It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighters Rage At Guy Who Claimed To Be 9/11 Hero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Firefighters Rage At Guy Who Claimed To Be 9/11 Hero

Lifander, who now lives in South Carolina, appeared at a 9/11 anniversary event for firefighters in Spartanburg, S.C. He claimed that he was at Ground Zero, as captain of Ladder 133, which lost 12 men that day, but Lifander was really just on Long Island (he was part of a volunteer firefighting organization there). Apparently real FDNY firefighters found out about Lifander's act and were pissed. The real captain of Ladder 133 during 9/11, Bill Youngson, told Blue Ridge Now, "I'm outraged. I'm sick and tired of people standing up and telling people these stories for a little bit of glory. People have cancer, I have asthma and we paid our dues. In six months, we buried more people than you've ever seen and to read this story — this lie — it has to stop. Put that guy on the wall of shame.

Youngson called Lifander's home but didn't get in touch with him, "He's a clown and an imposter and I told his wife that." Lifander wore his old volunteer firefighter uniform with a FDNY patch that he's had for years.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This is just despicable. 3,000 people die and this guy (along with others) lie for a little bit of fame and glory. I applaud him for being a volunteer firefighter, but lying about being at ground zero is such a narcissistic thing to do. I hope this man hasn't received any other rewards besides praise and thanks.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

Yeah...saw this a while ago. Interesting.

I'm outraged. I'm sick and tired of people standing up and telling people these stories for a little bit of glory

Obviously not the first one. this man sounds like he's fed up with impostors. This gives a little credence to people who are saying that much of the public record about the event is faked.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by headorheart

I would say it's expected. It's a human thing. You will always find a group or individuals who are trying to use even the most horrible of circumstances to gain some kind of profit. It's either for the money or for the glory. This is why we need to take eyewitness testimony with a grain of salt.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Interesting how this receives little or no attention. Guess debunkers don't like this kind a sh**. Puts a monkey wrench in debunking fake hero/victims theory. Which was always discarded as unbelievable. I mean...shame on you crazy conspiracy loons...shame on you for even implying that somebody could be faking anything about that day. No way. This is just an isolated incident.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Debunkers only answer questions selectively, because they know they will get caught out if they address all questions.

top topics

join