It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predicton: The World economy Will collapse in the next decade and the United States will reign supr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
OK. I'm guessing this post will anger A LOT of people and emotionally, considering how the United States has engaged in foreign policy over, well, the last 7 or 8 decades, many many people have died at the other end of US foreign policy. However, the US is STILL, BY FAR, the world's biggest superpower, both economically, militarily, and financially. The US has 11 aircraft carries. Russia has one. China just built their first one. China, and Asia's rise came on the back of the US consumer. It's just the objective reality. Much of Europe as well. The markets worldwide are spelling a DOOMSDAY collapse in the coming years. The long term chart of the United States Standard and Poor's 500 is arguably the best gauge of equity markets worldwide. It is, right now, AT THIS MOMENT, topping the right shoulder of a likely muli-decade's long head and shoulders pattern For those that don't know, a head and shoulder's pattern is a bearish pattern in markets, meaning after the right shoulder has topped, the market sinks to the levels below which the left shoulder started it's initial rise.

img6.imageshack.us...

That chart I created shows the S&P 500 since 1970 to today, May 18, 2012. You can see the head and shoulders, and the ascent on the right shoulder is marked by what are called rising wedge patterns. Rising wedges, 80% of the time, are chart patterns that predict a bear market, meaning when the market squeezes to the tip of the triangle, it can no longer rise, and it falls. Well folks, that's what is happening and the entire accent of the right shoulder IS A RISING WEDGE. The stock markets are in dire straights.

video.cnbc.com...

In addition, commodity prices are falling through the floor, to include gold and silver. The dollar is marked by a decades long downtrend that is reversing. Treasury yields are, amazing as it is, are trending downward to where 10 year yields could go below 1%, and the price of 10 year treasury bonds could gain 30%. Folks, that means in the coming years, the world's wealth will NOT flow into metals and commodities like all the nay sayers claim, but it will flow into the safety of the US dollar. I know, I know, you're saying to yourself this guy Drew is an idiot, but the market is the market. Europe is going, or is in recession, which will likely lead to a US recession because Europe is the US's largest export market. Asia is heavily dependent on BOTH the United States and Europe for exports. If the West declines, so does Asia, and the world economy collapses. At that point, geo-politics and world wars need to be considered as a factor from world instability. Given the fact that the US still has such hegemonic power, world wealth goes right back into the safety of government debt, US dollars, and stock markets collapse along with the price of equity securities worldwide. And if you think about it, for the last 70 years, mankind has essentially created modern society, with all it's advances in the standard of living. Even for people who live off of the equivalent of a penny a day in the developing world. In essence, man kind has reached a pinnacle of advancement in technology and living standards, and without any further giant leap, man kind stays at this technological level for the next 50 years. I'm saying, in terms of the big picture. The world's wealth, as evidenced by the astronomical increase in the S&P 500, bears that out (no pun intended). If we stay at this level of macro technology, huge gains in wealth will not be created, world GDP will fall off a cliff, along with stock markets. And because the United States is still the world's largest superpower by far, and because we have such a lax immigration policy, unlike China, to handle dramatic changes in demographics, the US will remain at the helm through the coming restructuring of human kind in the next 50 years. Just critically thinking here, we've gone from the agriculture revolution, to the industrial revolution, to the digital revolution. The next giant leap that will create another step up in prosperity will be the space revolution, and it will likely happen as a result of necessity for the survival of the human race. What event prompts that, I have no clue.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Be safe out there in the coming years, and remember: take care of one another. your friends and family. And remember what's important in life, because the decline is just now starting.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

Within 3 to 4 years , China`s economy will surpass the US, thats not a Prediction.

That`s the Facts.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Within 3 to 4 years , China`s economy will surpass the US, thats not a Prediction.

That`s the Facts.

China's economy is based upon everyone buying their cheaply produced products.
If no one is buying product their economy is going to tank.

If the USA fails then so does china.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

That`s the Facts.

Based on current and previous statistics and GDP numbers, but all those are changing at a rapid pace. China's economy is slowing dramatically, and Chinese GDP numbers have been inflated by the Chinese government. In addition, most of China's GDP growth has been from selling US and European consumers cheap goods.

Faber, who correctly predicted the 1987 stock market crash and more recently forecast the stock market correction in August last year, said China's economy depends largely on capital spending, which tends to be volatile and has a strong multiplier effect on the economy. A slowdown in China could have a painful impact on global gross domestic product [cnbc explains] growth as the nation is now the single largest contributor to global economic growth, the International Monetary Fund said earlier this year. The nation's contribution to global economic growth over 2010-13 is expected to be 31 percent, up from just 8 percent in the 1980s, the IMF said.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

That`s the Facts.

China's economy is based upon everyone buying their cheaply produced products.
If no one is buying product their economy is going to tank.

If the USA fails then so does china.

EXACTLY. And they will fall much harder than the United States will because we still have the largest middle class in history, and with that, brings the strongest internal market in world history. Japan's economic growth was also based soley on exports because they had no internal market like the US does, and they've been in "the lost decade".

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
If you study History, you will see that all of the World's most Powerful Societies have eventually fallen to others.

Yes some may have lasted 10's to 100's of years while others 1000's. Still none have ever lasted forever.

