It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something very unnerving & strange happened last night. Please read!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Great post OP,

Ignore those pickers! You have given as much detail as possible, with an approximate timeframe, who can ask for more?

As for what happpened? I don't know. Something.

Not much help, but the truth!

CC

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
reply to post by chrismicha77

You said ...........When all this starts to subside I look at my phone and 40 minutes have past, but it only seemed like maybe 15 or 20 minutes.

Hmmm, Funny how your phone did not work, you had no power, but yet it still had a working clock? And wheres the cell phone? You could have called from that? Sorry not buying this, seems a little expired!

he said he was unable to make outgoing calls with his phone, he didn't say it was his landline... I see no reason why he couldn't be talking about his cell phone the entire time (hell I and many others don't even possess a landline). And as you just quoted... He said he looked at his phone and noticed 40 minutes had passed... He looked at his PHONE.

Methinks it's very early and you misunderstood.
edit on 5/19/2012 by Lorienth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
viewoutage.entergy.com...

List of power outages in Mississippi

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Sniff sniff I smell bullsh...... 50 mins of guns firing and you captured nothing on camera?.
Go tell you made up stories on story sites.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lorienth

My husband, me, his parents, his step parents, my parents, my grandparents, my 2 next door neighbors, a handful of friends, and several aunts, uncles and cousins......do not have landlines...we all have cellphones only.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Sounds like an electromagnetic pulse ,with anti air craft fire you heard in the background it may have been a military exercise or a skirmish .
I have read of another who experienced a similar scenario loud booms from the sky, followed by helicopters is it possible there is a secret war going on ?
There is mounting evidence that this may be the case.A power struggle between the white hats and the military and banking cabals that have ruled for so long.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jacktorrance

I do want to say that I have read several of your other posts and you always seem to give informed, skeptical opinions which I have always appreciated in the past. It makes this seem very legitimate, to me at least.

I just want to chime in here on the OP. He would be one of the LAST people I would suspect of making up a story just to start a thread.....I believe he had this experience.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
sounds like an Urban Warfare drill , getting ready for the real thing
, they might be exterimenting with EMPs and hell who knows what else
edit on 19-5-2012 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by openeyeswideshut
I would check with the power company on the blown transformer.

But.. the one part of your story that kinda jumps out at me was when you said the helicopter's came in AFTER.
If it was blown wouldn't they be looking for the source while it was going off to try and prevent a fire not just send in a team when it's over.

O another thing about the transformer blowing is it shouldn't knock out your phone and your electricity, should only be one or the other.

Did you notice whether the land line was workinig or not? Also I think you should talk to people in your neighbourhood and see if you can find out what type of helicopters they were. Someone maybe saw them and can identify. That would at least give you a direction to head in.

Most land line phones these days have base chargers that plug into the wall. If there is no power to the base charger, the remote handset won't call out. I keep a really old version landline phone in the closet to plug in when there's a power outage so I can still use the phone. There are a lot of power outages out here in the "boonies".

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by jacktorrance

I do want to say that I have read several of your other posts and you always seem to give informed, skeptical opinions which I have always appreciated in the past. It makes this seem very legitimate, to me at least.

I just want to chime in here on the OP. He would be one of the LAST people I would suspect of making up a story just to start a thread.....I believe he had this experience.

I'm sure he experienced things just as he said he did. There are just many possibilities for the cause of it, most of which are very mundane. The experience itself is probably the best part of it and when they figure out what caused all of it, it will be a big disappointment, but he'll always get to remember the "fun" of the experience and the "unknown" quality of it.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

You screwed up at anti-weaphon, since when does that sound different?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnus47

But if Google Maps is any indicator, it seems that there is no such town as East Central, Mississippi.

I think by "East Central Mississippi", he was referring to his location in the state, not a town

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Magnus47

But if Google Maps is any indicator, it seems that there is no such town as East Central, Mississippi.

