beak, the black mamba has venom, the mountain lion has umm stealth, and guns are human evolution. why do people reply on something to do with an action caused by a gun saying "i don't like guns" or "guns won't solve your problems" the trololol guy has died okay?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Don't go shooting aliens. Or anyone, for that matter. Protect your families, but avoid needless violence against any being.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

wouldn't an alien in my house count as a home invasion? castle doctrine.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by fireyaguns
reply to post by antar

Instincts would kick in, time would stop and lack of understanding would overcome the mind and body before complete failure of all control humanly possible to compose one’s self took over. Two types of people would be the final act, the 1st would be freeze and/or collapse from fear, 2nd would be attack from fear.

Close. So close. I honestly can't tell if you've been under fire.

Whether you see an alien in your bedroom or a shotgun pointed at your face, your mind/body will have the same reaction, and lack of understanding don't much factor in. That feeling of time dilation is due to both a shift from your accustomed logical thinking (left brain, this follows that) to intuitive thinking (right brain, this is the pattern, everything at once) and the flood of hormones like adrenaline and norepinephrine (there are more, and I bet you've felt thier effects).

Two types of people? Not really. Although any reaction to this event would indeed be governed by your good friend Fear (not to be confused with that parasite Anxiety); whether you freeze, fire, or offer the alien a beer would be governed by the pattern your right brain sees in that very instant. That pattern would not be contingient on the stiffness of your spine or the testosterone output of your testicles and/or adrenal glands. It would depend on your deepest beliefs (as modified by the immediate situation).

And that's both the attraction and the fatal flaw of "what ifs". We'd like to know what lies beneith. But the situations that give us the answer really suck to experience.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I would take his little body that should be light to carry, and bring it straight to the TV and throw it at the people doing the news.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join