The U.S. will have its day as well. We are corrupted by Corporate greed which has infiltrated the Gov't with all of their money spent of lobbyists bending the rules to whatever suits them. Study corporate greed and you will see that it has been the cause of the downfall of many.

Interestingly enough, quite a number of psychics have predicted America's fall and the possibility of a break up like what happened to the USSR. I think it would be much better to decentralize the US Gov into 5 sections, each with its own prime minister type representative. Too much power in the hands of the corporations leads to drones everywhere and the soon to be microchip implant cashless society that Sweden/Spain/Canada are already in the process on working on

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

An alternative title for this note is Flight to Liquidity Is Lifting for Takeoff, but the word “correction” stands out more for most with the two titles meaning the same thing and that is a mass investor exodus from equities and commodities and into the relative and perceived safety of US dollars and Treasurys. Put more politely, this correction could be called a flight to safety by some or even primly, a flight to quality, but when looking at the decade-long monthly charts of the dollar index, 10-year Treasury yield, S&P, VIX, $BPSPX, CRB Index with a little Russell 2000 thrown in there for good measure, there’s nothing prim or proper about what’s coming and that is a potentially devastating correction and probably soon.

Now if this sort of possible dollar strength were coming under the auspices of a strong and improving US economy and rising rates it would be one thing, but when it is likely to come as the 10-year Treasury yield appears likely to go sub-1% as discussed last week, it is an entirely different thing and that is not even a flight to liquidity or safety but a flight of fear as investors essentially give the US government their money for very little return as occurred with shorter Treasurys in 2008 when investors were so scared they basically paid the US government to hold their money through that crisis.

source

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The US economy is based on consumption, over 70% anyway.

With the Fed rates at 0%, Hyperinflation is knocking at our door, the middle class will be ravaged.

Bosnia and Zimbabwe are excellent countries to study, the US is following the same path these countries took.

We live in interesting times.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The US economy is based on consumption, over 70% anyway.

With the Fed rates at 0%, Hyperinflation is knocking at our door, the middle class will be ravaged.

Bosnia and Zimbabwe are excellent countries to study, the US is following the same path these countries took.

We live in interesting times.

Hyperinflation is not coming. Hyper DEFLATION perhaps. There will, at some point, be a resetting of the global currency system, that is for sure. But the comparison's to Zimbabwe are not accurate. The United States is monetarily sovereign and the US dollar is, and will continue to be, the world's reserve currency. Read the article I posted, over the last several months, world investors are starting to flood into the US dollar because Europe is collapsing.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
What the hell! When I made that chart above with my prediction of the S&P 500, the cursor on my mouse somehow ended up on January, 1984. That is CREEPY.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Yea for now, but maybe Europe will see that the US rating agency's (btw many high positions from US banks work there now), are really a key factor in this. As soon Europe comes with a fix of some kind, voila, another debt downgrade on greece and other EU country's which makes it even harder again.

I bet many US banks got bets on Greece, if Greece falls, they makes tons of money.

''Nice'' read about derivatives & the EU crisis:
wallstreetpit.com...

seekingalpha.com...

www.commondreams.org...

But really, if the US gets in troubles afterwards, since when Europe goes bad, it doesn't help the US later (sure for now good interest rates on her debt) but we will see who will be the last 1 standing.
My bets is on Europe.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

That`s the Facts.
You're going off the assumption that the global economy will resemble what you see today. Unfortunately, we can't predict what the global political and economic scene will resemble in a year, let alone a half decade. I will agree that at the current pace you would be correct. That's why if you have the ability to, you set the political and economic atmosphere to suite your needs. The people who control the production of money have that ability if they make the right moves. The individuals who are in those positions didn't get there by being half wits.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

You're 100% correct. This guy on Youtube, who use to be a huge gold and silver and conspiracy guy, makes some great points in this video, and yes, he's a red blooded American Texas dude, but he's using his head and thinking objectively. I know everyone hates America, but at the global game of chess that is foreign policy, power, military, and finance, the United States is king of the chess board, as much as people hate it. When you take emotion completely out of the way you observe the world and the human condition, things become crystal clear.

his point is, US bankers, hate them all you want, knew back in the early 2000s that the world ship that has been based on a debt based fiat monetary system, will eventually sink. So what did they do? They helped Greece hide their debt levels so they'd be accepted into the European Union, knowing full well that would eventually aid in collapsing the Euro and keeping the US dollar as king. I'm not saying it's good or mad, immoral or moral. Just that it is what it is.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Wow thats a nightmare, not a dream. All nations nowadays are lesser evils that are all pitted against one another, and tend to balance themselves out. If anyone of those lesser evils is able to push over the overs, itll become a greater evil that will be unstoppable. Of course each nation hopes they are the lesser evil that dominates the other lesser evils, the outcome would be the same in any instance: a slow slide into tyranny and oppression for the remainder of humanities existence beyond what anyway on this board has ever experienced, or would want to.
edit on 5/18/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Just an update to my prediction.

For anyone who thinks the US dollar and treasury market is about to implode, I got bad news for you!

advisorperspectives.com...

The 30 year treasury futures price just had a bullish breakout of a multi-decades long trend channel. What does that mean? Interest rate collapse and DEFLATION.

The US major equity indexes are now fulfilling the head and shoulders pattern I pointed out. Bad things are about to happen to world financial markets I'm afraid.

edit on 12-11-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

top topics

join