It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summer concerts may be disrupted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yes I'm sure we all remember the Feds raiding Gibson guitars for using "illegal" wood, well now they may take it to another level, by possibly seizing guitars which have been found in violation of the Lacey Act.

washingtonexaminer.com

Lawmakers are scrambling to save the summer concert season from federal agents poised to seize the instruments of rock and country stars because the wood used to make them may have been illegally harvested--and without their knowledge.

(Alternative source)
infowars.com

edit on 18-5-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

edit on 18-5-2012 by Daedal because: Title change

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
shall we cut down all wood so people can diddle their instruments? i get what you're sayin', but there is no reason why other types of wood can't be used or in this day and age some sort of composite material.
edit on 18-5-2012 by alkesh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal
Feds threaten to disrupt summer concerts
... by going out to concerts around the U.S. and seizing any musicians equipment

Rather sensationalist, since at no point anywhere in the article is such a thing ever said.
No "FEDS" have ever made such a threat.
No insiders had come forward to warn of such a thing.
And not even the person most worried about it, Lamar Alexander, ever suggested such raids were about to take place... and even goes so far as to explicitly say such things were *not* going to happen.

Alexander said in a statement. “The Justice Department and Fish and Wildlife have said they have no intention of doing that (raids on musicians)

Anyone outraged at such "threats to disrupt summer concerts" is too damn lazy to bother reading the article, and will just be happy to be jerked around like puppets dangling from a sensationalist headline.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I know, I recently edited it. Also I didn't write the article, just posted the news. If it's bunk then oh well...and actually what I wrote that you quoted was from another article that referenced that.

edit on 18-5-2012 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

thank you for pointing that out..i've givin' up on doing such things around here..always seems to fall on deaf ears

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

well played my friend well played..someone who actually listens

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

They'll have to pry my Mahogany Ibanez from my cold dead hands. When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars!

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

join