It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something very unnerving & strange happened last night. Please read!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
The OP didn't say other people were scared, did he?

Maybe it wasn't as big deal to most, whether or not it was something quite odd or suspicious.

Actually, I've only spoken to the neighbor and he was startled.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It would have freaked me out to hear such a thing ! Did your neighbor or other people say what they thought it could be? Maybe in a few days someone hears about what happened.

Also has there been any recent UFO sightings around where you live ?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
It sounds like a small substation or a pole mounted step-down transformer exploded.

I've seen pole mounted step-down transformers blow before and they are better than fireworks.

It is not uncommon for electricity suppliers to fob off requests for information after a failure as it reduces the risk of people claiming money for damaged power goods.

For 40 minutes and with copters following after?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I couldn't find anything recent here, but for future reference it may help to have handy. If you have a smart phone still working during something like that, all the players on this site should come up fine. Almost all of Mississippi's local and right on up to State level emergency communications are available through this site.

National index of Police, Fire, Medical and Military communications traffic

Occupy introduced me to this resource and it's been absolutely priceless to me since on any number of things beyond the original purpose I'd found it for. Hope it helps, if something happens again!

(^^ That link is the main MS index page. Click the Live Audio tab at the top to access the real time streaming channels as well as the emergency text alert feeds for some of the larger counties down there)
edit on 18-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Thanks Rabbit hopefully if something like this happens again my phone will work. Found out my nextdoor neighbors phone didn't work either, and he's with another carrier.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hmmmm.....I wonder if a solar event had anything to do with it? I heard something on the news the other day about cities shutting off power to prevent a larger outage in case a CME let loose in our direction from those big sunspots. I don't know much in that area, but your story just made me remember hearing that...... I haven't heard about any Earth directed CME's coming.....then again, I don't really follow it....maybe some of the "Sun" watchers here would know.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
It would have freaked me out to hear such a thing ! Did your neighbor or other people say what they thought it could be? Maybe in a few days someone hears about what happened.

Also has there been any recent UFO sightings around where you live ?

Neighbor thinks it was military chasing a UFO LOL!

I don't know of any UFO sighting in this area of late. We generally don't have much UFO activity in these parts.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

I'm going to throw this out there since I don't believe it was asked.

Was there any weather activity in your area? Specifically in the area of the flashes and bangs? Could this be a simple thunderstorm that knocked out a power station vice Solar Flare or Aliens v. Gov't? Not trying to debunk your claims but I've heard distant thunder that sounded a lot like artillery fire.

Again, just asking as this question has yet to be asked.

One other question, did you contact your power supplier to find out why there was a power outage in your area?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well here in New Orleans a sub station spontaniously went up into flames on Monday night around 8pm. Our whole area was without power untill about 2 am. I've heard of transformers blowing but never had I seen an entire substation go up. strange indeed.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick

I'm going to throw this out there since I don't believe it was asked.

Was there any weather activity in your area? Specifically in the area of the flashes and bangs? Could this be a simple thunderstorm that knocked out a power station vice Solar Flare or Aliens v. Gov't? Not trying to debunk your claims but I've heard distant thunder that sounded a lot like artillery fire.

Again, just asking as this question has yet to be asked.

One other question, did you contact your power supplier to find out why there was a power outage in your area?

Clear skies over the whole state, it wasn't thunder or lightning. Thunder doesn't sound like constant rapid gunfire for 40 minutes. The flashes of light were like a strobe light that was being turned off & on.

My brother and I both called the power company. They said it was due to reasons 'unknown' for the outages.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
If you have the time perhaps you could head out in the direction you saw the flashes and look for any damage that may have occurred.

As for the events being solar related, I doubt that because if solar activity blew up a substation in Mississippi why were there no such events everywhere between there and Canada as one might expect if the solar activity was strong enough to blow things up so far south?
edit on 18-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
In our country I believe the power is devided

Phone company sends its own power over the land lines
Mobile phone antenna stations have their own Hydrogen power supply
Standard power lines for household..

Because all three were down with you, do you know if they all become power off the same powerstation/relay point?

edit on 18-5-2012 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Thanks for answering my questions. Sounds like you had a helluva night. I checked the Entergy outage website but they don't have a "history" option...oh well. There are several outages right now in your state. I would guess that, since your first reaction was to check the breaker box, that you don't often have outages.

Where's your nearest substation? Our infrastructure is old and getting older with every passing day, could it have been a catastrophic failure? Maybe that's why Entergy isn't giving much info since no company wants to look bad.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick

Thanks for answering my questions. Sounds like you had a helluva night. I checked the Entergy outage website but they don't have a "history" option...oh well. There are several outages right now in your state. I would guess that, since your first reaction was to check the breaker box, that you don't often have outages.

Where's your nearest substation? Our infrastructure is old and getting older with every passing day, could it have been a catastrophic failure? Maybe that's why Entergy isn't giving much info since no company wants to look bad.

I couldn't tell you where one is. Yeah we rarely have outages here, even during severe weather. My stepdad works for Entergy and when he gets off I'm going to try to see if he knows something.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'm still trying to find a reason for the static electricity that was present during this time. Also, I spoke with Trey who is a fireman down the road and they heard & saw it, he also says the radio was full of chatter about it. Still no one knows what it was????

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'm giving you a flag and a star for your story...and thank you for sharing it with us.
Unbeknownst to us, there may be a great many episodes like your's taking place all around us in the early hours.

As it stands, I will take your story at face value as true...and I mean no offense in asking this, but would you be willing to swear on your personal honor that ALL you have told us is true and accurate?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Isn't Camp Shelby close to you? When I was in the Seabee's we would have our Field Exercises there . The place is huge out in the middle of no where and at night or early morning hours sound can travel forever.
Still doesn't rule out the power and phone services being down though.
Interesting.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Any chance it could have been heat lighting? We get that allot here in Florida. Flashy strobe lights in the clouds sometimes with a rumble sometimes not. sometimes you can feel the charge in the air. Just a thought. Or possibly a government raid on some "terrorists" hideout. Lord knows all that money is burning a hole in the NSA's pocket and I am sure they are dying to try out all the fancy new toys they bought with our money. Tools.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq

Isn't Camp Shelby close to you? When I was in the Seabee's we would have our Field Exercises there . The place is huge out in the middle of no where and at night or early morning hours sound can travel forever.
Still doesn't rule out the power and phone services being down though.
Interesting.

That's the camp I was refering to in Hattiesburg, MS, which is about 85 miles away. I've been here 5 years and nothing close to this has ever happened.

+2 more 
posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
I'm giving you a flag and a star for your story...and thank you for sharing it with us.
Unbeknownst to us, there may be a great many episodes like your's taking place all around us in the early hours.

As it stands, I will take your story at face value as true...and I mean no offense in asking this, but would you be willing to swear on your personal honor that ALL you have told us is true and accurate?

May I drop dead now if I lied or embellished at all. If you have ever seen my posts or threads started, you will see I'm a no BS kind of guy.

So no offense, I would be asking the same thing if it didn't happen to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join