I think by "East Central Mississippi", he was referring to his location in the state, not a town

Exactly. He said his town was Richland and his brother lived in Byram. East Central is well...East-Central

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Strange. The night that op had this happen. Apparently our power went out that night, my dad told me all of his clocks and alarms needed to be reset.
This is in IL

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
When you noticed the air had a static charge, what was the weather? I mean, was it cloudy, windy, clear, cold, warm? Did the hairs on your arms stand up?

Could you hear animals around the neighborhood, like dogs, howling or barking?

Are there any airforce bases or airports near you?

I was going to ask about the atmospheric conditions too because very dry air can have that effect on your skin, like its static charged. Very dry air can have a static charge to it. Any one of these things occurring is not so strange. Strung together like this it could be considered strange but I am still not seeing the intregue here.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
It sounds like a small substation or a pole mounted step-down transformer exploded.

I've seen pole mounted step-down transformers blow before and they are better than fireworks.

It is not uncommon for electricity suppliers to fob off requests for information after a failure as it reduces the risk of people claiming money for damaged power goods.

Yeah the one right in front of my house went a couple of summers ago. It was loud, like a bomb, but the show of sparks and fire was very breif. The box flamed for a bit but the firedepartment only watched it burn, they did not try to extinguish it. I guess because of the power to the wires. They said they were there to make sure the pole itself did not go up in flames. LOL. Their concern was the wooden pole, not the box that was beyond repair at that point.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by novemberecho
Strange. The night that op had this happen. Apparently our power went out that night, my dad told me all of his clocks and alarms needed to be reset.
This is in IL

Possible cause of power outages/blown transformers and all that stuff:
uservideos.sma.../video/CgPcBYCREWo/coronal-mass-ejection-5-1m-class-and-solar-eclipse-this-sunday-may-17-2012-.html

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Power transformers dont blow for 40 minutes constantly exploding like gun fire....
Id head on over to the direction you saw and heard the battle....its probably not going to reveal anything but you never know....it cant be far...
The other thing is it may have been a time anomally or something similar....you were hearing a long ago battle, maybe...did the area go through the civil war?revolutionary war?
Could be a battle anniversary? ghost battles and other strange anomies happen to places where many died traumatically, and the wraithlike soldiers can be seen occaisionally wandering around the area.....they are entities trapped in a time bubble of their own making.....its been seen else where.....

I've heard of residual hauntings. I dont know if this could have been something like that or not. His neighbor did not hear this "battle" or see the flashes. At that late hour its possible the OP was in and out of sleep and the events ran into light dreaming. I dreamed this morning of being led into a very black dark tunnel and I had to feel along the wall to move forward. The next instant I was in a room where all the doors were white painted arches. I have no idea......

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
I know that if I were a part of the government tasked with sending a team in to eliminate a group that is perceived as a threat I would shut the power and telecommunication off before sending the boys in during the middle of the night. Sounds unbelieveable but it definitetly fits what you described much better than a transformer exploding. I've seen that happen a couple of times. One big boom and flash and THEN the power is out. The power doesn't go out 2 hours before the transformer explodes and then boom pop bam pow flash flash. You CANNOT confuse a transformer exploding with a gunfight. And you do not send more than one helicopter, if any at all, to check it out.

It really sounds like some group got hit by the government based on what you've told us.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

Oh boy, someone watches too much tv huh?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
One could speculate about fantastic EMP "Electromagnetic Pulse" [like as in the MATRIX movie] weapons in a battle zone area in an undeclared but possibly real civil war going on in the USA ? However, although I for one will not rule out the possibility of that nevertheless more than likely the events that you're describing are probably nothing more than storm activity causing a blackout over an area of your state as well as the booming sound and flashes of distant thunder. As regard to the helicopters flying around ? Well that is interesting but does not prove anything either. The feeling that comes over when there is a power blackout in the dark of night is just as you describe it. Like some kind of static in the air. Especially during storm activity. The static that you describe is just part of the storm activity and being in pitch black is spooky too. So do not worry about it. If blackouts were common you would understand it and would not worry about it. Since it only happens occassionally it can be a little nervous. Even your animals felt it too !

In the event of civil war it would be something like as in this documentary ?

edit on 19/5/2012 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join