It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something very unnerving & strange happened last night. Please read!!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I haven't read all the replies, but I highly doubt a resolution has been reached, and there are still probably just as many questions as there were when the thread was presented. There is nothing usual about this. This was not just a blown transformer, or some other mundane occurrence. If that were the case, then the helicopters, gunfire lasting for extended periods of time, etc., would all have to be coincidental. I just cannot buy that, as the odds are stacked highly against that explanation.

Over the years I have heard of strange events that no one seems to notice, and that no one talks about. Nothing like this at all though. I remember feeling the ground shaking about 5 years ago, which is strange considering there hasn't been an earthquake in my area for I don't know how long. I've never even heard of one in this area. And no one else seemed to know anything about it. A similar incident was a loud explosion, which I never got to the bottom of.

Anyway, this sounds just plain crazy. My first thought would be some type of military interference or exercise, but a base would probably have to be relatively nearby. Even then, it seems odd that they would purposefully kill the power to a city like that. They wouldn't do that. The weapons firing is what screams military, as well as the helos. Were they military choppers, or could you tell? Were they news helicopters? That would be a good thing, lol.
I will read the rest of the replies, although there are quite a few, to see if these questions have been answered yet. Keep us posted please if you find anything out.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

I don't know what "anti-weapon" guns are. Do you mean "anti-aircraft"? AA Guns as they call em.

Please answer this and update the OP because it's confusing a lot of people

I have never been in the military, but I knew he meant anti-aircraft fire, just using logic.... It's not that confusing, unless you're easily confused. It was a simple mistake and you can't go back and your OP edit after a certain amount of time, so he can't change it.

So, as a public service, I'll make an announcement to clear up "all the confusion"

ATTENTION! When the OP typed "anti weapon", he meant to say "anti aircraft", but was unable to change this slight error. My condolences to all who may have been traumatized by this.

edit on 5/19/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/19/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I knew what he meant, too, but there were several people being jackasses about it. I wasn't trying to be.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I still wonder if any of it could have been due to recent solar activity? It probably wasn't since it was localized though....right? Sorry if I was a bit snippy in my above post, but so many are raggin on Chris, when he is simply sharing an experience, and DID post in the "gray area". I mean, that is what this particular section is for....sharing odd experiences we don't understand. So many (myself included) hesitate to share things just because of the way some people attack. Question....yes.....calling someone a liar...no. Did anyone ever hear of any other reports from the area? If the OP lives in a rural area, that could be why there were not reports etc.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Has anyone brought up the possibility of computerized rolling blackouts due to air condition power useage?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

Yes, I know, that's why I said I was sorry for being "snippy" LOL. I really shouldn't have put that in my reply to you.....it is just getting to be a trend lately, where some people are launching personal attacks, instead of just questioning the event. It makes people hestitant to share things, you know? Do you know anything about solar events? I was wondering if perhaps it could have been something like that affecting the power grid. But like I said, that would probably be more widespread right? I really think something happened, it's just a question of what.
edit on 5/19/2012 by StealthyKat because: added content

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Could have the power went out, which it happens, and some people in the neighborhood set some fireworks off(mortars sound just like anti-aircraft fire)? The heli's might have been just passing through. Sorry, but I don't see enough to really get all bent out of shape over.
edit on 19-5-2012 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Proton weaponry, with that kind of description and what you've felt, that is the cause of those flashes and sounds (similar to a low rumble when heard far off.)

May seem like something out of a sci-fi, but you saw it.

Now just to clear things up, do you remember the color of the flashes?

Did you see anything else beside flashes of light in the sky?

Has anyone that you know of all of a sudden come up with acute symptoms of radiation sickness?

And when you said anti-weapon fire, do explain what you mean by that?

You don't have to answer this, just feel free to answer one man's questions, out of the thousands who have questions.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gedo:Rinne Tensei

I already asked this but you missed it.
So why didnt you made pictures or recorded any evidence with your smartphone?
It just missed your mind?

I heard a story here on ATS about a woman who experienced a strange event.There was flash in the story and helicopters after it.
But eventually nobody remembered anything about the event,that by the way happened in daylight.
However she took her cellphone and could record some evidence about the helicopters and her memory wasnt ereased completely as others.But it strengthened her in what happened to her,because what he recorded wasnt,in others memory after.

It's one of those things that you ask yourself afterward. I didn't once think about it, but I doubt the phone would have caught much, it's not the best. I regret not at least trying but it's in the past now.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust

Originally posted by chrismicha77
I want to thank you all for your responses, ideas, and given me insight to what may have happened.

To those that doubt what happened, I thank you too, if we didn't question things, we wouldn't be human.

Hi Chris,

Like you, I'm a level headed and logical thinking guy and always try to find a logical explanation to what I experienced before saying that eventually something weird happens to me.

When I read your first post, it immediately sounds in my head in a strong way. I don't know how to exactly describe it, but it's like if your story was my story.
My feeling is that it's some sort of "déjà vu", and that I experienced the exact same thing here, in France, a very long time ago.
Don't ask me to exactly describe how and when, I couldn't help, but I can assure you that at this exact moment, I have a very strange feeling and that the whole thing is going in circles in my head...

Very interesting and maybe it's possible ya know. Thank you for your kind words!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
aliens

....and don't forget "swamp gas".

