It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can Kerry help???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
in the past couple of months it has come to my attion (well you almost cant miss it) all of Kerry's campain adds against pres. Bush. with the recent release of the disclosure project press conferences they have said that they wont stop pressing the issue of the government not telling the truth. the director said he sent a letter to bush saying there political attacks wouldnt stop untill he helped or the gov. spilled the beans. BUT seeing as the big election is coming up and it would be very benaficial to Kerry's campain if he helped the project out. He almost couldent turn us down and if the public heard he would press the gov. thats all he would need to get into office. so why doesnt some one write him a letter and find out befor it's to late and he's in office, then he dont give a crap what we want

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I 500% agree with you. Kerry can easily win this campaign if he promised disclosure.

The problem is that, I dont think kerry is an avid believer of UFOs, along with many congressmen. Sending a letter to him, would be like saying, "can you check my closet for the boogy man?" He would take it as complete nonsense or his secretary would give him only the "important" mail. And I dont think UFO disclosure is considered important mail in their political agenda.

Another issue is...Maybe governments already know of this phenomenon. For example, before bush became president, someone asked him if he would be willing to disclose info about UFOs as bush was exiting from his running for president speech. Bush was quickly pulled away by some of his men and the other guy was pretty pushed/moved out of the way. The whole incident seemed like nothing serious or noticable by the press.

But overall, it would be interesting to see how kerry feels on the subject, but I doubt he would get that letter, becuase of the people that read his mail for him.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
we should get the chairman of the disclousre project to send him the letter he knowes people that prosonaly know the Presedent its still worth a shot what do we have to lose. all we need to do is find someone to write it

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonine
we should get the chairman of the disclousre project to send him the letter he knowes people that prosonaly know the Presedent its still worth a shot what do we have to lose. all we need to do is find someone to write it

Agreed. Also The Disclosure Project asks of us to contact our govenment officials and ask them for a disclosure.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
so Cade how do you supose we go about doing this befor the election so we can get both parties attention.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Haha, I already sent such a recommendation to the disclosure project several weeks ago. I never got any reply. Besides, I�m sure they already thought of it. One might presume that the respite in action by the disclosure project might be attributable to waiting for political change.

Hey! It�s an election year, anything is possible!

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I believe four of the last five Presidents of the United States (Carter, Bush 41, Clinton, and Bush 43) made promises to get UFO information out to the public. It never happened. From what I have read, Bush 43 has re-classified many documents so that disclosure through FOIA will continue to be a pipe dream.

No matter who is elected to the office of the President of the United States, they will never get UFO/ET information out to the public, even if they wanted to (like Carter). Its not a defeatist attitude, its just the fact of the matter.

[edit on 30-9-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
if the big muck mucks in the government have covered it up this long, it seems very doubtfull that a president would just start telling all the "secrets"

i totally agree with heelstone... even if they wanted to it would be impossible

[edit on 30-9-2004 by sysenemy]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Great, the fact that Bush could appoint the next few Supreme Court justices, lead us into further destructive wars and continue to favor the rich for everything isn't enough to vote him out but Kerry disclosing info. about UFO's is?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Has everyone forgot a very important fact: Kerry is a member of the skull and bones, like Bush. Why do you think he will be any different to Bush? I really hope you are not buying the election speak.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Posted by Indigo_Child

Has everyone forgot a very important fact: Kerry is a member of the skull and bones, like Bush. Why do you think he will be any different to Bush? I really hope you are not buying the election speak.

I agree with Indigo_child. These guys are two peas from the same pod!

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckwa
Posted by Indigo_Child

I agree with Indigo_child. These guys are two peas from the same pod!

All politicians are one in the same, with only minor "phase changes" as we call it in physics
Someone said earlier...people already probably have sent some letter, but unfortunately, no one cares or they cant afford to disclose such info for numerous reasons. I bet you that even if a president (e.g. clinton) wanted to disclose, the CIA or top military officials would have discouraged him becuase of the consequences it would have on the world. And I'm sure most of us would agree that it would deeply impact the world and raise all accusations on the govt. as to the abductions taking place and the government not doing anything about it or not wanting to do anything about it.

Now the government could easily counter this and say "were doing all we can" and take a public stance against E.T.s and their motives for the abductions, but this would raise question of all the accusations suggesting government association with the E.T.'s. This would of coarse cause a big stir around the world.

I'm not saying that we shouldnt have disclosure becuase of the reasons I put above, but I'm saying that I bet you that's what their motive is for not disclosing....along those lines.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Is there any substance to the statement out there that US Presidents starting with Bush Sr. stopped being briefed on the UFO phenomenon?

I wouldn't doubt that there is a shadow government in some form or another that is withholding this information and is also impenetrable

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by coronamoz
Is there any substance to the statement out there that US Presidents starting with Bush Sr. stopped being briefed on the UFO phenomenon?

I wouldn't doubt that there is a shadow government in some form or another that is withholding this information and is also impenetrable

Well I think maybe all the presidents after Bush sr. stopped being briefed. Becuase remember Bush Sr. was head of the CIA, and depending on what the CIA knows, then he has that knowledge.

There may not be a shadow government, but most of this top secret stuff would probably be in the hands of the military whom is unwilling to give it up to any other government agency led alone the people.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Ralph Nader on Coast also laughed this off. I was semi-sleep, but I dont think he paid too much importance to this issue. Can any of the listeners tell me what his response was to disclosing UFO"s?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I think we the public should gather a rebellion, we should create a new war, this new war will be for the Truth, and this new war will be our last war.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDB101
and this new war will be our last war.

That�s what they said the last time...

(sorry, I couldn�t resist)

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Reagan may have known some truths regarding UFOs, but as stated above, only because his vp HWBush is an intelligence insider. Even his knowledge is likely to be fairly limited as UFO related info seems to be outside the purview of even the Director of Central Intelligence.

There is likely a hierarchy of organizations which deal with these matters, completely seperate, yet parrallel to the national security apparatus. Majestic seems to be similar to this idea, however "Majestic" itself is likely a Red Herring or just the very tip of the iceberg.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Kennedy was the last US President to be briefed on it (my beliefs from research). After Kennedy wanted to again overhaul the intelligence biz, and eliminate the CIA, he was silenced, and the briefings stopped. Johnson was aware of it through Kennedy. Then the presidents didn't know again until Reagan (who was VERY vocal about it, and whose VP knew, Bush Sr. and then became Pres). Clinton wasn't briefed. Bush Jr. likely knows "something" about it, but you can bet Bush Sr. only told him snippets, as he trusts the ones in charge of it....more than his own son, hehe...

Carter wanted disclosure, but "something" was done to silence this goal... I doubt he was told the full story, or had any further interaction with the "Working Group"....(stopped using Majestic around Kennedy's era as it had been compromised, so either changed to a different name, or went by the nickname)

EDIT: The Director of the CIA doesn't appear to be "in the loop" anymore, but was at the time of Bush's tenure....

[edit on 1-10-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Well someone could write to him and say hey all of us at ATS wants to know the truth about UFO's and we will give your campaine x amount of dollars hell I'd be will to chip in five or ten bucks, hell if everyone chips in they might just go for it.....
I doubt it
But money always has talked

top topics

<<   2 >>

join