I've only read the OP and a few comments but I'm betting someone will have some crazy ass explanation like an unannounced combination power outage / joint Russian military training exercise which, according to his uncles one-armed Iranian boyfriend, happens all the time in most every state of the union, but goes unnoticed and or unreported because of the sensitivity and secrecy of the the training excercise.

But in reality it's 👉👽👈 creating drama and desentisizing humans for disclosure.....

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

the courage to share this experience is stronger than the forces that quiet

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Thanks, OP, for sharing your story. It is quite intriguing! Hopefully, as you investigate more and speak to others, some light will be shed on the event. I hope you will continue to post as you discover things - I'm looking forward to it.

I'm new to this site and it is intimidating and sometimes oozes negativity. I keep hanging in there because of posts like yours, and the awesome people who are genuinely participating in this discussion.

- AB

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I was thinking the same thing. Too precise with times and a power outage. I know he could have a battery operated clock; we have several but I can't see the time unless I have a flashlight. Possibly he could have used a flashlight but since he went into such detail about everything else a missing flashlight to see the times as the night progressed was odd. Does have all the makings of a great 'tall' tale!

But in all fairness, there are some very strange things in this world. We have been introduced to some extremely strange things that were so bizzar most would question the story. Anyway, with all the foreign troops on our soil and fears as to why they are 'really' here, I could also be pursuaded to believe something sinister was truly in the works. I'm one of those conspiracy nuts, checking everything I read and hear with a major block of salt. I hope this post doesn't sound like I was making fun of anything but you have to be realistic. Those people are writing blogs too and its just a good story and nothing more. If we didn't question we'd all look silly. Hope it was nothing to do with a preview of war on our own soil.
edit on 19-5-2012 by ladyoutlaw because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2012 by ladyoutlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyoutlaw
reply to post by intrptr

I was thinking the same thing. Too precise with times and a power outage. I know he could have a battery operated clock; we have several but I can't see the time unless I have a flashlight. Possibly he could have used a flashlight but since he went into such detail about everything else a missing flashlight to see the times as the night progressed was odd. Does have all the makings of a great 'tall' tale!

I seriously don't get all these posts about the time... Am I the only one has his cell phone next to him at almost ALL times? You guys are making this more complicated then it is with all this talk about battery operated clocks and landlines.

It's simple. He had his cellphone on him. He looked at the clock on the CELLPHONE. Holy hell.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

well the only thing i can say to your exsperience is that things are geting real hairy around here and in the u.s i dont know your political status but the ndaa and fema are starting a lot of crap in our saposed to be free country and if you like to research then you can google rex 84 and that mite exsplan to you about the helocoptors flying around or you can google union picific i am a researcher for the republic for the united states of amarica and a free sovereign on the land so i look up alot of good things and you can also go to my fb page and look at some of the stuff that i have posted my you can find me under the name of solvereignrights on fb so if you have any more ? then feal free to contact me via fb

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander

Proton weaponry, with that kind of description and what you've felt, that is the cause of those flashes and sounds (similar to a low rumble when heard far off.)

May seem like something out of a sci-fi, but you saw it.

Now just to clear things up, do you remember the color of the flashes?

Did you see anything else beside flashes of light in the sky?

Has anyone that you know of all of a sudden come up with acute symptoms of radiation sickness?

And when you said anti-weapon fire, do explain what you mean by that?

You don't have to answer this, just feel free to answer one man's questions, out of the thousands who have questions.

Flashes were white to off white.

I saw nothing else but flashes.

No, no one has any sort of radiation sickness.

I may be calling them a name that is wrong, but if you ever saw on TV the first invasion of Iraq, were there was anti weapon artillery going in the air, the sounds from that is what I closely relate it to.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
To all:

I have been searching for something to describe what I heard this night. I have finally found a video on Youtube that is almost exactly what I heard.

Don't mind the talking but listen to the anti aircraft gunfire. I hope this helps!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I am not suprised by this thread it all. I live in Kansas City,Mo north of the river which is the good area so to speak. For 10 years on and off there have been loud booms, flashes light that were not lightening nor fireworks. They happened during clear weather and not even close to Janruary or July.
I have called police before but they pretend like nothing happened. Most incidents I had at least one witness. One time I had 5 witnesses and we were all looking for the source of the booms.
A few times there were helicopters over the area. Maybe there are secret terrorists missions the governments goes on when they find people who are on the terrorist watch list?This of course would be very secretive. Who knows?
I have never found any explianation to the loud booms in KC but I hope you find an answer to yours.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Well, night before last, which was the 18th, me & the mister had recently gone to bed and all of a sudden I heard 2 or 3 loud booms. I'm on the TX Gulf Coast & I guess it was sometime between 9 and 11 pm.
When I heard the first boom I raised my head up to make sure I was hearing what I thought I was.
At first I thought my hub was fiddling for something on his nightstand in the dark, and I asked him, "Are you doing that?" He asked what, and then we both heard the last boom.
I told him that it sounded like gun shot, but more like a shotgun or a bazooka. Definitely not a pistol.
The reason I first thought maybe it was coming from somewhere in the bedroom, is because it was almost like I felt it before I heard it. If I didn't know any better I would say it sounded like a canon or guns on a ship, it was that loud and distinct.
I chalked it up to being something going on at one of the refineries, even though they're about 15 miles away.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join